Does One Pocket ?

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Bet on a banger? ….. only if the stronger is drunk and giving the 8 to luck in 9b

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why ask questions you know the answer to?

It is a character flaw of mine:: certain words are abused enough that they need correction; not just in the mind of the originator, but to those who allow such misuse to persist.

When someone uses the every (or all, or never) word that only covers 90% of the subject mater--the word every (or all, or never) is the inappropriate choice of word. The proper choice might be "vast majority" (or most; but most is generally trying to indicate 60%-80%). Every (or All, or never) need to be only used in contexts where the percentage is 99% or better.

The break in every game other than 1-P (and 14:1 continuous) is vastly more than 1% of the game. In 9-ball it might be as much as 30%.

Exponential is another word that is seldom used to represent what it is defined to mean.
Someone might say:: 'x' is exponentially harder than 'y'; when in fact 'x' is only quadratically (or cubically) harder than 'y'; cubically is massively easier than exponential. {news people are very bad on this word.}

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It is a character flaw of mine:: certain words are abused enough that they need correction; not just in the mind of the originator, but to those who allow such misuse to persist.

When someone uses the every (or all, or never) word that only covers 90% of the subject mater--the word every (or all, or never) is the inappropriate choice of word. The proper choice might be "vast majority" (or most; but most is generally trying to indicate 60%-80%). Every (or All, or never) need to be only used in contexts where the percentage is 99% or better.

The break in every game other than 1-P (and 14:1 continuous) is vastly more than 1% of the game. In 9-ball it might be as much as 30%.

Exponential is another word that is seldom used to represent what it is defined to mean.
Someone might say:: 'x' is exponentially harder than 'y'; when in fact 'x' is only quadratically (or cubically) harder than 'y'; cubically is massively easier than exponential. {news people are very bad on this word.}
I admire your critical thinking process. I’m capable of that as well. I just don’t choose to use precise language here. However you are absolutely correct. That is a very good post. My highest respect.

Best
Eric😃😃🙏🏼

Reactions: bbb

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member

Well said....aside from that no need to reduce this to the lowest common denominator. You introduced stress to where the is none. Or maybe there is. I'm trying to Break it down. No pun.

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My vocabulary is limited to fk, schmuck and bullshit..... I have repeatedly stated I should have stayed in school.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well said....aside from that no need to reduce this to the lowest common denominator. You introduced stress to where the is none. Or maybe there is. I'm trying to Break it down. No pun.
He’s super smart.

I’m impressed.

I have a new found respect for him with zero doubt. I like smart people.

Best
Fatboy 😃😃

SJpilot

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
One hole has negatively effected my play in other games but only on the shortest of timescales. There's been a few times I just got done playing one pocket all day that we switched to a rotation game and I either lagged a ball that should've fired, or shot position for a corner when there was much easier position for the side. Don't think that carries over to the next day though. At least in my case.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

Guy Manges

Registered
Not offensive on my end. I can handle anyone here. I'm seasoned. I'M FKN MARRIED...who's next...bring it on. Un"Break"able
Questions that we already know the answer to, are a way to guide a response to find out what we are trying to question, I think I need help...

• Wow
Reactions: bbb

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member

Did you swallow a thesaurus? :). Actually, I love posts like this…although you typoed out on ‘matter’ (I used to proof read for a small mag)
I’d like your views on the term GOAT….it aggravates me…how can anybody think in terms of ALL TIME.

hang-the-9

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well even one pocket is "pocket pool". Maybe you were thinking about "NO pocket" 3 Cushion witch does do a bit of messing with a pool stroke and shooting when someone plays that for a while exclusively.

MitchAlsup

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Did you swallow a thesaurus? :). Actually, I love posts like this…although you typoed out on ‘matter’ (I used to proof read for a small mag)
I’d like your views on the term GOAT….it aggravates me…how can anybody think in terms of ALL TIME.

There is a lot of time left in "of All Time", something like 1E79 years, in comparison to the 3E6 years humans have been around, and the 2E2 years pool has been played. But the sun will die in about 1E9 years anyway..........

Guy Manges

Registered

Thankgoodness i don't have all you're educated, I think that I would be afraid of sleep at night... Guy

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
There is a lot of time left in "of All Time", something like 1E79 years, in comparison to the 3E6 years humans have been around, and the 2E2 years pool has been played. But the sun will die in about 1E9 years anyway..........
That’s it…my head just exploded…I’m going back to working on Pi….

bbb

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
could you explain what that means in simple terms to a simple guy?
please
thanks in advance

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Let's start from the beginning ....

GoldCrown

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
My thoughts on your reply