Does anyone have any hickory burl???

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I'm looking for some, would like a stable piece. I'm having a little trouble finding some.

Thanks,

Justin

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Any one know a good source? I've tried like 10-12 suppliers with no luck!!! :angry::angry::angry:

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
I was really hoping to not see responses like this... :sorry:

O well, my search will continue.

LGSM3

Jake<built cues for fun
Silver Member
good luck.....this is likely the hardest wood to find on the planet and the one guy who has it is not influenced by money. You may have better luck leasing a property with a bunch of hickory trees!

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
good luck.....this is likely the hardest wood to find on the planet and the one guy who has it is not influenced by money. You may have better luck leasing a property with a bunch of hickory trees!

Believe it or not, I have a friend with some hickory on his land. I better tell him to get out the binoculars and 4 wheeler. I literally can't find this stuff anywhere.

I think even if I could, I'd pry just keep for myself...

Thanks for the info guys.

jlrowe

Billiards,Boxing & Babes
Silver Member
Check with Hearne Hardwoods 1 - (888) 814 - 0007. They have some beautiful exotics burls but not sure on the spalted hickory burl.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I PMed you a link to some.
I did not post the link, because the supply was very limited.

jhanso18

Broken Lock
Silver Member
Still no dice yet. but thanks for all the help. We might go with something else if I can't find it.

xpatcan1

xpatcanuck@hotmail.com
Silver Member

iv seen hickory burl used in bowl making, if I find the links I will post them.
Been trying to find quilted cocobolo for years and years this stuff just doesn't exist!

Attachments

• 13738_notesL.jpg
    13738_notesL.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 385

meridianblades

BIG SHILL
Silver Member
Had some, but it went to out to another cuemaker already .... If I run across some more I will keep you in mind. -L

p20u7D3.jpg

5ueGuC2.jpg

Last edited:

FLYINGSNAIL

Koo Cues
Silver Member
Is this what you looking for?????

It belong to one of the AZ member / "wood hoarder" and I help post pics.:grin:

mmexport1373758291868.jpg
mmexport1373758336092.jpg

Jive

Professional Racker
Silver Member
i'll give stupid money for that....try me!

Haha trust me you already know the silly owner of those 4 pieces very well.
He's a broke a$$ cue collector who needs cash...toss him a dollar and the wood is yours to keep :D Oh and a couple of spots for your cues as well!~

stevel

Lomax Custom Cues
Silver Member
Hickory Burl for Anniversary Set

Gonna start my 3 cue Matching Anniversary set,playing cue,break cue and jump cue with these after Vegas.