Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler, being reared on straight pool, will make it interesting...but he’ll have to go some to upstage Shaw.
What’s your prediction?

I think if Filler has the drive Shaw has shown he might do as well or a hair better.

I think the real question is he driven as Shaw? That I’m not sure about.

Will be interesting.

I’m pulling for who ever is playing to print big numbers. This is such a great sweat going on for weeks and weeks.

Best
Fatboy😀

kanzzo

hobby player
so just for the record
Jayson just broke the lifetime highrun of following players:

Klaus Zobrekis
Danny Harriman
Grady Mathews
Oliver Ortmann
Steve Mizerak
Mike Sigel
Danny Di Liberto
Alex Lely
Niels Feijen

... 4 times in two consecutive days 😅
edit: 5 times in two consecutive days 🙈

Last edited:

kanzzo

hobby player
So playing pool is all about luck, and don't require skills, ok, got it🙄
like most games (examples would be Backgammon, Poker, 9-Ball) or real time events (driving a car) it's a combination of skill and luck. But somehow you pretend to not to get it.

You can reduce your risk through skill (in Jayson's case by manufactoring perfect steep angle breakshots with minimal risk of scratching just as one example) but you can't eliminate bad luck completely. In the long run (shooting 350+ twice a day) he will get 500+ and 600+ quite fast. In your observation, someone like Jayson or Strickland (being perhaps a similar great shotmaker in the 90s) could be never able to accomplish such big runs.

Well, I guess you were proven wrong. Since you didn't have money to bet on your forecast - why don't you at least stop spamming the thread repeating the same arguments for the 1000th time?

jswworung

OrangeForks Productions
Hi all,
Maybe I missed it, but is someone keeping track on all the runs that Jayson is making?
Like a list in spreadsheet or something that people can look up?

Thanks,
Jimmy

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so just for the record
Jayson just broke the lifetime highrun of following players:
Klaus Zobrekis
Danny Harriman
Grady Mathews
Oliver Ortmann
Steve Mizerak
Mike Sigel
Danny Di Liberto
Alex Lely
Niels Feijen

... 4 times in two consecutive days 😅

that's just crazy.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I personally don't care if they're playing with 6" corner pockets. What bothers me is BS'ing the viewing audience into believing something that isn't true just to cover up the fact that the pockets have artificially been made to take the balls much easier than the claimed STOCK pockets ever would!
It is obvious that you are very impressed with yourself. The problem is pool tables are extremely simple pieces of equipment. Even if you try you can`t make them complicated. So because you are able to take one apart and then put it back together doesn`t make you an astronaut or anything.

kanzzo

hobby player
Less than 5" pockets? Seems like you guys measure pocket size like you keep track of the scoring. Lou showed this picture claiming 5" pockets, so what are they really?
4.95 is less than 5.0 last time I checked. But yes, these are basically 5 inch pockets.
Did you do the pocket work on them, if so what are the miter angles?
PSF is 0.91 since it's <= 5''
psf.JPG

I did not set up the table. From the photos provided I would guess the Pocket Angle Factor to be somewhere between 137,0 and 138,6 degrees. (PAF 0.97)
table angles.JPG

The small pocket shelf depth is typicall for GCIII (I owened one for years), so this factor makes the pockets more forgiving, then the pocket angle. (PLF 0.95)

shelf.JPG

These numbers make for a Total Table Difficulty Factor (TDF) of about 0.84 (0.838565), so it's a very easy table, even more so with new cloth.
tdf.JPG

kanzzo

hobby player
Did you do the pocket work on them, if so what are the miter angles?
But I do get it that you disapprove of the way the pockets are cut. You didn't approved of a lot of things and mentioned them countless times in this and other threads.

You don't approve of the fact that someone has organized an event that could help break (edit: did break) the High Run Record of John Schmidt.

You don't approve of the fact that John Schmidt wasn't invited as player or commentator.

You don't approve of the patterns of 9-Ball players.

You don't approve even more of the fact that shot making plays such a big role in running straight pool.

You don't approve of the fact that someone is able to run 400+ even though his straight pool patterns were not approved by you.

You don't approve of the fact that you were not invited to set up the table for this event even though you know that you are the best table mechanic in the world.

You don't approve of the way the pockets are cut.

You did predict that the generous pockets will backfire and nobody will be able to beat the 308 from Shane, because the runs will end in scratches in these huge pockets too often.

You don't approve of the fact, that players are able to adapt and don't scratch nearly as often as you have predicted.

These disapprovals from you are a huge concern for everybody involved and the people organizing this event as well as participating players were not able to get any sleep because of this for over two months now. I really hope you will continue with your helpful comments, since sleep deprivation over such a big timeframe is a very serious medical condition.

Last edited:

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
We've seen several thousand balls shot into pockets in just three weeks, by several players.
Yet. no one can discern what constitutes a run stopper, prior to the run stopping, nor what
a shooter must accomplish to continue a run, prior to playing position for the 15th ball in a rack.
Please attempt to explain for your audience.

Too much mileage on the CB catches up to everyone.

Lou Figueroa

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member
Stream is down but the fb page says he's currently at 28 racks
Right now at this time of the morning

Amazing

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Lou, just curious how the rack is prepared on this table and how difficult that would be to do? Is it a permanent template? I’d sure love to try it on one or more of our tables, and I assume it would rack just as well for 9-ball or 10-ball? Thanks

I guess you'd call it semi-permanent and could pull up the donuts.

I'll get more info on it but it's basically it's the template Grace Nakamura was marketing a few years back.

Lou Figueroa