Do you know anyone that was buried with their cue?

triley41395

You'll shoot your eye out
Silver Member
I'm starting to prepare for life-changing move and so was trying to figure out which cues I want to keep or sell but there's one I'm thinking about being buried with and it made me think: do you know of anyone who was buried with a cue?

I've heard of a few being buried with cues but don't personally know anyone.
I think at this point in my life I'd like to be buried with my Schon my Beretta and my dads pocket knife but my wife has made it pretty clear if I go first she's selling all my "JUNK".

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
seen it many a time

I've heard of a few being buried with cues but don't personally know anyone.
I think at this point in my life I'd like to be buried with my Schon my Beretta and my dads pocket knife but my wife has made it pretty clear if I go first she's selling all my "JUNK".

People hoard "treasures" for their children. The children have a big garage sale selling the stuff for a few pennies on the dollar and the rest is thrown away. One or two items kept.

Of course there is the other thing I have read, "Please Lord, don't let my wife sell my stuff for what I said I paid for it!"

Hu

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I heard Jack Colavita was buried with his Richard Black.
Also Melvin Strawberry Brooks was buried with his Black Boar.

Are you sure about Colativa's Richard Black buried with him?

The reason I ask is, I recall it being on Ebay for sale, years ago.

If it was buried with him, the family would have had to get it back, somehow, before his burial.

All the best,
WW

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Are you sure about Colativa's Richard Black buried with him?

The reason I ask is, I recall it being on Ebay for sale, years ago.

If it was buried with him, the family would have had to get it back, somehow, before his burial.

All the best,
WW

I heard he had a couple of Richards cues. I’m not 100% though.

WildWing

Super Gun Mod
Silver Member
I heard he had a couple of Richards cues. I’m not 100% though.

Here's Jack's Richard Black cue that I recall him playing with in the late 1980's, for example 1989 against Ray Martin in the U.S. Open Straight pool tournament, won by Oliver Ortmann. I assume the cue was sold in 2003. Jack Colavita died in 2005. If he was buried with a Richard Black, it doesn't look like it was this one.

All the best,
WW

Attachments

• Colavita Cue 1.jpg
    Colavita Cue 1.jpg
    200.1 KB · Views: 86
  • Colavita Cue 2.jpg
    Colavita Cue 2.jpg
    157.8 KB · Views: 83
  • Colavita Cue 3.jpg
    Colavita Cue 3.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 84
  • Colavita Cue 4.jpg
    Colavita Cue 4.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 90

jimmyg

Mook! What's a Mook?
Silver Member
I hate to disrupt your thoughts on a final happy resting. But what makes you think that when the lid gets closed your Balabushka, Rolex, diamond pinky ring, etc. will still be there?

I worked with a mortician once. Just sayin'

Absolutely...if the building super, police, EMS, morgue, or ME doesn't get them first.

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
Funny, but true. When Bob Hope was laying on his death bed (at 100 years old), his wife asked him if he preferred to be buried at Forest Lawn or Mt. Sinai cemetery? His answer, "Surprise me!"

Korsakoff

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I won’t have anything buried with me because my choice is cremation.

Rodger loved the Stables. He had his own, designated bar stool. He died and they buried his barstool with him. Somewhere, I have a picture of Frig lowering the stool into the grave. To each his own.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard a story recently by one of the commentators on an older AccuStats video about someone getting buried with their cue and a cue ball, one of the pool players in attendance looked in the coffin and commented "where is the chalk?". Don't remember who told the story or who the player was though.