Dishonest sales on this forum

i deleted the post because i made a mistake ...:confused:

Not before you tried to sell it for less. So you somehow "misplaced" the 2 original shafts you got, then slapped on two more non-RB shafts and called one matching?

Made a mistake? The mistake was getting caught.

You're a moderator, you know better.
 
Matt, let's discuss this idea a little more. Not being a cue collector myself, please correct me where I am wrong here...

We are talking about two different things. The escrow service would serve as a go-between who would accept the cue and verify it is what it is claimed to be. Wouldn't a pretty serious collector have to be involved with this, in order to make this verification?

The cue database is something completely different. I am imagining an online database with photos, description and sales history of the cue including dates, owner and prices.

What am I missing?

Just my humble opinion, but prices don't belong in a database. If I decide to sell a cue cheap because I need the money, that shouldn't hurt a future sale.
 
Just my humble opinion, but prices don't belong in a database. If I decide to sell a cue cheap because I need the money, that shouldn't hurt a future sale.

Most often traded hard assets retain a database; real estate, coins, precious stones like diamonds, stocks, etc.. It is up to the buyer and/or appraiser to detect and eliminate sales that are considered anomalies and use only "arms length", market value, comparable, sales. No system is infallible, but it works.
 
Matt, let's discuss this idea a little more. Not being a cue collector myself, please correct me where I am wrong here...

We are talking about two different things. The escrow service would serve as a go-between who would accept the cue and verify it is what it is claimed to be. Wouldn't a pretty serious collector have to be involved with this, in order to make this verification?

The cue database is something completely different. I am imagining an online database with photos, description and sales history of the cue including dates, owner and prices.

What am I missing?

Generally cue sales are private transactions and the idea of collecting accurate pricing information on private sales is not a good one. Some buyers of higher priced cues do not want anyone to know what they paid or even that they purchased a cue in the first place. That's just my take on it. It's always a buyer beware situation. I try to deal only with people that are known and have a good reputation for most things I purchase.
 
Matt, let's discuss this idea a little more. Not being a cue collector myself, please correct me where I am wrong here...

We are talking about two different things. The escrow service would serve as a go-between who would accept the cue and verify it is what it is claimed to be. Wouldn't a pretty serious collector have to be involved with this, in order to make this verification?

The cue database is something completely different. I am imagining an online database with photos, description and sales history of the cue including dates, owner and prices.

What am I missing?
Most often traded hard assets retain a database; real estate, coins, precious stones like diamonds, stocks, etc.. It is up to the buyer and/or appraiser to detect and eliminate sales that are considered anomalies and use only "arms length", market value, comparable, sales. No system is infallible, but it works.
After reading some of the posts resisting a database I think I figured out what I'm missing and why anyone would object to such a system. Having documented sales and tax liability...:eek:
 
Every seller should except returns in there listings then they have to take it back if the buyer is not happy with it and if they don’t cut him loose from here.

Good idea, but it doesn't solve the problem. A common ploy (not just in cue selling) is to do something like what Ideologist describes (claiming a bad shaft is original to the cue) and then when the buyer complains, say "Oh, I'm sorry - here's your refund." The problem with that is that many buyers won't notice and won't complain. In those instances the seller makes some extra bucks, but since he happily gives returns to those who catch him in his scam, he always has perfect feedback. If he gets away with it 9 out of 10 times, he's making a decent profit and everyone is happy, even those who got quick refunds. There is no way that I am aware of to beat such a selling strategy.
 
Agreed. Most the times I have found when people want to know the sell price, is they might have something similar they want to sell, so they know where the market is at, so they don't offer below market, per se.

JV

Generally cue sales are private transactions and the idea of collecting accurate pricing information on private sales is not a good one. Some buyers of higher priced cues do not want anyone to know what they paid or even that they purchased a cue in the first place. That's just my take on it. It's always a buyer beware situation. I try to deal only with people that are known and have a good reputation for most things I purchase.
 
Good idea, but it doesn't solve the problem. A common ploy (not just in cue selling) is to do something like what Ideologist describes (claiming a bad shaft is original to the cue) and then when the buyer complains, say "Oh, I'm sorry - here's your refund." The problem with that is that many buyers won't notice and won't complain. In those instances the seller makes some extra bucks, but since he happily gives returns to those who catch him in his scam, he always has perfect feedback. If he gets away with it 9 out of 10 times, he's making a decent profit and everyone is happy, even those who got quick refunds. There is no way that I am aware of to beat such a selling strategy.

All of their feedback is questionable with me I’ve never seen so many happy buyers anywhere like here People here are afraid to get backlash so they give a positive and swallow it and move on But if the seller doesn’t put a returns accepted on the sale he will have everyone on his side if you want to return it

Here’s a TIP from my bad experience here if you have bad feelings about buying from someone go with your feelings I had 4-5 people said a seller was a great guy and they bought off him before well I went with what they said and got a warped nose southwest cue that had a refinish that wasn’t mentioned the buying page didn’t have a returns policy on it so some sided with the seller because he listed it without accepting returns $2500 and after I left a negative on him this stupid place allows a seller to leave back a negative on me What is wrong here when a buyer sends the money and gets a negative Really AZ what is wrong with you idiots you can’t let that to continue ebay doesn’t let sellers do that you send payment how do you explain a negative a$$holes

Always take snapshots of the sellers page you might need it later on
 
I can give you a lot of reasons why a buyer could earn neg. feedback, because I have had a sh*t ton of experience with guys who regardless of how accurate your description is, regardless of you posted return policy, they think "everything" is negotiable.

There are some buyers, that I just assume cut myself and submerge the cut in a lemon / salt / battery acid mixture because it would be more pleasant.

JV

All of their feedback is questionable with me I’ve never seen so many happy buyers anywhere like here People here are afraid to get backlash so they give a positive and swallow it and move on But if the seller doesn’t put a returns accepted on the sale he will have everyone on his side if you want to return it

Here’s a TIP from my bad experience here if you have bad feelings about buying from someone go with your feelings I had 4-5 people said a seller was a great guy and they bought off him before well I went with what they said and got a warped nose southwest cue that had a refinish that wasn’t mentioned the buying page didn’t have a returns policy on it so some sided with the seller because he listed it without accepting returns $2500 and after I left a negative on him this stupid place allows a seller to leave back a negative on me What is wrong here when a buyer sends the money and gets a negative Really AZ what is wrong with you idiots you can’t let that to continue ebay doesn’t let sellers do that you send payment how do you explain a negative a$$holes

Always take snapshots of the sellers page you might need it later on
 
Best way to buy a cue is just go to a billiard show where all the dealers go to sell cues and only buy one that you try and buy right then and their hell they’ll take your money and stiff you also I’ve read so many that took money and never deliver “Trust No One”
 
I can give you a lot of reasons why a buyer could earn neg. feedback, because I have had a sh*t ton of experience with guys who regardless of how accurate your description is, regardless of you posted return policy, they think "everything" is negotiable.

There are some buyers, that I just assume cut myself and submerge the cut in a lemon / salt / battery acid mixture because it would be more pleasant.

JV

I sent money didn’t get a return on the cue I had to swallow the lost and chalk it up as a bad experience No need to be slapped twice in one sale,

And I’ll say it again Joe ebay doesn’t allow sellers to leave anything but a positive for buyers because you sent the money


That’s why I would recommend never buy from any online site first you don’t know what the cues feel like could be front heavy or back heavy shitty hit maybe you never know it’s all buying blinded
 
I can give you a lot of reasons why a buyer could earn neg. feedback, because I have had a sh*t ton of experience with guys who regardless of how accurate your description is, regardless of you posted return policy, they think "everything" is negotiable.

There are some buyers, that I just assume cut myself and submerge the cut in a lemon / salt / battery acid mixture because it would be more pleasant.

JV

The problem I find with selling (anything) is that you can't say anything negative about a buyer or you look like a whiner and it scares off potential customers. If you are unlucky enough to have two bad customers within a short period, you've got to keep your mouth shut about the second one.

BTW - It's easier to just cut up a fresh habanero and then go take a leak.
 
Most often traded hard assets retain a database; real estate, coins, precious stones like diamonds, stocks, etc.. It is up to the buyer and/or appraiser to detect and eliminate sales that are considered anomalies and use only "arms length", market value, comparable, sales. No system is infallible, but it works.

None of those are usually owned by pool players that lose their bank roll and need cash to cover the house payment without telling their wives.
 
Originally Posted by jimmyg View Post
Most often traded hard assets retain a database; real estate, coins, precious stones like diamonds, stocks, etc.. It is up to the buyer and/or appraiser to detect and eliminate sales that are considered anomalies and use only "arms length", market value, comparable, sales. No system is infallible, but it works.

None of those are usually owned by pool players that lose their bank roll and need cash to cover the house payment without telling their wives.

Don't wish to belabor the point, but, there are fire sales everywhere and with everyone. People sell everything they can get their hands on when they get margin called, including all of the above mentioned assets. Check the pawn shops, you'll find them all...many from gamblers of all types.

Point is, the data base works to everyone's benefit.

I'm out.
 
Don't wish to belabor the point, but, there are fire sales everywhere and with everyone. People sell everything they can get their hands on when they get margin called, including all of the above mentioned assets. Check the pawn shops, you'll find them all...many from gamblers of all types.

Point is, the data base works to everyone's benefit.

I'm out.

At least in my hood, pawn shops have tightened up with all but top na,email cueso and they know what they're worth now and are Internet bound. Deals????
 
My suggestion is only deal with folks like me who offer 100% money back (less shipping if you are not satisfied)

I have sold 100's of cues and only had a couple come back.

Ken
 
I get it fully... I personally have driven 1/2 way on a couple of transactions, 8hrs plus, just because I prefer someone try it out, we can talk.. enjoy some coffee.. and do everything in person.

Its a shame its become such a mine field...

JV

I sent money didn’t get a return on the cue I had to swallow the lost and chalk it up as a bad experience No need to be slapped twice in one sale,

And I’ll say it again Joe ebay doesn’t allow sellers to leave anything but a positive for buyers because you sent the money


That’s why I would recommend never buy from any online site first you don’t know what the cues feel like could be front heavy or back heavy shitty hit maybe you never know it’s all buying blinded
 
Believe 1/2 of what you see and nothing of what you hear.
Unless my hands are on it I am not giving a penny to anyone.
They all hit a ton and are real players, ohhhhh that's a big cue.

I have hit with Bushkas that were awesome, for firewood.
And I have hit with so called Bushkas that had a L.O.A.
You could still smell the wood burning fresh off the lathe, big bucks for a knockoff.

There is good and bad in everything, choose wisely.
 
Back
Top