Earl Strickland

GoldenFlash

Banned
Maybe...maybe not....

Good luck with that...
1) Ever try to reason with the mentally unstable?
2) There's only a handful of people in the world with the pool skill to pull that off
My idea is to NOT 'reason' with him. Just keep him mad, infuriated, and annoyed....like he does to others.
It don't take a lot of 'pool skill' to do that. Follow him from table to table....he gets back just what he dishes out.
I don't think he has the guts to stand up in the parking lot and slug it out with somebody. Martial arts training, street fighting skills, eye gouging, broken hands, arms, and kneecaps didn't stop being taught to others in the world just because HE was trained in some of that.
Tough guys with mouths and attitudes sooner or later run into someone a whole lot tougher.
(one of the reasons I stay quiet as a mouse at those situations. I am a coward through and through and scared of everyone, but I like to see those who deserve it get their come uppance. Even though I'm a weakling and can't do it myself)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
You keep leaving out the part that players in the NFL that break the rules have to face consequences for their actions. It's not like a player breaks the law, and is immediately allowed back on the field. Shit, Tom Brady is going to be suspended for ALLEGEDLY being involved in "Deflate Gate"

Obviously Earl's antics aren't as bad as most in main stream sports, but you have to look at in a vacuum. Otherwise you could never be upset about anything in your life. Oh, transmission went out in your car. Well at least you weren't in the WTC on 9/11.

I saw a guy get a ball thrown at another player at 100mph, on purpose, and he didn't even get ejected.

I've seen guys spear with their helmets and get a 15 yard penalty, but no fine, no ejection, no nothing.

So, yeah, that would be like earl giving up BIH.... big whoop.

You're very bad at analogies, a transmission has nothing to do with WTC on 911.... but professional athletes and how they behave is pretty similar, and most of them in main stream sports that we all love, watch and support makes BILLIONS with guys that are 100 times worse then Earl who has never even thrown a punch.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I saw a guy get a ball thrown at another player at 100mph, on purpose, and he didn't even get ejected.

I've seen guys spear with their helmets and get a 15 yard penalty, but no fine, no ejection, no nothing.

So, yeah, that would be like earl giving up BIH.... big whoop.

You're very bad at analogies, a transmission has nothing to do with WTC on 911.... but professional athletes and how they behave is pretty similar, and most of them in main stream sports that we all love, watch and support makes BILLIONS with guys that are 100 times worse then Earl who has never even thrown a punch.

Fair enough RJ. I respect your view, but don't necessarily agree with it 100%. However, unlike a certain member of this forum, I don't see the need to continue on when neither side plans on budging.

Till next time :)

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Fair enough RJ. I respect your view, but don't necessarily agree with it 100%. However, unlike a certain member of this forum, I don't see the need to continue on when neither side plans on budging.

Till next time :)

cool. I'm not defending earl as much as what he does is so minor compared to what other do in the popular sports..... heck, I think we all know guys in league who act uncivilized at times, but you know who they are, and you just spank them on the table, over and over again ;)

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Character

Golly g,,,, we keep talking about how other sports and athletes make so much money...
Let's all face some facts:
Here in the beautiful USA we...... the hustlers and characters have developed the image that playing pool is seedy.. period.

Earl is a fabulous player but, all we talk about and remember are his rants and raves. I have honor and respect if he has a mental condition....wish the billiard foundation could help him but,,,,,, there is no USA foundation with medical support funding because of all the seedy history.

Look at Shane Vanboening and some of the other newer younger guns as your new ambassadors. They show class and professionalism, for beyond many of our previous pro colleagues.

Let's change the image of pool and it will grow greater than golf!!!!!

Earl, I love your game and will try to help you all I personnaally can but,,, shut up and just play. We all know you have the skill,,,, and the heart.

GUYS and GALS IN THIS SPORT... we have to change the image of pool, show it the respect and character it deserves. This is a hard sport that takes countless hours of practice and training to get to the top. Not some software cheat code

We all really do pride ourselves on our practice and honor of this beautiful sport...the world just does not know all it takes to play... I personally laugh when I see a 3 point shot and say, really, really, your paid millions of dollars to make that "SPOT SHOT" and miss it..

We pool players would make it.

Last edited:

KRJ

Support UKRAINE
Silver Member
Look at Shane Vanboening and some of the other newer younger guns as your new ambassadors. They show class and professionalism, for beyond many of our previous pro colleagues.

Let's change the image of pool and it will grow greater than golf!!!!!

And not realizing the real problems of pool, and sticking with the entire non sequitur about "professionalism" is what is or has caused the decline in billiards is not helping the case any.

We can fly a 100 nuns into a tournament who can shoot "lights out" and people are not gonna tune in.

Heck, in the Kardashian world in which we live now, and reality TV everywhere, drama sells, and if we can't sell Earl, then it's not "him" that is the problem, it's more likely the game and the myriad of other choices out there that folks can choose with their entertainment dollars imho

calibration

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Why not, not be a Jenner or Kardashian

Why lower ourselves to this 15 minute fame crap.?
The natural game of pool has its own excitements really,

Cut the cheesy and show the classy

Face some facts... if I could see Kim Kardashians ass or Efren running out in 1 pocket,,,, hmmm let me think

You know the answer.

We are not selling sex on tv, that's for our ladies of the WPBA

Last edited:

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
That's it. The BCA basically sold out the game & the Pro Players.

The Brits Honor their Game with Tradition.

The Pro Players allowed themselves to be sold out by not taking control of their own game the way the Professional Golfers did when they formed the PGA of America.

Best Wishes for You & Yours.. & ALL.

your best post ever and perfectly truthful and factual....now here's where its going to go to hell......lol

why do you think Randy and all the guys started the PBIA? It was the BCA program....and the "trade organization" just shuddered it like it did everything else......i guess so they can just orgainize trade ofbooze andcocacola and make money not doing anything....middle maner lol

biggest laugh i ever had at them was that year withing the past ten years....when they said they would be no hall of fame election that year.....when there is no got dam hall of fame...its a fricking web page!

i was like well the cat shoul be clearly out the bag now for any hangerons still dreaming lol

regards,
Keeb'

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
Why lower ourselves to this 15 minute fame crap.?
The natural game of pool has its own excitements really,

Cut the cheesy and show the classy

Face some facts... if I could see Kim Kardashians ass or Efren running out in 1 pocket,,,, hmmm let me think

You know the answer.

We are not selling sex on tv, that's for our ladies of the WPBA

in the words of fast larry...... what "fuggin" woman is selling sex on tv in a WPBA event? Not like its full of a bunch of dimes, by any means....pools not known for beautiful people.....some exceptions but i dont need to pat mysef on the back lmfao...the ladies did that here long ago pahahaha. Even janette lees clothing is run of the mill today by any means lol

greyghost

Coast to Coast
Silver Member
earls issue is mental.....if he's bipolar to the degree mny of us think.....its not like most people where you can just pick and choose to be cool and such....chit doesnt work like that and if you think it does.....come out from under your rock please and learn something about hte real worlld and real issues people go through....i've got some very close friends who suffer from that really bad bad...an is brutal and really hard, and they have a real lack of control at times, and it can be progressive.

Read wimpys book.....i'd bet money if he were alive today....he would be labeled with aspergers........tho totally unrealed to topic, just something i think ive noticed, without ever havving met him and speaking to a few older players over the years.

M.G.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A while ago, Mr. Strickland was and angry, erratic old man who played pool.
Now he's just an old man trying to be angry and erratic and keep his reputation by sometimes wiggling around with training weights.
[End of sarcasm]

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
A while ago, Mr. Strickland was and angry, erratic old man who played pool.
Now he's just an old man trying to be angry and erratic and keep his reputation by sometimes wiggling around with training weights.
[End of sarcasm]

I'd love to see you put your money where your mouth is.
Jason9

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
How can Earl be bad for pool? He has more threads talking about him than anybody else - no such thing as bad publicity:thumbup:

Guys like Earl, McCready, Fats, Alex are the ones EVERYBODY loves to watch. Guys who talk and make the game exciting and get the crowd involved are the ones keeping the game alive for viewers.
Nobody wants to sit in a church and watch mum pool NOBODY!!!
Jason

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
How can Earl be bad for pool? He has more threads talking about him than anybody else - no such thing as bad publicity:thumbup:

Guys like Earl, McCready, Fats, Alex are the ones EVERYBODY loves to watch. Guys who talk and make the game exciting and get the crowd involved are the ones keeping the game alive for viewers.
Jason

You might be a little delusional if you're comparing the entertainment value of Earl to guys like Keith and Alex.

Keith and Alex are entertaining without disrespecting their opponents, the fans, or the game.

Earl is just an asshole. You might want to stick to watching TMZ.

jasonlaus

Rep for Smorg
Silver Member
You might be a little delusional if you're comparing the entertainment value of Earl to guys like Keith and Alex.

Keith and Alex are entertaining without disrespecting their opponents, the fans, or the game.

Earl is just an asshole. You might want to stick to watching TMZ.

You might wanna play me some?

Point is people watch - if you can't understand that you should probably stick with playing 3ball or cutthroat.
Jason

I would also like to see you call Earl that to his face

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You might wanna play me some?

Point is people watch - if you can't understand that you should probably stick with playing 3ball or cutthroat.
Jason

I would also like to see you call Earl that to his face

Challenging me to play because I said you can't compare the entertainment value of Earl to guys like Keith and Alex? Compensating much? Lol.

People would much rather watch someone like Alex because he is actually entertaining. Seems to be you fail to understand the difference between entertainment and a trainwreck.

And I wouldn't just outright call Earl an asshole to his face, but I would if we were playing and he started behaving like one.

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Jason

There most certainly is such a thing as bad publicity. Discussions on this forum do not reach a very large audience, so judging any up tick in mention on here is probably statistically insignificant in the larger picture. People are hesitant to go watch a match were there is a chance one of the players will berate them because he missed a shot. Most of the talk on here is not positive about earls antics. He is a phenomenal player still, we all know this because he tells us this constantly while dogging a match. I understand having competitive fire, but he goes way too far and blames anybody within eye sight for his short comings.

To be certain I think he I'd the second best player I have ever been able to watch play, but his behavior is atrocious.

Last edited:

erhino41

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
If earl were not earl but just some really good player down at the pool room nobody would ever play with him. I have never seen anyone so good at what they do suck so much of the enjoyment out of what they do.

ENGLISH!

Banned
Silver Member

Jason

Some just don't get it.

They want the robots that they are being taught to be.

There is a picture of Y.A. Tittle kneeling on the field with his helmet knocked of exposing his bald head with blood running down his face.

Football is a game where you must hit those that may even be your idle but that does not mean that you lose respect for them.

Every young player that gets to get on a table with Earl should feel honored to be able to do that.

That does not mean that they do not try to kick his butt & wipe the floor with him. But... THAT does not mean that they should be disrespectful to one of the Greatest Players to ever stroke a cue.

Some just don't get it...

& you nor I nor anyone will be able to make them get it on a texting forum site.

All Best Wishes for You & Yours... & All.

Last edited: