Dr Dave not on Youtube anymore?

freds

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Change your password frequently. Use strong Passwords. Use a Password Manager and Enable 2FA on your accounts if possible.
Yes, but more to the point - I'm guessing - be really wary of social engineering. Anyway look, we'll find out soon enough, straight from the horse's mouth:
PS: I will be posting a video soon explaining everything that happened and offering advice for how to not get hacked.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Good for you and your turtle.

The autoship orders save me 12 dollars a month over my local grocer.

It’s not really the savings as much I don’t have a cart full dog food etc when I’m out shopping for your tampons.

although out of line the way you and "Bruce" go back it's between you two, however, the broad brush you paint "old" people with is a mistake

Last edited:

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
although out of line the way you and "Bruce" go back it's between you two, however, the broad brush you paint "old" people with is a mistake
It’s sarcasm. I’m pointing fingers back at the ones acting like a-holes here. The first one who hurled insults at Dave, the second who hurled insults at me for doing it.

Not enough people fire back at these guys. Members like Zerksies seemingly get a free pass to antagonize and then insult people but you want to take issue with me responding to that? You’re being overly sensitive and completely missing the point.

I’m old too.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
It’s sarcasm. I’m pointing fingers back at the ones acting like a-holes here. The first one who hurled insults at Dave, the second who hurled insults at me for doing it.

Not enough people fire back at these guys. Members like Zerksies seemingly get a free pass to antagonize and then insult people but you want to take issue with me responding to that? You’re being overly sensitive and completely missing the point.

I’m old too.

zerksies came across like another tool in this thread, i missed the linkage in your post #61 to him

50 or 60 something isn't old if your health is decent

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member

Here is desk my skin is fairly thick, was not traumatized boy Big Bad Sargent in Military not bring me Hot Milk, Cookies, or reading me story at Bedtime.

My generation has had experence the younger members can only read about, we got our experence first hand.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
zerksies came across like another tool in this thread, i missed the linkage in your post #61 to him

50 or 60 something isn't old if your health is decent
I’m 45. I’m old. I’m not her to argue age. We all peak in different parts of our lives at different ages.

Bishop

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here is desk my skin is fairly thick, was not traumatized boy Big Bad Sargent in Military not bring me Hot Milk, Cookies, or reading me story at Bedtime.

My generation has had experence the younger members can only read about, we got our experence first hand.
Age nothing but desk. Skin thinners with more ages. Some not drinker milk for more intolerant lactose.

Trama more different change for everyone. You trama from other sex. Me trama from incomplete sentence structure.

ribdoner

SATISFACTION GUARANTEED
Silver Member
Age nothing but desk. Skin thinners with more ages. Some not drinker milk for more intolerant lactose.

Trama more different change for everyone. You trama from other sex. Me trama from incomplete sentence structure.
smhwlmao:)

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
As some of you have noticed, my DrDaveBilliards YouTube Channel is finally back up!!! This is a huge relief for me since the Channel is such an integral part of my billiards.colostate.edu website and since it represents a huge amount of work over the last 20 years.

I lost some subscribers and my Channel reputation was tarnished a little in the process. If you want to show some support, please consider subscribing to my channel (and turn on bell notifications) if you aren't a subscriber yet, and please encourage others to do so. Please also view some of my videos and click on the "Like" buttons, and encourage others to do so. All these things will help bring my channel "back to life" in the eyes of the all-knowing "YouTube Algorithm." Good collections of videos to watch can be found here:

Enjoy, and thank you!

PS: I will be posting a video soon explaining everything that happened and offering advice for how to not get hacked.

In case people missed this among all the "clutter," here it is again.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Maybe after everything is settled and stabilized, I will do a video explaining everything that happened. Long story short: the hacker was brilliant and I was stupid.
If you feel you’re stupid, the rest of us need to have suicide prevention on speed dial. 😰

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
If you feel you’re stupid, the rest of us need to have suicide prevention on speed dial. 😰

When you see my video explaining everything that happened (I hope to work on it tomorrow), you can judge my stupidity for yourself.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Thank goodness hopefully the hacker was bit by a Mojave Green Rattlesnake on the private part.🤩

1663108619930.jpeg

Last edited:

Protractor

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not saying this is the cause, but it's something for all of us to keep in mind.

xOibEM4.jpg

Looks like my minimum standard for passwords is good for 3000 years, at least until quantum computing comes to the fore. Cryptologists are currently working on throwing a wrench into that eventuality. Keep in mind that the figures in the table refer to the maximum time it would take...it is quite possible for the cracker to stumble onto it well before that.

Since I have about 50 accounts I use LastPass configured to generate eye charts that include symbols, with a unique password for each account. When I was running IT for a pharmaceutical company the minimum was 15 characters but it was made easy by encouraging them to use passphrases, such as "Ihatelongpasswords"

Problem is that once you get beyond a certain number of accounts it is just too much to remember. With a password vault app you only need to remember one password from hell.

Passwords by themselves are a trade off of security for convenience. Two factor authentication (2FA) is better but only if it is properly implemented; sending a one time code to your cell phone is not solid security.