Earl Grow Up!!

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
I heard you were ''acting out''....when it was a benefit to help another human being. WOW!!!

I feel sad for you as you behavior rose ''to the surface again''.

You didn't act out at all, in 1979, when I handed you a 4 set loss roll out 9 ball, races to 11 at Paramount Billiards in Long Beach CA for $500 a set.

Guess Monroe Brock and his side man, were able to keep you in line.

I used some strong words in my Title, but I hope this moment in time, will help. I'm, but I feel for yah, and hope for the better. 9-15-2020 @ 11:27 am MST

Last edited:

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
And those bags of chips were sure loud. And the floor creaked. And the a/c buzzed. And on-n-on-n-on-n-on.................

Look. It’s not easy being a professional pool player when your opponent keeps getting lucky and you have no luck.

Really, Johnny should be apologizing for that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

rexus31

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
"I'm a skill player, not a luck player." Classic.

Earl should be mic'd up at every event.

ugotactionTX

I'm in dead rack!
Silver Member
I love Earl... is he wired tight when he's playing? yes. Does he act up when things don't go his way? also yes.

At this point should ANYONE be surprised by it? a RESOUNDING NO!

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I’m surprised they don’t all have PTSD of some form. I hear all kinds of road stories from Scott Frost or CJ where they are lucky to have gotten out alive.

xianmacx

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I heard you were ''acting out''....when it was a benefit to help another human being. WOW!!!

I feel sad for you as you behavior rose ''to the surface again''.

You didn't act out at all, in 1979, when I handed you a 4 set loss roll out 9 ball, races to 11 at Paramount Billiards in Long Beach CA for $500 a set.

Guess Monroe Brock and his side man, were able to keep you in line.

Hi Bill, Please share more about your gambling session with Earl. You don't hear many of his gambling days and I am sure its interesting.

Thanks,
Ian

orion21

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
He started off ok, but when JA started coming back it went downhill fast. He also said that pool should "eliminate the break". I think he went over the line when he started attacking the crowd. Also wiping the balls in the last game was a shame, robbing Archer of making the last 9 ball and getting the crowd reaction.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The crowd was a major problem. They cheered for Johnny winning a game. They don’t even know how to cheer properly.

Island Drive

Otto/Dads College Roommate/Cleveland Browns
Silver Member
He started off ok, but when JA started coming back it went downhill fast. He also said that pool should "eliminate the break". I think he went over the line when he started attacking the crowd. Also wiping the balls in the last game was a shame, robbing Archer of making the last 9 ball and getting the crowd reaction.

It was a benefit, that's why it's so sad. I don't care what your on/off, this type of moment, is sad for anyone?everyone. :sad:

Another tid bit, TKO beat Archer in the Open Finals at Chesapeake VA, me 17-24, got sharked pulling the trigger on a run out by one of our RIP top pros at the time (don't ask here) name to be given only at a live event I attend in the future.
I booked with BI the last five matches on TKO, nice score.
You can tell when a horse starts to Really Run.
Never saw anyone kick as well as Tommy did ''that day'' in the finals.

MattPoland

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Quote of the match by Johnny at 1 hour 37 minutes of the final video.

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
I love Earl... is he wired tight when he's playing? yes. Does he act up when things don't go his way? also yes.

At this point should ANYONE be surprised by it? a RESOUNDING NO!

Exactly. I was sitting with a Earl when he beat JA at the Bad Blood event in 2013....JA didn’t mind then. he doesn’t mind know. If folks complaining bothers you might need try needle point or bridge.

My gosh, Michael Jordan ripped folks apart with trash talking and now he’s only worth a billion dollars, and not once did any opponent or a fan whine about his trash talking that would make a Hells Angel blush.

I drove Earl back and forth to his hotel all weekend and folks could not get enough autographs from the guy....even the folks that don’t like Wanted his autograph, how else can you explain his popularity for decades.

As much as Earl talks smack, I’d rather listen to him any day of the week then another fan whining like a 3rd grade girl. He could not have been nicer to me.... he even called a buddy of mine to give him shit for not coming to Nebraska to see Earl. And my buddy loved it, how many times does a pro legend call to trash talk you, lol.

And he signed every autograph and hung around and talked to the fans... never a dull moment with Earl in the house

trob

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Earl is Earl.. he loves the game more then anyone . He’s as passionate about it now as he was when he first became a pro. He has problems controlling his emotions. If you don’t like how he acts don’t watch... because it’s obvious he gives 0 ****s what you or anyone thinks lol I love watching him. I love the beauty of watching him play at an all time great level.. and I love watching when he’s struggling and gets unhinged lol