Do Nick Varner or Buddy Hall teach?

JMuck

Silver Member
If they are currently active can anyone provide contact information or their location.I've been looking at their distribution outlets,there information seems sale focused.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Jerry Forsyth

Email me with your phone number (jerry@azbilliards.com). I will call Nick and give him your number. Yes, he does give lessons. And they are great.

JMuck

Silver Member
Great

Email me with your phone number (jerry@azbilliards.com). I will call Nick and give him your number. Yes, he does give lessons. And they are great.

Thank you Jerry I"ll povide my info Sunday somtime.Thank You.

SK Custom Cues

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If they are currently active can anyone provide contact information or their location.I've been looking at their distribution outlets,there information seems sale focused.Any help would be appreciated.Thanks

Buddy Hall teaches the boot scootin boogie from your pocket to his. PM sent.

DeepBanks

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Get the DVD . . .

Here is buddy halls web site for tips and videos and his contact info http://www.buddyhall.com/

"How Do I Win From Here?"

Probably taught me more in a short time than anything.

Buddy, IMO, was the best 9-baller ever . . . he and Wimpy KNEW pool and could play under pressure for the cheese. I got to see him play a couple of times and still wish I could control the cue ball even half as good as he could . . . simply amazing.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member

Buddy most certainly does teach. PM me with your telephone number and I will send it to Buddy Hall.

You already have Nick's info.

JoeyA

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buddy Hall plays in the pool hall here in Paducah. I have been told he still gives lessons.

He also will play "cheap" sets or one pocket which is pretty good too.

PM me if I can help.

Ken

misterpoole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He also will play "cheap" sets or one pocket which is pretty good too.

Ken
Whats the difference in just watching him and playing 'cheap sets'. Buddy is not going to tell you what you should have done when you lose the dough to him.

Also, the best players dont always make the best teachers. Thats a general statement, it has nothing to do with Nick and Buddy's teaching abilities. I haven't had lessons with either of them, but I have played cheap sets with Buddy.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Whats the difference in just watching him and playing 'cheap sets'. Buddy is not going to tell you what you should have done when you lose the dough to him.

Also, the best players dont always make the best teachers. Thats a general statement, it has nothing to do with Nick and Buddy's teaching abilities. I haven't had lessons with either of them, but I have played cheap sets with Buddy.

No but if you watch what he does, you will learn what to do as well.
Buddy is a good guy and if he sees that you don't mind donating to the cause he will help you with your game pro bono. (I know).

There is a big difference between watching and playing.

JoeyA

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have seen Buddy help people while gambling cheap. Hell, I have seen him help when asked and he didnt have a dog in the hunt.

There are probably better teachers, but IMO playing cheap and keeping your head in the game you will learn alot if your mind allows it.

I heard Nick will play cheap too.

Ken

Rubyron

R.I.P. Smorgass Bored
Silver Member

Nick Varner and Johnny Archer will be giving "exhibitions and pool school clinics nationwide" with their new Hall of Fame Pool Tour according to this press release.

1on1pooltournys

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard Nick will play cheap too.

You got that right. The man plays the same for 5 dollars as he does for 5,000. He also is willing to help his opponent if they ask him. I have said it time and time again, many people use the excuse that they can't learn anything while playing a good player cheap, but they fail to mention they never ask a question. Just like the real world works, one must be ambitious and ask questions when they seek wisdom from another person. I know I do not just go around telling every single person what they are doing wrong, but if a weaker player asks something then they usually get an answer. This is the same way most top pros operate.

You never know if you don't ask, and it doesn't hurt to ask questions.