Earl & Shane

streak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I'll try for the third time. Anyone have any idea when the DVD will be available? Each time I inquire I'm told it'll be a couple weeks. I asked the first time MANY MANY weeks ago. If I thought it'd do any good I'd threaten to never. It would be nice to post it for sale before Shane and Earl die of old age.

Reactions: JAM

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Guess I'll try for the third time. Anyone have any idea when the DVD will be available? Each time I inquire I'm told it'll be a couple weeks. I asked the first time MANY MANY weeks ago. If I thought it'd do any good I'd threaten to never. It would be nice to post it for sale before Shane and Earl die of old age.

I hope you don't get attacked for asking a legitimate question.

"CaliRed".

High Def Videos!!!
Silver Member

just curious... what is so important about getting that set in your sweaty little palms that you would get so wound up about it, that you would post 3 times about it?

Is the true identity of the shooter on the grassy knoll in there somewhere?

I'm sure TAR is aware that there is demand for it, and he's responded that he's working on getting it ready to be released... what more can a person expect?

It's important to keep in mind that TAR is a verrrrrry small company. It's also important to note that your probably saw that Justin has been working night and day to open the TAR Studio.

I guess the fact that I work a lot with video, I understand all the time it takes to put together something like that. They don't use Windows Movie Maker to put this stuff together:D

I think you should give him slack and allow him to put together a nice package that meets his standard of approval, whether it takes 2 months or 6 months or whatever. The last thing I would want to do, is to feel like I have to rush something out the door.

On the plus side, since he's not going out on the road so much now, I imagine there will be a little more time to work on these kind of projects.

In the interim... perhaps you would like to learn a little bit more about Justin and TAR while you wait?:smile:

http://www.vimeo.com/22073393

http://www.vimeo.com/22075890

PS: Jam - I trust this doesn't fall under the guise of a attack:smile: More of a informative post to shed some possible theories on the delay.

Last edited:

JAM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
...PS: Jam - I trust this doesn't fall under the guise of a attack:smile: More of a informative post to shed some possible theories on the delay.

I know *you* and am aware that you are a good-hearted person. It seems, though, that when anybody asks a question about delivery, there is most definitely what I term as a so-called "click" that will thereafter attack the interrogatory as if it has no merit.

I realize the product is not time sensitive, but sometimes prospective customers believe they may receive something on a timely basis. They are not thinking about a person being chief cook and bottle washer.

That said, I am chief cook and bottle washer, and if there's anyone who understands the limitations of such an operation, it would be me. :smile:

Rick S.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which match?

They played twice, once on a 9ft table a while back. Shane won. TAR did the broadcast.

The 2nd time (5-6 months ago) they played on the 10 ft table in Ohio. I could be wrong, but don't think TAR did that match. Mike Gulassy has the rights to the video from that match, I'm pretty sure. Try contacting him, if that's the match you want.

Reactions: JAM

mincho

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Which match?

They played twice, once on a 9ft table a while back. Shane won. TAR did the broadcast.

The 2nd time (5-6 months ago) they played on the 10 ft table in Ohio. I could be wrong, but don't think TAR did that match. Mike Gulassy has the rights to the video from that match, I'm pretty sure. Try contacting him, if that's the match you want.

TAR did stream the re-match on the 10 footer, but Gulyassey will have rights to sell the video. I watched the last two days (March 19,20 I believe) so just short of 4 months. Gulyassey is supposed to be selling the video soon (I hope). Watching the match on the 10 footer with tiny pockets was really amazing. Some of us that saw it would love to see other pros battle it out under such conditions.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
DVD's are printed and burned I have to put the covers in the cases and assemble them and they will be ready to go. I'll be in touch with Mike and tomorrow and they should be ready for release in the near future. The first run was 100 sets at 11 discs per set.

There is an issue with the sets that I have been wrestling with and that is that due to the size of the arena we had to use wide angle adaptors on two cameras. On site and during the stream everything looked great but at full resolution on the dvd's there is a small focus issue. On the two cams with the adaptors the image is slightly out of focus. It may not be a big deal to some and some others may not like it. I have to talk to Mike and see what he wants to do with it. I suspect we will sell them for a lower price than we initially decided on.

Here is a pic of the finished discs.

5924082518_f45d2a4126_z.jpg

brandoncook26

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There is an issue with the sets that I have been wrestling with and that is that due to the size of the arena we had to use wide angle adaptors on two cameras. On site and during the stream everything looked great but at full resolution on the dvd's there is a small focus issue. On the two cams with the adaptors the image is slightly out of focus. It may not be a big deal to some and some others may not like it. I have to talk to Mike and see what he wants to do with it. I suspect we will sell them for a lower price than we initially decided on.

Man Justin, that sucks. It was crystal clear on that tv in the room. Sorry it turned out like that. Do you know what made it change like that during production/editing?

Hope you guys get it worked out.

streak

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I checked...my palms aren't sweaty. No ulterior motives. Just wanted to know when the DVD would be available. Six weeks ago I was told that it would be two weeks. I'm just one of those old fogies that believe we should do what we say we will do. Silly ...huh?

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
I checked...my palms aren't sweaty. No ulterior motives. Just wanted to know when the DVD would be available. Six weeks ago I was told that it would be two weeks. I'm just one of those old fogies that believe we should do what we say we will do. Silly ...huh?

Six weeks ago I had no idea I was going to build out a studio from an empty building. Priorities change and in this case the dvd's were one the priorities that gets moved.

I will tell you why I don't kill myself to put out DVD's. Based on past experience a few people will clamor for dvd's and make noise about how long it takes to get them out. So I rearrange everything else and do nothing but get the dvd out. Then 20 of them sell and thats the end of it. There is a reason we haven't had dvd's for sale in about a year. The return on investment in time and money compared to other projects is minimal.

One of the reasons I focused all my efforts over the last month on the studio was it would provide us a location to organize everything and create some processes that would give us a better return on dvd sales and allow me to process the orders properly. In order to do all that I didnt do anything else. TAR is a one man deal in day to day operations. The reality is priorities change and things are always fluid. I do the best I can.

JCIN

TheActionReport.com
Gold Member
Man Justin, that sucks. It was crystal clear on that tv in the room. Sorry it turned out like that. Do you know what made it change like that during production/editing?

Hope you guys get it worked out.

Damned if I know. Only thing I can come up with is it was something with the wide angle adaptors because the third camera is fine. The end result isnt terrible but it is noticeable and I believe in full disclosure when it comes to selling something.

Here is a screenshot of what I am talking about.

5925364762_8bf292cde8_o.png

PaulieB

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Six weeks ago I had no idea I was going to build out a studio from an empty building. Priorities change and in this case the dvd's were one the priorities that gets moved.

I will tell you why I don't kill myself to put out DVD's. Based on past experience a few people will clamor for dvd's and make noise about how long it takes to get them out. So I rearrange everything else and do nothing but get the dvd out. Then 20 of them sell and thats the end of it. There is a reason we haven't had dvd's for sale in about a year. The return on investment in time and money compared to other projects is minimal.

One of the reasons I focused all my efforts over the last month on the studio was it would provide us a location to organize everything and create some processes that would give us a better return on dvd sales and allow me to process the orders properly. In order to do all that I didnt do anything else. TAR is a one man deal in day to day operations. The reality is priorities change and things are always fluid. I do the best I can.

Wow, I really love honest answers, and you can't get more honest than this. It is a business after all, and this lays out exactly what is going on... no BS here!

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
The more I read posts made by Justin, the more I'm convinced he is one of the few things "going right" in pool today.

Justin, you are a class act. I wish you all the success in the world.