Donation Thread for the 2013 Kamui 14.1 Challenge

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey guys as you know the expo is almost right around the corner and I would like to start up a thread as always to see if you would like to help us to put on this incredible event. We also have some new sponsors as in our new title sponsor KAMUI who is also my personal sponsor so I am doubly proud to have John and the Kamui team on board. Also one of the most prestigious companies in all of billiards SIMONIS will be our new cloth sponsor and we couldn't be happier to answer all of the requests we have had from our players.

First and foremost as I mentioned we are abandoning our old format from the last three years and have been working hard with Holden Chin and our very own Gene Mann two of our good friends and sponsors to come up with something a lot better and will hopefully eliminate the issues we have had in years past.

Secondly there will be a stream. No sponsor, fan, or player will be cheated of this ever again. Simple as that.

Without further ado we want to let everyone know we are looking for whatever we can and you are more than welcome to use paypal or send check etc whatever works for you.

Thanks so much everyone for your support and I look forward to updating this list as much as possible.

1. Kamui - 750.00
2. Simonis - 500.00
3. Gene Mann - 200.00
4. Stu Mattana - 200.00
5. Bob Jewett - 500.00
6. Holden Chin - 300.00
7. Ed Liddawi -
8. Mike Grosso - 25.00
9. Mettalicane - 100.00
10. Rich93 - 100.00
11. Sean Leinen - 200.00
12. Ingo Peter - 100.00
13. Bob Mills - a very generous donation!!
14. Larry Moy - 200.00

Last edited:

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
I know Steve already said it but thanks so much Stu very happy to have you back on board with us.

Unfortunately, I'll be out of town and cannot attend. Send me a private message with the payment details and the address to which I should mail my check.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just putting a bump on this! Hoping everyone had a great time at the derby seeing Max Eberle kick some ass on the 10 footers!!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Let's make this even better!

You saw what Dennis and Bill were able to do in Derby City. Let's make SBE even better. 14.1 aficionados, get those donations in!

jhugo

Registered
More Info?

New around here and like straight pool - would think about donating but how about some information about where, when, etc for new folks? I don't know what the expo is and googling Kamui 14.1 challenge didn't turn up any information - website link etc might really help your cause

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey there the Kamui 14.1 Challenge will be held at the Super Billiards Expo this year in Edison New Jersey. We are an off shoot event that is privately run. The event will run from Wednesday to Saturday with our final matches taking place on Sunday.

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A huge thank you to Mr. Bob Jewett for once again supporting our event. Guys we are trying to finalize plans asap. If anyone else is interested in helping out it would be greatly appreciated!!

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Buck up now, folks!

We all saw what a great event Marop, Dennis et al. put on in Derby City. Bringing the same magic to Edison, NJ depends upon your participation and contributions.

14-1StraightMan

High Run 127
Silver Member
Put me down 25 dollars. It's not much but it all adds up. Charles, pm me on who to make out the check to & where to mail it. I do not have the info from the last time that I had sent it in. Thanks.

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member
Put me down 25 dollars. It's not much but it all adds up. Charles, pm me on who to make out the check to & where to mail it. I do not have the info from the last time that I had sent it in. Thanks.

I Cant thank you enough Mikey, Every little bit helps for sure !!!

And thank you to everyone else that has chipped in to make this eent possible !!!

Thanks so much
-Steve

BayGene

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Money now; rules changes to follow

14.1 fanciers, support the discipline you love. Charles and Steve have been working on changes in challenge rules to answer some of the concerns you've voiced in the past and to make it more exciting for everyone-railbirds and players alike.

Last edited:

stevekur1

The "COMMISH"
Silver Member

Just wanted to throw some updates into the mix, first and foremost I had a good friend of mine named Andrew Inginito who is quite an accomplished Graphic Artist design us a logo which will be used for the plasma displays and for the videos and for promotional uses for the event. What do you guys think ?

Now for the updates.... I Spoke to Holden Chin of RAXX Billiards Bar & Grill, and Ed Liddawi of Sandcastle Billiards and both have said they are on board with us again this year. I am just waiting to hear back from them now as far as there nomination.

I have also spoken with Chad from Diamond Billiard Products, and Diamond will be providing us with the 4.5 x 9 Pro-Ams that will be clothed with Simonis 860 provided to us by Simonis Cloth.

Kent Davis of KD Cues is building us a cue which will be raffled off at the event

Jacoby Cues is Donating a cue to us which will also be raffled off at the event

Once again i would like to that you all for all of your help and very generous donations. without you guys events like this would not be possible.

I'll be setting up a facebook page for the event so we can provide updates, event info, and all sorts of happenings that are going on during the event. I'll add a link here once its all setup as well as send out invites to all of you that are already friends with me over there. be sure to check it out !!!

Cya All There !
-Steve

Last edited:

ForumGhost516

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is phenomenal the new logo looks great and I can't thank Steve and everyone else enough who is making this event happen. We are testing out the new format this weekend and I am looking forward to writing up the rules etc soon and posting them for everyone to see.

robertod

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
When

Sorry for my ignorance but...... when is this happening? I am sure most of you know the date but not all of us are in the know.I did not see a date anywhere. Did I miss it somewhere?