Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It'll be interesting to see if Legends of Pocket Billiards celebrates Jayson setting a new world record with 714 or whether they celebrate Jayson posting a respectable 2nd place finish behind Babe Cranfield's 768.
From what i've read there were no witnesses that watched entire run. Took place during a practice session. Not saying i couldn't have happened but there's no solid proof of it.

middleofnowhere

Registered
I'm watching the Facebook stream that was put up by the owner using his phone I guess from the monitor. I'm looking at rack 40. Rack 39 just played like a rack of balls in Miami on a humid night. He just broke rack 41 and it's kind of the same thing these balls are not scattering all over the place like they were on day one this is getting really tough.

cueman

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Pull your head out of your own darkness buddy, how long do you think 714 will last as the record if there's a cash reward to break it?? Such a dumbass!!
You actually make some good points sometimes, but why be so rude making them? I think If someone sets a high enough bounty on a 1000 ball run that someone will do it. If no one puts up the money then this 714 may stand for a while.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
From what i've read there were no witnesses that watched entire run. Took place during a practice session. Not saying i couldn't have happened but there's no solid proof of it.
The thing is Legends of Pocket Billiards recognized Cranfield's run over John Schmidt's 626. So it puts them in an awkward position in terms of celebrating Jayson's accomplishment in their event.

But perhaps sets themselves up nicely when Shaw or Filler step in and breach 800.

PoolPlayer4

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
so just for the record
Jayson just broke the lifetime highrun of following players:

Klaus Zobrekis
Danny Harriman
Grady Mathews
Oliver Ortmann
Steve Mizerak
Mike Sigel
Danny Di Liberto
Alex Lely
Niels Feijen

... 4 times in two consecutive days 😅
edit: 5 times in two consecutive days 🙈
On a gaff table. Those records stand.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah - these weren't small pockets either. Look at the side pockets.

I grew up in a post 'Hustler' room with all GC1's delivered straight from B'wick. All had 5" corners. They didn't make a Tournament version back then. The 'tight table' deal is a fairly new thing to pool. People used to shim them for gambling on but 14.1 events were played on standard GC's.