Drill/Progress System

Sarnia Shorty

He's going to the bag
Silver Member
A while back I read about a set of drills/tests you can do that will actually track your progress and shows your improvements. There was a website with all the different levels ect.

Can anyone tell me the name of this or give me the website, I tried a search of the forums but I don't really remember what I am looking for.

Thanks,

SS

itsfroze

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Not sure but you may be talking about this:

Play Pool Like a Pro Series

Train, Score, Get Ranked Like a Pro.

IPAT
International Playing Ability Test. A three-DVD set featuring World Champion Thorsten Hohmann plus companion workbooks. Pool Training for Beginners, Advanced Players and Prosâ„¢. A hit in Europe, and now available in the U.S. and Canada!

Developed by and also featuring European coach Ralph G. Eckert and Germany’s head coach Andreas Huber. Workbooks authored by Eckert, Huber, and Jorgen Sandman, Norwegian and Austrian head coach.

Officially Endorsed by The World Pool-Billiard Association

Used and recommended by The European Pocket Billiard Federation

LEVEL 1 DVD : For beginners, as well as for enthusiasts whose progress has stalled. Learn the basics, such as aiming, improving the quality of your stroke (draw shots and follow shots), big position playing, and more.

LEVEL 1 Companion Workbook : This workbook for beginners includes 10 drills, exercises for basic strokes, and training games – and you can record your personal performances. Because of WPA’s endorsement of PAT, national and international comparisons of anyone’s skills are only now possible, since everyone is taking the same tests. This workbook lies flat when open, for use at a pool table.

LEVEL 2 DVD : For advanced players, a challenging training program to bring your basic skills to a higher level. Including speed drill, frozen rail drill, 9-Ball situation, and more.

LEVEL 2 Companion Workbook : This workbook for advanced players includes 10 advanced drills, as well as exercises (such as for 9-Ball) and intermediate-to-advanced workouts. IPAT is a system to develop and assess the skills that one needs to play pool at a high level. This workbook lies flat when open, for use at a pool table.

LEVEL 3 DVD : For expert players, and anyone interested in the fine details of world-class technique. Features stroke straightness, bankshot drill and many more techniques. FREE Bonus Audio CD includes a discussion of the psychology of pool, and an interview with World Champion Thorsten Hohmann.

LEVEL 3 Companion Workbook : This workbook for expert players, and for anyone interested in the fine details of world-class technique, includes 10 drills, exercises for advanced players, and high-level training games – all of which can help you compare your playing levels against others. The IPAT system is an excellent way for serious pool players to plan short-, mid- and long-term training programs. This workbook lies flat when open, for use at a pool table.

You can find it in some of the on line billiard stores, if this is what you were talking about. Good Luck

Last edited:

Cdryden

Pool Addict
Silver Member
A while back I read about a set of drills/tests you can do that will actually track your progress and shows your improvements. There was a website with all the different levels ect.

Can anyone tell me the name of this or give me the website, I tried a search of the forums but I don't really remember what I am looking for.

Thanks,

SS

Or maybe Joe Tuckers Guaranteed Improvement.

Tony_in_MD

You want some of this?
Silver Member
Bob Jewett has written extensively on progressive drills. Search for this or posts by Bob. There are some resources on his website for this as well.

Thanks,

SS

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
You may mean this: http://www.sfbilliards.com/progpract.pdf
More important than those specific drills is that you figure out how to make your own progressive practice drills for the shots that you have trouble with in game situations. If you understand the format, you should be able to do that pretty easily.

People keep asking, "What should I practice?" The answer is simple: the shots that you fail on during play.

Last edited:

Ratta

Hearing the balls.....
Silver Member
There are several *measureable tests/systems*. The main thing is, that YOU start to measure your progress, having the right attitude to improve.

lg
Ingo