Drunkin Pool Night

blakerandy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I know this is pretty ridiculous. Usually once a week we have the neighbors over for "drunkin pool night".

It is totally relaxed and just for fun but there is a lot of drinking going on and inevitably we forget what team has stripes or solids. We only shoot 8 ball.

Any ideas out there to come up with an EASY why to keep track?

Thanks

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Dry erase as stated or get solid stripe hats or the rubber band wrist band things.

pool101

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do a shot every time you forget.. at the end of the night you won't remember anyway..

cajunfats

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
8 Ball

Don't change a thing! You guys are having fun so far, so why spoil it by making the game mean something. Shoot, screw up, laugh about it, and don't make it a competition. Just have fun, share the laughs, and throw 'em back!!!

Aloha!:cool:

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Couldn't you guys choose a designated team?
The chosen team will "stay straight" for the evening and keep watch over the ball potting? The next week this team will get bar stool huggen drunk while the partiers from the week before get to take watch.:yes:

mhilton777

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Play 9 ball or 10 ball instead. At least you would know the next ball. Just have fun!!!

cesarmorales

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
who cares

If the other team can't remember what they have then the shooting team should pick the easy set of balls to finish off.

Pangit

Banned
We solved this twenty some years ago. Whom ever makes the first ball establishing a "suit", takes said ball and puts it in his pocket. I wear cargo shorts everyday, it's not a problem. Tight pants would be a problem.

The down side of this is that by the end of the night...people start forgetting they have balls in their pockets.

Another alternative is first ball made is put on/in the cue case of the guy that made it.

deadnutz

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Shirts & Skins works good, if there's a couple decent looking ladies it's even better. If you can't remember who has what a couple fugly ladies might work as well :)

Celophanewrap

Call me Grace
Silver Member
Just decide at the beginning of the night who is shooting stripes and who is shooting solids, no matter who makes what on the break. The real fun starts when two people or teams shooting the same suite are matched up. It will surprise you when the opposite is the winner

jason

Unprofessional everything
Silver Member
Invite me and for the low, low price of free drinks, I will keep track. If I lose track, it would be because you are out of beer, or I'm drunk. :)

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
Y:frown:
I know this is pretty ridiculous. Usually once a week we have the neighbors over for "drunkin pool night".

It is totally relaxed and just for fun but there is a lot of drinking going on and inevitably we forget what team has stripes or solids. We only shoot 8 ball.

Any ideas out there to come up with an EASY why to keep track?

Thanks
Sure. First you take coins in your left pocket. Every time you're stripes you take a coin and put it in you right pocket...

Hope this helps,

Freddie <~~~ or you could do shirts and skins

desertshark

Racks on racks on racks
Silver Member
Y:frown:
Sure. First you take coins in your left pocket. Every time you're stripes you take a coin and put it in you right pocket...

Hope this helps,

Freddie <~~~ or you could do shirts and skins

Geeze Freddie... Either you got alot of coins or you really like taking coins to the table with you! Lol! :grin:

Rico

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Idea

Yes fly me over i will be scorekeeper and ref.what are azers for

KoolKat9Lives

Taught 'em all I know
Silver Member
Shirts & Skins works good, if there's a couple decent looking ladies it's even better. If you can't remember who has what a couple fugly ladies might work as well :)

Yeah baby (cue Austin Powers)! I like this.

But if it's a cold environment, lol, get 2 striped hats and 2 solid hats. You can skin this cat!

Sounds like a fun time!!!!