Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I mentioned in a thread yesterday “it all ears Shaw wants it more than anyone who’s participated thus far”.

I’m not the sharpest guy, but I’d guess my read on that was right? How many balls did he pocket yesterday? All day.

I’m still taking the over on this one, I think Filler might have a chance-if he wants it bad enough. We’ll see

Good stuff for sure

Fatboy Approved

arnaldo

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Whatever the mouth opening is, 142-143° facing angles dictate a 3/4" reduction in size from mouth to throat. There's no math error - if the mouth is 5" wide, then the throat must be no more than 4 1/4" wide or the angles are not 142-143°.

pj
chgo
The relative depth or shallowness of the shelf also a factor in the pocket-forgiveness equation as well. That can vary a good amount between tables, especially cheaper or poorly designed ones (which thankfully wasn't the case with this startling, pleasureable-to-watch run).

Arnaldo

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Has been said on here many times, it’s not the 5 inch mouth that makes this table play so forgiving, it’s the parallel pocket facing angles!
I understand 100%.
It’s just a shame that such an incredible accomplishment will now be scrutinized because of this. Still without question, the best 14.1 shotmaking performance in history - 51 consecutive racks, 51 consecutive successful break shots!
It is an amazing accomplishment. Truth be told, someone would have something to say about it even if everything was laid out perfect.

Sealegs50

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
714! 714! 714!

Who is next up Lou??
06541C54-F5F5-47E8-AB44-9CD8898CD16F.jpeg

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The difference between 135 and 142 is 7 degrees, thats 7/16" per side bigger in the throat, a little over 3/4' not a 1/2".

Lol get your calculator. 3/4 would be 12/16. C’mon man! 1/2 is 8/16, so 7/16 is LESS THAN 1/2.

You are smart enough to know that……

I will defend him on this just because I though the same thing at first. So for the purpose of being accurate:

7/16 per side of the pocket opening at the throat. X 2 = 14/16

The rest of his act here is pretty regrettable.

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Christ the guy runs 714 balls, smashes a record that’s older than I am

AND ALL TOU CAN DO IS ARGUE OVER THE POCKETS?

RIP Pool,

Can’t celebrate a historical moment, have to argue. I left for 7 years, come back to the same shit show. Ifs shameful, absolitly shameful.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
they could set up a star trek holodeck where you can physically go and inspect the pockets with a Tricorder yourself and there would still be people saying that the holodeck was rigged.
Wow. Now we've gone to the straight-up sci-fi nerd replies. ;)

Texas Carom Club

9ball did to billiards what hiphop did to america
Silver Member

RIP Pool,

Can’t celebrate a historical moment, have to argue. I left for 7 years, come back to the same shit show. Ifs shameful, absolitly shameful.

well the same shithead from 7yrs back was doing the same thing he is now

mr3cushion

Regestered User
Silver Member

RIP Pool,

Hey Eric, and it's ALWAYS the SAME ASSHOLES! Guys that couldn't run 3 racks with a 45 to their head!

Fatboy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fatboy in his early days was a "Speaker Dude"! :eek: :eek: :eek:

🤣 🤣 🤣 🤣

Bose or Bricks? You find out once you open the box at home!
Honest to God I got the brinks for $50

I fell for it 100% right down the line. I was 17 years old. Embarrassing yes. Worth the $50 lesson? I’d send him $500 more in hindsight.

I learned lots that night.

RobMan

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I will defend him on this just because I though the same thing at first. So for the purpose of being accurate:

7/16 per side of the pocket opening at the throat. X 2 = 14/16

The rest of his act here is pretty regrettable.
Ah --- fair enough. My reading skills need to be sharper! I do not notice the PER SIDE comment. So I was wr .. .wrrr.... wrrrong!

Reminds me of the old saying - I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ah --- fair enough. My reading skills need to be sharper! I do not notice the PER SIDE comment. So I was wr .. .wrrr.... wrrrong!

Reminds me of the old saying - I thought I was wrong once, but I was mistaken!
It is an easy mistake to make.