Eagle Eye Takes Aim at 14.1 High Runs

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
To be clear, and as I’ve stated earlier, I don’t actually care about the table when it comes to record setting exhibition runs. There is no standard. There never has been a standard. JS (Schmidt) was the record holder. Now, JS (Shaw) is the record holder.

However, this photo put any nonsense of gaff table to sleep as far as I’m concerned. The photo is taken at an angle with the throat of the pocket closer to the camera, meaning it will appear slightly larger than the mouth, giving even more credence to my pink lines.

Even without my pink line, you can quite clearly see the throat is narrower than the mouth.

F0209B0B-A59E-46C2-8F84-E365F9CF5D57.jpeg

kanzzo

hobby player
I've seen pictures of those pockets, do you really believe after working on pool tables for 40 years, I can't look at a picture of a corner pocket an tell if something is off or not????

my guess for the pocket angle is from same same photos provided by Lou in this forum. My guess was 137-138°. You said it's parallel and angle is 135°

F0209B0B-A59E-46C2-8F84-E365F9CF5D57.jpeg

now check this picture and say, which estimation was closer.

What does this say about your level of expertise?

kanzzo

hobby player
However, this photo put any nonsense of gaff table to sleep as far as I’m concerned. The photo is taken at an angle with the throat of the pocket closer to the camera, meaning it will appear slightly larger than the mouth, giving even more credence to my pink lines.

Even without my pink line, you can quite clearly see the throat is narrower than the mouth.
thank you for the photo. From this angle of the photo I would even guess the pocket angle to be139-140° making the pockets tougher, then in my earlier estimation.

F0209B0B-A59E-46C2-8F84-E365F9CF5D57.jpg

Shuddy

Diamond Dave’s babysitter
Silver Member
thank you for the photo. From this angle of the photo I would even guess the pocket angle to be139-140° making the pockets tougher, then in my earlier estimation.

View attachment 625228

Yeah. They’re making no attempt to hide the pockets. There’s numerous streams now of them walking around the table, talking to Jason after his 714. There’s a bunch of photos from various angles, etc, etc.

I think Bobby is just not going to give fuel to the churning chumps by providing any more serious details than he already has.

sammylane12

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The easiest way to end ALL this talk about the corner pockets being gaffed up, is to ether show the throat measurement, or put 2 balls in the throat of the pocket as far back as they'll sit, touching both sides of the pocket so gap between the balls is clearly visible in the picture, but then, that would expose the truth, and that's NOT happening!!
Actually the easiest way would be for you to shut up

SilentLurker

Registered
What a fun week that was, we learned that all the experts in the "championship" game are all massively overrated.

Their niche hobby is a whole lot easier if someone way more talented gives it a serious go for a week.

We saw some ego's crushed, and funny meltdowns [in here] too.

Congrats Jayson!

PS. He ran over an extra 400 balls (way over twice more) than SVB on the same equipment.

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yeah. They’re making no attempt to hide the pockets. There’s numerous streams now of them walking around the table, talking to Jason after his 714. There’s a bunch of photos from various angles, etc, etc.

I think Bobby is just not going to give fuel to the churning chumps by providing any more serious details than he already has.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

Lou Figueroa

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wow!! Who would have thought the record would go down so fast and so convincingly. Congrats to Jason and everyone who put this event together.

I imagine every straight shooter out there is now thinking they can do the same thing with some time in the box. Filler, Shane and even JS are probably chomping at the bit to come give it a try and see what they can do. And I’m sure there’s a bunch of hard core 14.1 folks I’ve never heard of that want to give it a shot.

What a great day for the sport we all love!

Last edited:

Z-Nole

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And another table mechanic bites the dust!
What are you talking about? Did the snake finally choke on all the bile, hate and jealousy he spews? I was hoping he could learn something from the folks here who put this event together and finally get one of his “saving pool” projects off the ground. Or at least out of the blow hard stage.

Who’s looking forward to another 50 pages of pockets sizes??? Lol

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
The pockets were huge when mosconi ran 526, so if you would be trying to break his record
you would what the huge pockets too! John breaks the record with big pockets, so Jayson gets
the chance with big pockets too! That is how I see it.

realkingcobra

Silver Member
To be clear, and as I’ve stated earlier, I don’t actually care about the table when it comes to record setting exhibition runs. There is no standard. There never has been a standard. JS (Schmidt) was the record holder. Now, JS (Shaw) is the record holder.

View attachment 625226
If you was smart enough to enlarge even that picture you'd see that even the picture angle can't change the fact that the pocket castings won't even cover up the wide throat of the pocket, the castings ears stick out past the throat of the rails, and NO GC pocket castings protrude past the ends of the rail throats, except on THIS table!!
Why do you think there's never been a picture of the pocket with 2 balls side by side in the pocket posted up?

JS would run a 1,000 balls on this circus table😅🤣😂

Oze147

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Only thing left to ask...what or who comes next?
Does the event go on?
Will Ruslan still come again to try to break the new high run?
What is up with the other players in line?
Or will even Shaw go for even a higher run?

I understand that everybody is over the moon about Jayson's achievement, but records are there to be broken :)

realkingcobra

Silver Member
The pockets were huge when mosconi ran 526, so if you would be trying to break his record
you would what the huge pockets too! John breaks the record with big pockets, so Jayson gets
the chance with big pockets too! That is how I see it.
As long as you accept the fact that this is a gaffed table, specially built pockets with the intent to take in balls that would be missed on any other stock GC, who cares right, you people are so gullible😅🤣🤣 but yes, Jayson did run 714 balls, even if he DID get some help from the circus pockets, put an asterisk mark next to his record run indicating it was set on a circus pool table😉

realkingcobra

Silver Member
Only thing left to ask...what or who comes next?
Does the event go on?
Will Ruslan still come again to try to break the new high run?
What is up with the other players in line?
Or will even Shaw go for even a higher run?

I understand that everybody is over the moon about Jayson's achievement, but records are there to be broken :)
Even if you have to cheat to break them, who really cares, its just pool anyway, its not like ROCKET SCIENCE!!!

JazzyJeff87

AzB Plutonium Member
Silver Member
If you was smart enough to enlarge even that picture you'd see that even the picture angle can't change the fact that the pocket castings won't even cover up the wide throat of the pocket, the castings ears stick out past the throat of the rails, and NO GC pocket castings protrude past the ends of the rail throats, except on THIS table!!
Why do you think there's never been a picture of the pocket with 2 balls side by side in the pocket posted up?

JS would run a 1,000 balls on this circus table😅🤣😂
I think the way you interact on here about this is 100% of the reason that such a picture has not been posted. You made it too juicy to just sit back and say nothing, right or wrong.

I don’t think of it as a huge deal, some iffy shots went in but they go in on valleys too and probably a few other tables with generous pockets.

I don’t remember the Legends crew ever stating it was a stock GC but it’s possible I missed something. They said it’s the table and they’re fine with it, earl didn’t go off about it as far as I know and he seems like someone who would based off past comments about respecting the game.