Dr. Dave's first YouTube Short

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking back to some of your earlier videos , the ones with kids climbing all over you while you were trying to make a video, never seemed to bother you at all which told me all I needed to know.
I bet you miss them being there with you { but not every moment ,lol }

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
I was just thinking back to some of your earlier videos , the ones with kids climbing all over you while you were trying to make a video, never seemed to bother you at all which told me all I needed to know.
I bet you miss them being there with you { but not every moment ,lol }

Unless you are referring to my students in my Boot Camp video, I think you are thinking about somebody else. Regardless, I am so focused when making videos, not much can distract me.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Unless you are referring to my students in my Boot Camp video, I think you are thinking about somebody else. Regardless, I am so focused when making videos, not much can distract me.
Hmmm I was sure that was you with a couple of little children under the table playing long ago. I guess not. I'm sorry

Jimmorrison

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
UPDATE: I now have over 100 "shorts" posted. Check them out here:

Original Post:
I just posted my very first YouTube Short! Please let me know if you have any feedback, suggestions, or advice because I plan to create many more over the next few weeks.

Hey Doc, just wanted to say Thanks for all you do. This last weekend there was a 3-ball break contest. Make all three and win the table. One dollar per try. I immediately thought of you and brought up your vid. Made two balls twice, in four tries.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Hey Doc, just wanted to say Thanks for all you do. This last weekend there was a 3-ball break contest. Make all three and win the table. One dollar per try. I immediately thought of you and brought up your vid. Made two balls twice, in four tries.

Nice job. Did anybody make all 3? For those interested, here's the 3-ball break video:

snookered_again

Ive been enjoying the videos and learning lots. thanks for not using music so much, and for not using too much of my time to do self promotion.
I have my own music.

"Subscribing" to youtube is something I'd never care to do.. So many carry on about that stuff during videos. It's just a way to annoy people to turn off the video.. The content, and length is great.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
Ive been enjoying the videos and learning lots. thanks for not using music so much, and for not using too much of my time to do self promotion.
I have my own music.

"Subscribing" to youtube is something I'd never care to do.. So many carry on about that stuff during videos. It's just a way to annoy people to turn off the video.. The content, and length is great.

Thanks for the feedback.

dr_dave

Instructional Author
Gold Member
Silver Member
"Subscribing" to youtube is something I'd never care to do.. So many carry on about that stuff during videos. It's just a way to annoy people to turn off the video.

Views, Likes, and Subscribes encourage YouTube to recommend videos to others, and that generates more shared ad revenue. For the people who make a living being a Content Creator, this is important. I don’t rely on YouTube revenue, but it is a nice perk for doing something I love.

book collector

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Views, Likes, and Subscribes encourage YouTube to recommend videos to others, and that generates more shared ad revenue. For the people who make a living being a Content Creator, this is important. I don’t rely on YouTube revenue, but it is a nice perk for doing something I love.
You have spent many thousands of hours trying to help people, no reason you shouldn't get a benefit from it when possible.

snookered_again

youtube , facebook and google all collect user data to such an extent that a user needs to be very savvy to avoid his data being tracked against him.. Some don't care, some don't like their personal info such as their interests, photos or location and time of the photos being collected and tracked by supercomputers,, AI makes it easier to retain and collect data such as search priorities music preferences and pages viewed from various platforms.. a lot of these sites as well as corporations like big grocery stores are also linking your data shopping habits, what you buy and when , if you pay attention to sales etc.. to your phone number so even when you clear the data, its still out there because it's been retained..
If you allow it you can open up your phone to tracking and it will follow your physical movements over time, but even with that turned off, they still track your whereabouts. that may be info that only police can access freely but if you do something bad oh yes, they can find your phone even with tracking off.
another very powerful way to accumulate personalized knowledge.. new cars also have embedded software used for tracking ..

the data seems to be also sold and accumulated on an open market, and with AI and the future , my personal fears are that all these little pieces of data may be accumulated , sold , transferred and used in ways we can't see or well understand right now because AI is developing at such a rapid pace.. All this does definitely present personal security and privacy concerns.. One reason you couldn't pay me to join Facebook.

facial recognition is another way of linking your data. When data of various types is linked, collected and sold it is quite powerful because all the pieces of a larger puzzle can be put together to reveal a whole lot more information about a person than was originally intended or understood by the person providing that data.

where this is all heading , I'm no expert but it's definitely a growing concern, at least to some who'd rather not have things like pictures and personal data catalogued for eternity in these supercomputers. If you see websites using "two part authentication" using your phone number, you can also reason its all being tracked against your phone number..

to better understand where all this seems to be leading you can read upon how china is using it and then reason whether you feel safe from it.. or if you feel it may become a situation you'd rather not partake in..
You'd need a crystal ball to predict the future applications of your data and of the powers of AI itself but I think things have gone past a point where these types of concerns are invalid or simply paranoia. There is definitely some valid concern for what all this tech is developing into. my personal take is that once you let data out there, you can't take it back, so far as personal info is concerned. another trend is for those who retain personal info to be hacked.. and for all they retain to be stolen and out of their control.. It's happened a lot lately.

I appreciate Dave' very hard work and his ability to share his insight.
It probably does help that by word, and through forums like this his view count (click count) will be increased.. I hope he's very successful as he's helping lots of people.

Last edited: