• No

Votes: 37 25.9%
  • BasementDweller is an idiot!

Votes: 3 2.1%

• Total voters

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Simple poll. I'm just curious how many of you play on bar tables.

The question is: Do you play any meaningful pool on bar tables? This excludes the odd game here and there at the bar. In other words, do you play league, gamble, or play the occasional tournament on bar tables.

Gerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
first!

nah, never really play on bar tables....pretty much a 3C guy now...

G.

rellek

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mostly play at home on my 8-ft pro brunswick, but I also play league on bar tables. I enjoy playing on pretty much any table.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Nope. Pretty much all 9-footers around here, we're the odd scenario of APA being played on 9's...

There isn't a 7-footer in this city, to my knowledge. There are two places, 30 miles way, that each have one 7-footer. It's a rare bird 'round here

slide13

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We see more 7 footers than 9 footers around here, but I spend my time at a small place that has eight 9 footers and only one 7 upstairs that is rarely used, so I rarely play on the 7 footers.

gxman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe if it was a diamond bb, I would consider spending time on it. My 1st choice is the 9ft(2 avail) then 8ft(about 15). The 2 7ft at my hall is in terrible shape.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Before I joined a league that played on bar tables this past couple of years, I spent over 20 years playing pool and have only played on a bar table in those 20 years 3-4 times. Most of them are so bad to play on, I'd rather just watch and amuse myself with the rules the players explain to each other. "It's not a table scratch if you hit 3 banks" "You can move the cueball off the rail but not more than the butt of the cue" "the bridge is for sissies". Fun stuff.

Dockter

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We only have 1 bowling center around here that has 2 9ft Brunswicks and 1 snooker table. Other than that it's only barbox around here now unless there is somewhere I don't know about.

tjshaw02

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
would like to play exclusively on 9ft, but league and tournaments around my area are all on 7ft... so barbox it is...

Str8PoolPlayer

“1966 500 SuperFast”
Silver Member
Yes ... Sadly, our local 8-Ball League is played exclusively on Bar Tables ( mostly 4x8's).
32 weeks of bad, worse, & horrendous tables (except for a couple at the Bowling Alley).
Many still have the Mud Ball, so we bring our own Red Circle and they unlock the table.

Atlatlien

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll play on any table. My main bar around here though doesn't have bar boxes, they have three 8' Gandy furniture tables. APA travels around the area and mainly plays on 8' Olhausens commercial tables. I'd prefer bar boxes to the Olhausens, the bar boxes don't spit the ball out as much.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Play almost exclusively on 9 footers however have been playing on 7 foot diamonds on Sunday getting ready for the Expo. Playing in a 9 ball tournament tomorrow on 7 foot diamonds though. 32 man field on 4 diamonds. Hope I have a long day.

BmoreMoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nope. Pretty much all 9-footers around here, we're the odd scenario of APA being played on 9's...

There isn't a 7-footer in this city, to my knowledge. There are two places, 30 miles way, that each have one 7-footer. It's a rare bird 'round here

OMG, league night must take FOOOOEVVVVA!

Baxter

Out To Win
Silver Member
I wish there was a "sometimes" option. I play mostly on 9 footers, but bar box 9 ball is one of my favorite games to gamble with, especially a ring game. No real ducking, just running out from everywhere!

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
10 footer at home mostly, the bar down the street has 4 (sometimes 6) bb's that I'll get drunk and play on, or is it play on and get drunk? Whatever. 9'ers when I'm in your town (campus Q).
You coming to the Expo?

Just noticed the 3rd option, can I change my vote? :)

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
10 footer at home mostly, the bar down the street has 4 (sometimes 6) bb's that I'll get drunk and play on, or is it play on and get drunk? Whatever. 9'ers when I'm in your town (campus Q).
You coming to the Expo?

Just noticed the 3rd option, can I change my vote? :)

No Expo for me....maybe some day.

Figured I'd get more votes on the 3rd option. So far only 2. That's not so bad. :thumbup:

DogsPlayingPool

"What's in your wallet?"
Silver Member
Nope. Don't hang out in bars. Have a 9' table at home and my BCAPL league and APA masters league are both played on the big track. Haven't played in league nationals but obviously if I did, that would be on the bar box.

Last edited: