Diamondized Gold Crown 4

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hi Guys,

I am in the process of working a deal with a mechanic/pool table sales and service guy in GA for a GC4. Part of the deal with him is delivery and set up included, So I am looking for some good advice and specs from my AZ forum buddies and master table mechanics! As I am parcial to the Gold Crowns over Diamond tables, I really would like to have the best of both worlds with a "Souped-Up" GC4! This guy says he doesn't reccomend me going with Artemis rubber and swears by Super Speed cushions (I really wanted Artemis... Is this a mistake?

Anyway... To simplify, I really just want the GC4 to have extended rails and tight pockets (Not so tight that the table is no fun to play on but are not buckets and would be a good playing (home) practice table. I really would appreciate some input and possibly some specs (rubber model numbers, pocket size suggestions and/or additional important information) from mechanics! Thanks In Advance! Davie

Travis3c

AV Pool Nut
Silver Member
If your located in Georgia or any where in the South, you need to contact Mark Gregory aka (Perfectpocketz) on this forum. He is a Master Billiard Technician and your table will play perfect!!!

Last edited:

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
Hi Guys,

To simplify, I really just want the GC4 to have extended rails and tight pockets (Not so tight that the table is no fun to play on but are not buckets and would be a good playing (home) practice table. I really would appreciate some input and possibly some specs (rubber model numbers, pocket size suggestions and/or additional important information) from mechanics! Thanks In Advance! Davie

Fast Davie,
What you want done is not something your average mechanic is able to do. There is literally a handful of guys in the country doing this work. Not to say your mechanic can't but unless he has spent countless hours changing bevels to test rails he will most likely stick to stock numbers and that just dosn't do it. Mark Gregory is a good friend of mine and there is not another guy out there doing the work he is. The guy is an artist with cushion dynamics. If the deal falls through with the other mechanic Mark can come up with some really nice Gold Crowns. Or Super Crowns as we like to call them.

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fast Davie,
What you want done is not something your average mechanic is able to do. There is literally a handful of guys in the country doing this work. Not to say your mechanic can't but unless he has spent countless hours changing bevels to test rails he will most likely stick to stock numbers and that just dosn't do it. Mark Gregory is a good friend of mine and there is not another guy out there doing the work he is. The guy is an artist with cushion dynamics. If the deal falls through with the other mechanic Mark can come up with some really nice Gold Crowns. Or Super Crowns as we like to call them.
Thanks Pat! Very good info!!! The deal is not set in stone, I want to make the best decision. If Mark can come up with a "Super Crown" or a GC4 in good shape (Be willing to do the work in NC) please let me know before I pull the trigger! Thanks Again! D

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks Pat! Very good info!!! The deal is not set in stone, I want to make the best decision. If Mark can come up with a "Super Crown" or a GC4 in good shape (Be willing to do the work in NC) please let me know before I pull the trigger! Thanks Again! D

I have Artie Bodenorfer's, "worlds greatest hustler hall of fame player" GC4 if you're interested. $3,000 plus $1,000 delivery. I can drop the rails off with Mark Gregory to install the Artemis K55 cushions on and tighten the pockets if you're interested.

Glen

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have Artie Bodenorfer's, "worlds greatest hustler hall of fame player" GC4 if you're interested. $3,000 plus $1,000 delivery. I can drop the rails off with Mark Gregory to install the Artemis K55 cushions on and tighten the pockets if you're interested.

Glen
Thanks for your response Glen!!! Do you have some photos of the table that you could PM me? You Da Man!

Last edited:

Dartman

Silver Member
If your located in Georgia or any where in the South, you need to contact Mark Gregory aka (Perfectpocketz) on this forum. He is a Master Billiard Technician and your table will play perfect!!!

Mark is the man - he can trick out a pos GC like nobody can. :thumbup:

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Thanks for your response Glen!!! Do you have some photos of the table that you could PM me? You Da Man!

No...I didn't take any pictures of Artie's GC4 before I took it apart and moved it out of his house to replace it with a modified, 4" corner pocketed Diamond 9ft ProAm, but I'll tell you this...the table is in excellent condition...it's being stored at the BCA warehouse in Vegas right now, I just haven't had the time to market it for sale yet.

Glen

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
table

If you have mark or glen set up that table you will be the one of the luckiest GC owners ever and have a permanent smile on your face' highly suggested! If your gonna spend the money on a table I suggest you do it the rite way and contact mark or glen, if you don't you will wish you did later down the road...table will play tip top'
There work is money well spent, enjoy!
-
Rob.M

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
No...I didn't take any pictures of Artie's GC4 before I took it apart and moved it out of his house to replace it with a modified, 4" corner pocketed Diamond 9ft ProAm, but I'll tell you this...the table is in excellent condition...it's being stored at the BCA warehouse in Vegas right now, I just haven't had the time to market it for sale yet.

Glen
Thanks Again Glen! Your response is always respected by me and all! The shipping would kill my budget... Otherwise, I would be paying cash right now!!! Thanks Again, D

Fast Davie NC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If you have mark or glen set up that table you will be the one of the luckiest GC owners ever and have a permanent smile on your face' highly suggested! If your gonna spend the money on a table I suggest you do it the rite way and contact mark or glen, if you don't you will wish you did later down the road...table will play tip top'
There work is money well spent, enjoy!
-
Rob.M
I agree Rob! Your thoughts are very appreciated! Regards, Davie

Dartman

Silver Member
So if Mark tunes up a GC to play lights out - why call it diamondizing considering diamond has had their rail problems in the past when the term came to life. Sorry dudes, I just have some heartburn with the terminology.

PoolTable911

AdvancedBilliardSolutions
Silver Member
So if Mark tunes up a GC to play lights out - why call it diamondizing considering diamond has had their rail problems in the past when the term came to life. Sorry dudes, I just have some heartburn with the terminology.

:yeah::yes::yeah::yes:

ROB.M

:)
Silver Member
rail

Trust me...u don't want any part of me with rail work....bar none!

Mark Gregory
-
-
I smell a rail build/rebuild off! I'm thinking both would play the same I hope???? Is it just the method used and tools used to rebuild rails that is different?
-
Rob.M