Displaying Today's Visitors on forum Index

FairladyZ

The Boss Stooge
Staff member
Moderator
Gold Member
Silver Member
This to the owners/administrators, as I didn't see a site suggestions area...

While I love this site, I have to say this 'feature' needs to be disabled....

forum index said:
Total members that have visited the forum today: 2,836

The most members online in one day was 2,959, 02-18-2014.
#Cruncher, $cott72, $natedogg$, $TAKE HOR$E, Ģüśţāṿ, "Q" Protectors, "T", "THE MACHINE", (((Satori))), 00john, 01rkclassic, 08Alaska800, 09TBSS3SS, 0ne9marine, 1 Pocket Ghost, 12squared, 13markb, 14-1StraightMan, 15cherries, 18.2balkline, 1971, 1BallSr8Back, 1holeshortstop, 1minute1pocket, 1on1pooltournys, 1pocket, 1pocketman, 1shot, 223tracer, 23jmjjjones, 280dave, 2andOUT, 2cool2, 2twoball, 2v12, 336, 36th chamber, 3andstop, 3gmx, 3RAILKICK, 3railWill, 4onthebreak, 4pointer, 4scarecrow, 63Kcode, 67tbird, 6silky9, 7forlife, 80splayer, 8BallBrad, 8BALLDELUXE, 8ballEinstein, 8balltex, 8BallWonderland, 9-ball B, 98falstaff, 9BallKing, 9ballrob, 9balltrain, 9Ball_JJ, 9_Ball_King, @peace, A-1 billiards, a.jin88, a1712, a503cx, a9ballbr8k, aadamczyk, Aaron_S, ABall, abs, accustatsfan, Ace927, acedonkeyace, acl1, acnva1, ActionGene, Adam Brown, Adam Tetzlaff, adam96669, AdamantCue, ADAMHADAM, adrianp, aff, afftonbilliards, Agent 99, Agera R, agonzo2212, AHandel77, AHUA, AJC, ajeyap, AK-Stick, akaminski, akronstr8pool, al-capool, aleplace, alexandereyn, AlexandruM, Alf Taylor, alingage1, ALL N, Allen Brown, AllenGreen, allen_jr, All_or_nothing, alojz_ferluga, alphadog, alstl, AlyciaTno, amason101070, Amateur 203, amberamp7, amicenheimer, Amyris01, Andrew Mannt.1977, mohrt, mojo66, MOJOE, MoneyBox, MoNkEyNuTz, mono-eat-mono, Monroe City, monsterdog, Monstermash, Mooneye, morris, mos082, mosconiac, moshi747, mossy2775, mowermarty, Mpeck2892, mr ed5484r, Mr. Bass Man, Mr. Bond, Mr.Sharke, mr.vmax, mr2_serious, mr3cushion, mr5994, mr8ball, mrayntexas, MrBigShot, mrcue, mrcymstr, mristea, mrmagoo42, MrPoolZen, Mrs. Hillbilly, mrshifty, mr_stanley, MSchaffer, MSey00, msquared, Mssdi87, mtd000, MTfish, mtglassguy, muddawg, murryd, mzellmer, M_peterson6, nancewayne, nataddrho, natecue, nateg128, nateschade, nathandumoulin, nb92, ne14tennis, nebrgas, Needing weight, Neens, Neil2two, neilhin, nelson, Netherton, netro, Neurotica, nevermiss, newby, nginear, nichollss, Nick B, nick serdula, nickgeo, nicksaint26, Nicky817Nick, NigelTsao, nightcrowler, NightLife, nightmare, Nikon, Nine ... corner, nineball635, NINEBALLART, NineballBEN, Nineballchamp, nineballsafety8, nineteen, nine_ball6970, NITEHUNTER, niteviewer, NJ_Qball, nme007, Nmk_61802, nobcitypool, NobleOne, Nobody's Horse, NoDirtyHippies, Nola, Noles20, nomb6160, Noodle, Norm Craig, NorthCarolinian, NoShow33, Nostroke, NOT2SHARKLIKE, nplum24, nravindran, nrsnyder, nsafellow, nsainfreek, number13cfan, nycdarkness, nycxpj, obe1, obrien714, octy81, ODEGA, OdessaLum, ohio8ball, ohmike, Ohplayer, OILED, OklaPony, OLD NO 9, oldgame, oldplayer, oldroller, oldschool1478, Oldwestside, Ollie, Omar, one stroke, OneIron, onepktplyr, onepocketdan, Onepocketking1, Onthehill88, OnTheMF, onyxbfly, opiesbro, or1pkt, orangecrush, Orangene, RACKALOT, RackemBilliards, Rackemep, Rackemray, rackemup20, RackRunner, RADAR, Raggedy Andy, Rail banger, railbird25, Rain-Man, ralphe, RAMIII, RamRyder, randallt6, RandyD, randyg, randytabares, rangerdos001, ratcues, ratnip, Ratta, RayBell, rayjay, rayme, Raymond Sim, raziel, Razor37, rbrtjs3, rburgoyne, rcarlh, rcascio, rch, RDaniel13, rdmartin72, rdwell, real bartram, Realizm, realkingcobra, rebelchris, rebop, RED LITE, Red Shoes, red stevens, redbrushhustler, Reddof, Redneck Jim, RedRockRob, redsvan, rellek, rendisadli, rene, renegadej, renzo614, resurrecta, Revision, rexus31, rezin8, RFranklin, rhatten, Rhea, Rhino, rhinobywilhite, rhncue, rhody, rhontz914, Rich Irving, rich337, Richardson, richiebalto, Rick S., rick9005, RickC, rickwen186, ridendirty, Ridethecheese, ridewiththewind, ridinda9, riding9, riedmich, Riggers, rikdee, Ringerrig32, RioSevario, rivercitysledge, Rivhardo, rj64, rjb1168, rjbigfish, Rjmoncrief, rlw, rlw104, rmw, Road Warrior, RoadHustler, Roadking, rob245, rob8ball123, Robert58, RobertaAgnor, roberthans, robertno1pool, RobinBurd, RobMan, robsnotes4u, rod in atl, rodcar, rogedjohn, Roger Long, rolagator, rolfer, RollerRider, ron3, RonFaithf, ronlw34, RonnieOSullivan, RonsTheOne, rookiepsu, rope_one, Rosco, RoseannaF, rounder182, row21097, Roy Vadas, Rpm, rrcoolcues, rrich1, RSalerno, RSCA HOOLIGAN, RShellhouse, rsmith43, rsmith_1972, RT2, rtbbf, Rtoron, rubell, Rudy likes poll, ruefl3, RuffX19, rugerfan, Run Of One, runall8, RunEmOut08, RunOut Apps, runout1961, rush72, Russell Cues, RussPrince, rw843, RWOJO, rwwsr72, ryanshea, RyanTheImpaler, Rybord, s1pham, Sabo, sac14214, SachaCH, SacRackem, saint1, SakuJack, Salamander, salesmonster1, Samantha820643, Samdech, samharli, samsarakid24, SandFox, sannek, sano, Sapphire Ray, Sarnia Shorty, satpas, Saturated Fats, SC02GTP, Scaramouche, scarygary, scdiveteam, Scherf, schitzngigglz, schraceo, SchuettS, Schwinn, sciarco, scissorhands, SCollie, scooter_banks, Scott Lee, scott1313, scott52058, scottjen26, ScottK, ScottR, Scottyboy716, ScottyDzntKnow, scottyr44, Scratch, Scratchy, Scratch~, screamingelvis, scrutch, scsuxci, sdbilliards, seaglass505, seahorse1877, Sealegs50, SeanChamp, seanjonsean, SeankyKong, sebas, seed1time, SeeR, Serge, Seth C., Sev, seven_7days, sfleinen, sfmc-x1, shadowmoss, Shaky1, shamadam, Shane Jackson, shanesinnott, shankster8, Shannon.spronk, sharond, SharronMI, ShaunR, ShaunTanYK, Shaunte48, shawnjohn1984, shayne87, sheck32, shewmake, Shiki, Shizzy319, shojingod, Shooter08, ShootPool1967, ShoreShot, ShortBusRuss, shortyz, shouse10, showme87, sidepocket2011, Sieben, sievers, sigep1967, sightline, SignManiac, SiGpOiNtMaN, silvershox, Simon Lau, Simple, SirFitzalot, sirloin, six pak, sizl, sjb, sjm300, SJpilot, sk8ordie, skankhammer, skierlawyer, skins, skip2134, skip56, skipthorp, Skratch, skully13, SKUNKBOY, SkyscraperChris, sl8r, slach, slctitan6, Slickstick9, Slide Rule, slide13, Slider, SLIM, Slim Limpy, slippy, sliprock, SLITTLE, SLNegative9, SloMoHolic, slong115, slop stroke, slow 1430, Slow Eddie, sluan, sluggerknuckles, smartguy, SMG, Smoke, smokeandapancak, Smokey Ramone, smokey777, smokeymn, smokinkinds, Smooth, SmoothStroke, snap, SnapdaNine, snookerbum, Snookered, snookerncards@y, snuuker, SNY, Sofla, Solothedon, somms69, songegggt, sonny1229, sonny_burnett, sonofthunder, sorbetboy, Sotheby, Soto, Soulweb, sourhed87, southsideplayer, southwestkid, South_Florida, spanky79, spanky981, SPDR9, Speakeasy, speedi, SpeedyPete84, SpiderJerusalem, SpiderWebComm, spktur, spliced, Sport666, sportvideos, Sporty, spotrec777, sprben83, spv_hanford28, SQB, Squigz, SSach, ssnow327, SSS, Standbykid, stanley rupard, stanthebanker, staypuff578, stconnelly, stefunny823, Steppo, Steve Dickey, Steve Logan, SteveC, SteveCG, steveharn, steveinflorida, stevekur1, stevel, steven.wang, STICKBNDER, stickman161, stiqs, stix_n_stones, Stl5ltr, stljohnny, stojo_1974, Stone Cold, StonedCEO, Stones, storke, Str8 Shots, str8shooter, str8shot, Strabman64, stracht, StraightPoolIU, Straightpool_99, stratshutr, Strict9, StrokeofLuck, strokin'myshaft, Stroking, StuartTKelley, stutz, suckershot, suharsh, sullyjm@aol.com, sun002, super195v, supercoupe5, Supersam1914, Supralative, suprnva, surfmist, svking, SWANIE, Swervin88, swest, swingit, Swiss9ball, SwissChris, swwalsh, sydbarret, sytesounds, T-dog, t6m6s2t6, TabithaMi, taimedowne, TakeAflyer, takeitdown, TannerPruess, taozhong, TAPS OUTLAW, Tarheel, TASK, tatcat2000, TATE, tatqoo, tattoo, taylor45205, taylward, tbayplayer, Tberks, TBON21, tbone1213, tbos33, TC1, TC9Ball, Tclark5, td873, Tecknow, TelcoMan, Tennesseejoe, Terrence, Terry Ardeno, Terry@roachcues, terryhanna, terryxviet, TexanZ06, texasguy4, tfw314, THaney, The Aviator, the chicken, The Clever Set, the diesel, The Hulk, The Kiss, The Milk Man, THE MONTREALER, The Piper, The Renfro, The Saw, The Verbalist, The8reader, theant, thebaby, thebark, thebigdog, thebighurt, Thecoats, thediamond, TheDragon, THEDYLAN, thefonz, thehammer37, thehgotaproblem, thehoneybadger, TheHulk, TheJCat54, thekaiserman, thelmstetter, TheLoneSilencer, TheMadScientist, TheMarsMan, TheNewSharkster, theoneandonly, TheOneGnat, thepavlos, Thepip, ThePoolAddict, ThePoolScene, theshocker, TheTalentASP, TheTrooper, theUBC, thewhiffer, the_guy, The_Rookie, Thomas Wayne, thomas63534, thrash attack, Three.Two.N.D., thubosky, Thunderball, Tickets, Tiddler, Tiff, tigerwds, Tikkitavi, Tim, tim913, TimKrazyMon, timothysoong, TimSmith, tinh339, tinman467, Titleist, Tittyhooked, tjohnson, tjseabolt, TK 6, tk123456789, TK2012, TKS PIZZA, tlayne, tlingit, TNKen, tnplayer, toddgator, Tokyo-dave, Tom In Cincy, tom mcgonagle, tom-o, tom1995, tom392, tomgearhart, TomHay, Tommy gee, Tommy-D, tommyceilings, tommygunn78, TommyT, TomWadsworth, toneyg73, tonmo, Tony Longoni, tony57, Tony84B, tonyboy59, TONYJR, Tony_in_MD, Tooler, ToomnyQs, toshwada, totti.chen21, toytonic, tproctor, Trade?WYG?, Train1077, transplant, Trav D, Travis Niklich, Treadway Cues, treed, TrenaKane, Treyf123, trichard, trinacria, tripdaddy0801, tristan873, tritoncues1, Tro, trob, troro, troyobrien, tryin2playagain, TR_Frank, tucson9ball, tuffstuff07, TUGKimber, tulipplayer, Turbo Ghost, Tutorial_Island, twal, Twice, TWOFORPOOL, TwoRailDave, twoslo4me, Txstang1, tybo22, tykcarp57, Type79, UD Flyer, Uepsilon, ugafan, ugotactionTX, ugothe8, Uncletony, Underclocked, underthegun, UPlayLucky, UpMySleeves, UrbanLegend, usendme, Utah, utdl12, vakosel, Val, vampyrie, vasilios, Vegas Al, vegasralph, venison-slayer, verri, verwirre, victorl, Viking7215, Vincent, Vinnie, vinniebabarooch, vinnyfromparis, vinnytattoo, vinsent29, virtual9ball, Vlr, voiceofreason, VonRhett, vrob, vrrdriver, w0409@aol.com, wadds, wade, Wags, walkertactical, walkingcougar, WallaceDi, walleyekidd, Wally83, wanman34, wannabehustla, wannabme, warfdiesel, Warrior108, warriorpoet62, watson, wayne, waynewrc, wayne_ward, Webbs Billiards, Wedge, wendyb, Wes Moran, West Point 1987, westcoast, WestPenn, WGJTrisha, whammo57, whitey, Whitey McQ, Whodini, wild8bill9, wildcardco, wildimage, wildwilly, WildWing, wilichichi, wilkamania, William, Williebetmore, wimzkall, winners07, Winston846, wjdsnipes, Wolf, wolflily84, WolfSpirit, woodard13, woodsr83, WoodyMPW, Woofresh, worktheknight, Wortguy, wrickyb, Wright Shot, wrldpro, wtfrudoing, WuClan, wutang, wvroadplayer, x Wild Bill x, x3dnd3x, xander2882, xceed831, Xenon256, xianmacx, xmpx, Xnotedgeanymore, xplor, xXGEARXx, xxxbilliards, yahosh, yally, yankee817299, YBA, yesyura, ykndoit, Yliana, ynotshoot, yobagua, yoshiki, Young William, yumeul, yuri_b17, Z.X, zeeblebrox01, Zeek, Zhero, zig, ziggystardust, zilquest, Zimms, Zirroe, Zkid09, zrx replica

I actually had to shorten the list by more than half, as it exceeded the post limits....that should speak volumes.

That is HUGE and very annoying to look at.....not to mention the SQL querries involved in creating the list (it's HELL on the server). I strongly suggest you turn that off.....as its really unimportant information, very cluttering of the forum index, hell on the server, and not really anyone's business.....
 
This to the owners/administrators, as I didn't see a site suggestions area...

While I love this site, I have to say this 'feature' needs to be disabled....



I actually had to shorten the list by more than half, as it exceeded the post limits....that should speak volumes.

That is HUGE and very annoying to look at.....not to mention the SQL querries involved in creating the list (it's HELL on the server). I strongly suggest you turn that off.....as its really unimportant information, very cluttering of the forum index, hell on the server, and not really anyone's business.....

You can set yourself on invisible if you're so concerned about your anonymous whereabouts.

Also, you're a guest in someone else's house. I'm sure if Mike wanted your opinion he would've asked.
 
You can set yourself on invisible if you're so concerned about your anonymous whereabouts.

Also, you're a guest in someone else's house. I'm sure if Mike wanted your opinion he would've asked.
I can care less about my anonymity.....but still just sayin'....get a grip man.

The significance is more server load and appearance. As for my opinion, I paid for a gold membership, I will voice my opinion if I please....and beyond that, this is still America. Whether the powers that be want to heed it, that's their business....but get off your high horse in that I am not able to voice an opinion or make a suggestion.
 
This to the owners/administrators, as I didn't see a site suggestions area...

While I love this site, I have to say this 'feature' needs to be disabled....



I actually had to shorten the list by more than half, as it exceeded the post limits....that should speak volumes.

That is HUGE and very annoying to look at.....not to mention the SQL querries involved in creating the list (it's HELL on the server). I strongly suggest you turn that off.....as its really unimportant information, very cluttering of the forum index, hell on the server, and not really anyone's business.....

On each section of this forum, there is a yellow dropdown window button. I have tried to highlight it for you with the red arrow. If you click that yellow dropdown window button, the entire TOTAL MEMBERS THAT HAVE VISITED THE FORUM TODAY section will minimize, and you don't have to ever see it again. ;)

It looks like a yellow square with a black triangle in it. Can you see it to the left of the red arrow? Each section on this forum has that, which is convenient if you don't want to see certain sections. I am pretty sure you will like this feature if you have not discovered it yet.

You can also maximize it by hitting the same yellow dropdown window button, if you like, too. :)

HTH!
 

Attachments

  • diagram.jpg
    diagram.jpg
    105.5 KB · Views: 384
Out of all the things you could ***** about on AZ you had to pick that one?
I never look at that page and it has nothing to do with the content in each forum.
That page also has little to do with the "clutter" and I doubt that it is "hell" on the server.
 
If it takes up a huge amount of server space...he's right to get rid of it. Johnnyt
 
I appreciate the input, and will consider it.

Mike
Much appreciated. :)
On each section of this forum, there is a yellow dropdown window button. I have tried to highlight it for you with the red arrow. If you click that yellow dropdown window button, the entire TOTAL MEMBERS THAT HAVE VISITED THE FORUM TODAY section will minimize, and you don't have to ever see it again. ;)

It looks like a yellow square with a black triangle in it. Can you see it to the left of the red arrow? Each section on this forum has that, which is convenient if you don't want to see certain sections. I am pretty sure you will like this feature if you have not discovered it yet.

You can also maximize it by hitting the same yellow dropdown window button, if you like, too. :)

HTH!
Way ahead of you. The reason I even brought this up, I reloaded a computer and came here out of normalcy....and there it was (first visit).

Out of all the things you could ***** about on AZ you had to pick that one?
I never look at that page and it has nothing to do with the content in each forum.
That page also has little to do with the "clutter" and I doubt that it is "hell" on the server.
Then you apparently know very little about database servers. Everytime the page loads, that monster list has to be recreated in SQL (even if it is minimized on the client end)....EVERY TIME! With a list that large, it will hog CPU power and also a lot of undue strain on disks. It's fine for a smaller/less busy board, but for a site this busy, its just a disaster.

:embarrassed2:Can't we all just get along
I have to agree. I also find it amusing how whiny and offended some get over a simple suggestion. Its not like I came in here demanding anything.....just an suggestion. Way to go whiners! *golf clap*
 
Last edited:
Back
Top