Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Then you shouldn't have a problem taking a picture with 2 balls in the back of the pocket, right?

Post the picture, that's all I've wanted all along, just to prove a point. Do that and I have nothing left to post about.
I’ve mentioned this before… and I posted pics of our GCIs pockets using two balls. It should be a lot clearer than worrying about camera angles.
The balls don’t lie.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Well, I'm home now, just finished driving from Tacoma, WA back to Spokane, nice little 297 mile drive. I want to thank all you toys of mine i play with, all I have to so is jerk one chain and about 30 of you have your eyeballs rolling the the back of your eye sockets and your lips puckered up to put a lip lock on my ass because you want to play with me so bad, and none of you have any control over your emotions, because I HAVE call the control over them that I want. Whats sad though, all of you are the sole reason why NO PROS post on AZB, because you're ALL experts in every area of conversations, even the ones you know absolutely shit about, but you're still the experts. You guys can't stop posting to me because you're afraid to quit, who else could you have this much fun with? 😅🤣😂

So I'm done for the night, I now turn over AZB to those liplockers that love me so much😅🤣🤣

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Not trying to hijack this thread away from the argufication but how can I find out more about this cloth? It sounds like something I would be interested in.
I helped develop the cloth over a 2 year period, if it wasn't something I believed in, I wouldn't be using it even if I could get it for free. And trust me, I have a lot of Diamonds switching over to it in pool rooms from Arizona to Montana, to Washington state.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well, I'm home now, just finished driving from Tacoma, WA back to Spokane, nice little 297 mile drive. I want to thank all you toys of mine i play with, all I have to so is jerk one chain and about 30 of you have your eyeballs rolling the the back of your eye sockets and your lips puckered up to put a lip lock on my ass because you want to play with me so bad, and none of you have any control over your emotions, because I HAVE call the control over them that I want. Whats sad though, all of you are the sole reason why NO PROS post on AZB, because you're ALL experts in every area of conversations, even the ones you know absolutely shit about, but you're still the experts. You guys can't stop posting to me because you're afraid to quit, who else could you have this much fun with? 😅🤣😂

So I'm done for the night, I now turn over AZB to those liplockers that love me so much😅🤣🤣

Whatever it takes for you to sleep.

Lou Figueroa
no one cares

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Nighty-night pal.

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
Official WR for decades: Mosconi 526

Equipment used:
Table specs 🤷‍♂️🤷
Balls 🤷‍♂️🤷

Result: ACCEPTED!!

JS WR: 626

Equipment used:

Table specs: 🤷‍♂️🤷
Video: 🤷‍♂️🤷
Other results from other players on that table: 🤷‍♂️🤷

Result: ACCEPTED!!

Shaw’s run: 714

Equipment used:

Table specs: more info than previous records ✅
Video: ✅
Other players competing on the table: ✅
900 people watched it live: ✅

Result: Will be accepted ✅

EDIT: And it should be added that more players will be coming to compete on the same equipment ✅

Last edited:

tomatoshooter

I helped develop the cloth over a 2 year period, if it wasn't something I believed in, I wouldn't be using it even if I could get it for free. And trust me, I have a lot of Diamonds switching over to it in pool rooms from Arizona to Montana, to Washington state.
I saw you mention it on another thread. I'm going to be recovering my table in the somewhat near future, it's an 8' Olhausen with the old felt style cloth. I like the way it plays except for the corner pockets which I will fix. I think the 860HR and Predator cloths are too fast, especially for an 8' table. 860 is probably on the upper limit of speed for my taste. Are there any tables in NorCal that I could try it?

realkingcobra

Silver Member
I saw you mention it on another thread. I'm going to be recovering my table in the somewhat near future, it's an 8' Olhausen with the old felt style cloth. I like the way it plays except for the corner pockets which I will fix. I think the 860HR and Predator cloths are too fast, especially for an 8' table. 860 is probably on the upper limit of speed for my taste. Are there any tables in NorCal that I could try it?
Nope

Sheldon

dontneednostinkintitle
Silver Member
I’d just like to report that I care....yeah, Glen can be cranky. But a lot of people that are good at things can be cranky.
I know a lot about billiard equipment... Glen quadrupled that knowledge on AZ for me.
Same here! Glen has been very generous helping me whenever I've asked for advice while I'm learning to work on tables. His knowledge is encyclopedic, and his accomplishments are numerous and outstanding. He's done more for pool than anyone posting here, that's for sure.
He could react better to the trolls, but who cares. It's the internet and if you take this sh*t personally, you're not too bright.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Sorry, but I this is not rocket science.
You know, I've always been curious about people that make that kind of comment, do you know any rocket scientists personally? Have you ever seen a rocket ship?

I delivered Diamond 7ft ProAm, 3 piece slate once to a nuclear physicist working at the Alamogordo, New Mexico nuclear research facility.

Once I unloaded the table in his garage, I thought I'd tease him a little, so I asked him if he could handle the set up from there because I'm always hearing that my job isn't rocket science, and that anyone can do it.

He responded laughing, he'll no I can't set that table up, that's why I specifically asked Diamond to have YOU deliver and set my table up.

So I have to tell you, right at that moment, I felt like, I'm MUST BE at least as smart as a nuclear physicist, because he said no way to being able to do MY job!!!

So there ya go Buck Rodgers, my job must be as import as being a rocket scientist, hell, YOU couldn't do my job, so what does that say about how smart YOU are!😅🤣😂

kanzzo

hobby player
You know, I've always been curious about people that make that kind of comment, do you know any rocket scientists personally? Have you ever seen a rocket ship?

I delivered Diamond 7ft ProAm, 3 piece slate once to a nuclear physicist working at the Alamogordo, New Mexico nuclear research facility.

Once I unloaded the table in his garage, I thought I'd tease him a little, so I asked him if he could handle the set up from there because I'm always hearing that my job isn't rocket science, and that anyone can do it.

He responded laughing, he'll no I can't set that table up, that's why I specifically asked Diamond to have YOU deliver and set my table up.

So I have to tell you, right at that moment, I felt like, I'm MUST BE at least as smart as a nuclear physicist, because he said no way to being able to do MY job!!!

So there ya go Buck Rodgers, my job must be as import as being a rocket scientist, hell, YOU couldn't do my job, so what does that say about how smart YOU are!😅🤣😂
"it's not rocket science" is in idiom. I means that something is not very difficult to do or to understand.
That's because you don't understand pocket geometry. The closer to parallel the miter angles are, the further back in the throat the balls get deflected, which means less rejection and more accepting the pockets are to pocketing balls!!
You implied I would't understand pocket geometry and would not understand, that smaller pocket angle makes for easier pockets. But I wrote about it a few posts back, so I did understand it, as does everybody else.
pocket plays easier if angle is smaller. Sorry, but I this is not rocket science.
You are not even able to qute correctly and your reading comprehension is very poor. I wrote that to understand "that pocket plays easier if angle is smaller" is not rocket science and the meaning of the idiom is:
pocket plays easier if angle is smaller is easy to understand. I did understand it.
I have no idea why the organisators don't provide the exact measurements. I had guessed from the photos that the angle is around 137-138°
(135° would made for absolutely parallel facings, so the angle must be a little above 135° but probably less then 142° that are normally on a Brunswick table. I had a GCIII for 5 years and owe a GCV and the angle is 142° on my table at home)

Dr Dave provided a nice system with TDF to compare, how different variations in pocket measurements change the difficulty of the table.
The 5'' pockets make it 9% easier
The flat shelf makes it 5% easier
The pocket angle makes it 3% easier.

Combined (since you have to multiply the numbers) it makes for an 16% easier table. So the pocket angle is a relevant factor but it's the smallest one.
But you would even take my words out of context just to prove your point and this is what I meant, when I said you way of arguing is that of a 7 year old.
I never said I could do your job better then you (I imply your job ist to set up pool tables and not arguing on forums). And it's a nice and polite way from you customer to let you think, you are as smart as he is. So the nuclear physicist you had as a customer must have been a nice guy. But from the content you are posting on this forum you don't seem very smart, sorry.

The more wise a person is the more he is aware of his intellectual limitations. Unfortunately, the opposite is true. The fool thinks he knows everything.

Edit:
Fun trivia fact: most 7 years old don't understand idioms and take them too literally. Normally the idiom comprehension is completed by eleven years of age.
The development of idiom comprehension

Last edited: