Dishonest sales on this forum

Vintage cues can be problematic.
- Non-Original shafts,
- Short shafts,
- Bad repairs.

I've walked away from alot of cues, some due to condition, some due to sellers unwilling to provide information.

There was a cue sold to me earlier in the year that I was protected on through eBay and PayPal. In a nutshell the cue was junk. I returned it to the seller for a refund, and told the seller in detail what was wrong with it. He relisted it without mentioning any of it's problems and sold it for more than I paid. That buyer relisted the cue, probably after discovering it was not restorable, with a sparse description with no mention of it's condition. It again sold and I wonder if the buyer ever learned that he bought a cue that can't be fixed.
Yes

I sold a brand new cue a couple years ago worth $2400, month later the buyer wanted to trade it back for another cue I had listed.
Shafts were 13mm unchalked when I sent it out, when I got it back the shafts were 12.3.
I was so mad I'm even mad at the cuemaker who turned them down.
 
We certainly want to make users aware of bad seeds like that, but we do stop short of banning them. If we ban them, then they just come back with another username, and no one knows about the old username.

What would be ideal, would be a list with First Name, Last Name, City and State. That way when someone is making a deal, they can check then the user gives them the shipping info. I know there are ways around even that, but I don't know how else to handle it.

Thoughts? Suggestions?
How would I go about changing my screen name to my real name and keeping all my current stats? I thought about doing this before but when I joined it seemed everyone had a "handle" or screen name. It didn't seem unusual because at the time I was still an over-the-road truck driver and CB 'handles' were popular!
 
Last edited:
How would I go about changing my screen name to my real name and keeping all my current stats? I thought about doing this before but when I joined it seemed everyone had a "handle" or screen name. It didn't seem unusual because at the time I was still an over-the-road truck driver and CB 'handles' were popular!

Or, all sales need real name in the ad. If AZB finds someone not using their real names, then it's a ban for one year. They know what names go to each user, right?

Facebook sells just find, and their name is right there in your face. It's no big deal to anyone who you are.
 
How would I go about changing my screen name to my real name and keeping all my current stats? I thought about doing this before but when I joined it seemed everyone had a "handle" or screen name. It didn't seem unusual because at the time I was still an over-the-road truck driver and CB 'handles' were popular!

Just put your real name in your sig line.
 
I make a motiion you present the evidence. Will someone second the motion?


I see 2 sellers on here ,who in the past were openly flagged as not trustworthy, posting all over the for sale forum. Can't figure that out.
Well how about naming them for Pete's sake. You want someone to get screwed over?
 
With all the bullshit that can occur with a pre-owned cue sale/purchase,
and with the price of some custom cues, a escrow service is indeed a
very valuable service......I'd eagerly drop $100 to confirm that a Hercek
cue I was buying was authentic and exactly as described by the seller.

Fastnloose and a few other Azers were offering this service but Az is an
ideal source to offer this. I suggested this to Jerry F. a few yrs ago but he
expressed reservations about needless legal hassles with buyer disputes.
Basically it was viewed as more headaches. My point was it could easily
morph into a national cue sale registry which I am still a proponent of.

It's time to start a data base for pool cues so that more empirical information
can be garnished about cue values and a better basis for assigning prices
which frankly is a little seat of the pants right now. The cue-maker's name
drives the price alot and there's reasons for it but none of which are clearly
and understandably articulated. In other words, there's no objective criteria.

A cue sales registry is a big step in objectively determining the value of a cue
and could yield sales data that would help confirm the actual sales marketplace.
Facts....actual cue sales....are what we need more than anything else & it would
help with establishing reliable insurance values if one ever had to file any claim.


Matt B.
 
Matt, let's discuss this idea a little more. Not being a cue collector myself, please correct me where I am wrong here...

We are talking about two different things. The escrow service would serve as a go-between who would accept the cue and verify it is what it is claimed to be. Wouldn't a pretty serious collector have to be involved with this, in order to make this verification?

The cue database is something completely different. I am imagining an online database with photos, description and sales history of the cue including dates, owner and prices.

What am I missing?
 
A registry would be fantastic.

There is a cue that I like and it has been floating around from different owners to different owners. Probably a cue whore.;)

It's nice to know how many of these cues have different owners and each description from owner to owner are different.

One says it has been test hit. Then the next owner will say its never been hit. :o
 
I refuse to use Friends and Family as that negates the benefits of using Paypal for my protection.

Same here.

4% is cheap insurance and valuable peace of mind. Even cheaper if you use a rewards card.
 
Last edited:
Matt, let's discuss this idea a little more. Not being a cue collector myself, please correct me where I am wrong here...

We are talking about two different things. The escrow service would serve as a go-between who would accept the cue and verify it is what it is claimed to be. Wouldn't a pretty serious collector have to be involved with this, in order to make this verification?

The cue database is something completely different. I am imagining an online database with photos, description and sales history of the cue including dates, owner and prices.

What am I missing?

Members alter and delete pricing history all the time. I never understood why that is allowed? Once the price and cue are posted they should not be allowed to be removed or altered. They should be locked and only changed by an administrator on those rare occasions it is necessary

KD
 
It's time to start a data base for pool cues so that more empirical information
can be garnished about cue values and a better basis for assigning prices
which frankly is a little seat of the pants right now. The cue-maker's name
drives the price alot and there's reasons for it but none of which are clearly
and understandably articulated. In other words, there's no objective criteria.

A cue sales registry is a big step in objectively determining the value of a cue
and could yield sales data that would help confirm the actual sales marketplace.
Facts....actual cue sales....are what we need more than anything else & it would
help with establishing reliable insurance values if one ever had to file any claim.

Matt B.

Will this be a paid position? :-)
You are proposing a project and activity that would require a mountain of effort not only to establish but to maintain. And it is much more involved than just recording sales prices.

More complicated than creating and maintaining the database would be selecting qualified people knowledgeable on various cue makers past and present.
 
Members alter and delete pricing history all the time. I never understood why that is allowed? Once the price and cue are posted they should not be allowed to be removed or altered. They should be locked and only changed by an administrator on those rare occasions it is necessary

KD

Prices fluctuate
 
So please review the pictures I attached. The seller straight up lied, and I asked a question about it. In response, he dropped his price $500 and changed the wording. He has 129 positive feedback, which means he has done that at least that many cue deals. He knows better. There is no way he thought that shaft was original. The cue had 2 original shafts, per the previous owner.

After I posted this thread, he deleted the photos and the pricing. He also emailed me a close-up of the rings, omitting the questionable "original" shaft. Smells like he knew he was perpetrating a fraud? I'll let you decide why someone would scurry away like that...

Why would you post a $2400 cue with some $24 import shaft, and call it original?? Someone with the AZB TEAM badge should know that acting aboveboard is the only way to keep the site clean. If you get to moderate a forum while attempting to rip off unsuspecting buyers, then it makes perfect sense why people are using Facebook more and more.

I'd love to know what the consequences of a Team member and Moderator using this site to rip people off.

Thank you for your time.
 

Attachments

  • Screenshot_20170927-073640.jpg
    Screenshot_20170927-073640.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 439
  • Screenshot_20170927-073612.jpg
    Screenshot_20170927-073612.jpg
    168.4 KB · Views: 413
  • Screenshot_20170927-073602.jpg
    Screenshot_20170927-073602.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 412
  • Screenshot_20171002-161336.jpg
    Screenshot_20171002-161336.jpg
    177.2 KB · Views: 440
  • Screenshot_20171002-162523.jpg
    Screenshot_20171002-162523.jpg
    203.1 KB · Views: 445
So please review the pictures I attached. The seller straight up lied, and I asked a question about it. In response, he dropped his price $500 and changed the wording. He has 129 positive feedback, which means he has done that at least that many cue deals. He knows better. There is no way he thought that shaft was original. The cue had 2 original shafts, per the previous owner.

After I posted this thread, he deleted the photos and the pricing. He also emailed me a close-up of the rings, omitting the questionable "original" shaft. Smells like he knew he was perpetrating a fraud? I'll let you decide why someone would scurry away like that...

Why would you post a $2400 cue with some $24 import shaft, and call it original?? Someone with the AZB TEAM badge should know that acting aboveboard is the only way to keep the site clean. If you get to moderate a forum while attempting to rip off unsuspecting buyers, then it makes perfect sense why people are using Facebook more and more.

I'd love to know what the consequences of a Team member and Moderator using this site to rip people off.

Thank you for your time.

I’ve seen his cues they are top notch cues with hefty prices that said you haven’t seen anything close to what I’ve witnessed years ago 10x worst then what your saying so many have been banned here
 
I’ve seen his cues they are top notch cues with hefty prices that said you haven’t seen anything close to what I’ve witnessed years ago 10x worst then what your saying so many have been banned here

I've seen worse, but this is the first time a dealer lied with proof in the post.

Usually, guys call cues straight and they are warped. Or, the shafts are turned down and they neglect to tell you that.
 
I've seen worse, but this is the first time a dealer lied with proof in the post.

Usually, guys call cues straight and they are warped. Or, the shafts are turned down and they neglect to tell you that.



Excuse me sir...
you contact me asking to buy the cue without the shafts ... (i won't sell to you anymore)
i noticed the shaft was not original after you informed me... thanks for that and i deleted the post because i made a mistake ...:confused:

i am as honest as it comes SIR.... and you can ASK around if i ever did someone wrong...

if i sell something to you and you are not satisfied, you get 100% money back

so, 1 time you find one mistake on pictures you call me dishonest ? ... are you ok ? or just ............
 

Attachments

  • IMG_8724.jpg
    IMG_8724.jpg
    183.9 KB · Views: 315
Last edited:
Members alter and delete pricing history all the time. I never understood why that is allowed? Once the price and cue are posted they should not be allowed to be removed or altered. They should be locked and only changed by an administrator on those rare occasions it is necessary

KD


I have had many buyers request that I remove pricing and remove the pics as well.

Just a courtesy to the buyer, otherwise I would leave them up what do I care, but it's very important to the buyers.
 
I have had many buyers request that I remove pricing and remove the pics as well.

Just a courtesy to the buyer, otherwise I would leave them up what do I care, but it's very important to the buyers.

But why is it important???

Kd
 
But why is it important???

Kd

In a word, discretion.

Might want to resell.

Don't want S.O. to know.

Don't want ex-S.O. to know.

Many reasons are possible.

But getting back to that word, discretion. Once possession has transfered in a noncommercial sale, it's really nobody's business other than the new owner.
 
Back
Top