Double Vision....MANZINO

tikkler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Bob just made these matching set for me.......what do
you think?????? sorry for the crummy pics

Steve
Thank you for the opportunity to undertake this project. I chose to call this identical pair "Double Vision" for obvious reasons
but also for the effect on my eyesight. Many of the tiny parts required tweezers for sorting and placement.
The main design element was derived from a Victorian escutcheon. The inlay materials consist of red amboyna
burl, Tahitian black pearl, 22k gold, silver and ebony. The red amboyna handle sections were a good choice on your part as
they contrast nicely with the "white" nose and butt sleeves. The surrounding accents complimenting the the inlay were
accomplished by fine single point engraving. It allows a unique backdrop that would be near impossible to achieve by inlay alone.
Both cues are cored to maintain reasonable weight and balance: 19.4 - 19.5. It seems a long time since conception when you
were in Florida visiting and we first discussed the project. Then the relief after completing the first cue of the set and thinking,
ok...... now do it again. I hope you are pleased with the results and that this special set can compliment your already
phenomenal collection. Thanks for continuing to support our industry.
Bob

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4962.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4956.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4951.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4961.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4950.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4945.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Modified/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4941.JPG

/Users/stevepiesner/Pictures/iPhoto Library/Originals/2014/Nov 29, 2014/IMG_4940.JPG

ddadams

Absolutely love this cue.
Silver Member
I'm sure it's as good as all of Bobs cues are. Pics aren't working right yet, I don't think they were uploaded correctly.

I was going to PM you actually. I was curious if Bob is still taking names at all on his list? I want to get something really special in a few years and there's really only a few guys that can do it.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

vinniebabarooch

Wanna Sell Your Hercek?
Gold Member
Silver Member
Steve,
It's got me seeing "no vision".
Haha, just kidding...
Cant wait to see them.
Good to see you posting again.

ELBeau

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful cues. I particularly like how Bob intertwined the inlays and engraving, making one design element. Thanks for sharing.