Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don’t care what you do to the pockets, go find another guy who can post up numbers like this.

Do what ever you want to the pockets. You ain’t gonna be able to find 5 more players who can do this with ANY pocket.

There might be 10 people in the world who can do what he’s doing now on this table. And maybe 15 with any pocket you can invent.

That 5 extra players ain’t many. It’s not the pockets putting those balls in multiple 300’s per day and 400 the next.

I’m tired of the pocket talk. Christ get over it. It’s the player not the god damned pocket.

Envy brings down everyone who suffers from it

This statement is Dead Money approved.

407 for the day.. a new record for Jayson and this event. Awesome. Thanks to all involved.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yes we have, but as long as Bobby keeps insisting "legit" pockets instead of admitting they're "slightly" modified, I'm being invited to correct his BS. Measure the throat of the pocket, post the results, and call it a day, it IS what it IS then, the truth!!

I feel absolutely no need (none) to satisfy your request -- you broke your word to me.

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm far more genteel and diplomatic now, but 40 years back I would unhesitatingly respond to flailing indignation from malcontents dissing a freebie:

"See the Chaplain on your way out -- he's a very understanding fellow . . . he'll punch a notch in your TS (military for "Tough Sh-t") card and refund what you paid to get in. Sorry about the emotional distress we caused you."

Arnaldo

lol.

Lou Figueroa
always a few malcontents out there
business as usual

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm calling the pockets altered, but apparently you're one of those "viewers" that believe everything you read, the pockets are "legit" 😅

I've seen the photos, you have not, and you are wrong (and a liar who cannot keep his word).

Lou Figueroa

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Parallel pocket facing angles (135°) are a commonly accepted alteration on extremely tight pocket tables seen in numerous California poolrooms (reworked by mechanics such as Ernesto Dominguez), with extended sub rails and corner pocket mouth measurements of say 4 inches. It allows for an extremely tight pocket table to play reasonable (as opposed to ridiculously difficult) if the player is accurate enough to hit the pocket facing on the shot.

On his most recent visit to our poolroom to re-cover our pool tables, I had Ernesto change our pocket facing angles on our 4-3/4” and 4-3/8” corner pocket tables from 143° to 140°, to make them play a little more forgiving.

I’m guessing if I’d requested Ernesto to change our pocket facing angles to 135° (Parallel) yet still maintain the 4-3/4” mouth specs, he would have questioned my intentions and he would have warned me how ridiculously easy that would make the pockets play, and he would have advised me against it.

That is the basic point that Glen and I are trying to make here. To have the best professional shotmakers in the world playing on a table like this doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to some of us, and will only result in controversy if a record high run happens to be set.

That being said, I’m still thoroughly enjoying watching this event, and the amazing skills that these players possess, even some players like SVB, Earl and Jayson, who are not considered among the very elite 14.1 players.

I've played on Ernesto tables in Vegas and what you say is accurate.

As to the issue of controversy, there will *always* be controversy, no matter what. No one in our camp is losing sleep over it.

Lou Figueroa

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Personally if I were a player of Jason's stature I would not partake if the tables weren't of pro standard, it detracts from his brand imo.
Lay down 4 or 500 hundred on a proper table and you create yourself a legacy and much respect.

Well, Jayson doesn't see it that way and is coming back for more *very* soon.

Lou Figueroa
like *real* soon

wrldpro

H.RUN 311/Diamond W.R.
Gold Member
Silver Member
Jason was done at that point, all he needed was an excuse to get out of there, he was burnt out, he has the high run record rith now, so ne reason to stick around any longer.
Oh really. Glen you are the nosiest drama person around. Since you said Jayson has no reason to stick around like you wanna say he is the leader so no reason to stick around well Jayson has heart and doesn't piss his bed sheets in his van and wear a diaper like you. Jayson just called me after we left dinner and he has decided to stay and play some more. So Mr. Nobody know it all you are wrong again. Oh by the way your words were I bet he doesn't beat Shane's 308. Well you were wrong as he ran over 308 4 times. You wanna bet 10k-50k on Jayson running over 308 again? That's right you can't bet only trash talk and interject negativity because you are BROKE. No MONEY and certainly NO HEART.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Oh really. Glen you are the nosiest drama person around. Since you said Jayson has no reason to stick around like you wanna say he is the leader so no reason to stick around well Jayson has heart and doesn't piss his bed sheets in his van and wear a diaper like you. Jayson just called me after we left dinner and he has decided to stay and play some more. So Mr. Nobody know it all you are wrong again. Oh by the way your words were I bet he doesn't beat Shane's 308. Well you were wrong as he ran over 308 4 times. You wanna bet 10k-50k on Jayson running over 308 again? That's right you can't bet only trash talk and interject negativity because you are BROKE. No MONEY and certainly NO HEART.

I hope Yum! Brands doesn’t do a social media search only to discover that Glenn Hancock aka realkingcobra is not a man of his word, someone not to be trusted.

Lou Figueroa
sure I can find links
to an interesting thread
or two

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've played on Ernesto tables in Vegas and what you say is accurate.

As to the issue of controversy, there will *always* be controversy, no matter what. No one in our camp is losing sleep over it.

Lou Figueroa
Simply releasing the corner pocket facing angles would go a long way towards settling this issue.

The decision not to simply measure them with a protractor and release that finding leads some of us to believe that angle must be closer to 135° as opposed to the 142° BCA standard recommended PFA specs.

Dr Dave is extremely knowledgeable as to how critical PFA’s relate to how easy/hard that angle makes pockets play, but he has wisely chosen to stay out of this discussion.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have no problem with the pockets being turned into huge catchers mits, where I have a problem is when the hosts of this event call those pockets legit, when clearly they're not. Not one table manufacturer on the planet builds pocket pool tables with parallel miter angles in the corner pockets, the BCA specs clearly don't support them, so why is it so important that the viewers have to be lead to believe they're "legit" pocket openings when clearly they're not.

When I start getting requests to build pockets like these on customers home tables because they want their table to play just like this table plays, I'm going to refuse the work because its against my principles of how a pool table should play, in my opinion of course, as well as the manufacturers and BCA too.
Against your principles? Yep, you got a lot of those. Morals and scruples too I bet. lol