Earthquake here...

Keith McCready

Pro Player
I've been working on my book and haven't had a lot of extra time to post. To be quite frank, I read some posts of last month and was very disappointed. So I thought it was for my best interest to go ahead and give it a little breather, and hopefully, the posts will get better.

I don't like to read stuff about me, or any pool player, that is not the truth. Some people have a tendency to take things way out of proportion at times, and rather than respond, I just like to let the fire go out. It's a shame there's a few rotten apples in every barrel, and it makes it bad for the good ones.

I haven't stopped reading the posts, and I do enjoy hearing from folks around the globe, especially my AzBilliards friends.

Attachments

• Keith-2.JPG
    Keith-2.JPG
    10.3 KB · Views: 783
Last edited:

twiztid_cue

Tweak!
Silver Member
Keith,

I have had the pleasure watching you play at valley fordge in march and from what i heard about you wasnt good things. But i never base my opinion on other peoples thoughts. You are a top notch pool player and are a riot to watch on the table. I am looking forward to your book and even more to see see you play again.

jhendri2

Rack'em Sausage
Silver Member
Mr. McCready,

I just wanted to publicly thank you for the gift. I think your a definate asset to professional players and wish more pro's treated their fans as you do.

Good luck with the book, I can't wait to read it!

Jim

bill190

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
In the last year, I have gone from losing most games to winning most games (non-tournament that is).

The change in the way some other players treat me is astounding. They have gone from "hey good friend, let's play a game" to out and out hostility, accusations of not playing fair or cheating (when I ask for specifics, they can't point out anything specific), personal attacks on my character, etc.

I've started noticing that they do this with any top player in my area. One top player is quiet and rarely says a word to anyone. When other players start attacking him by saying what a nasty person he is, etc. I just chuckle to myself. I was there at the same time and did not hear him say anything nasty. He never does say anything nasty and is actually quite friendly. The only thing which happened was that he won the game and they lost the game.

I wonder how the very top players deal with this nonsense. It was difficult for me at first, but I'm getting used to it...

Purdman

Banned
Negativity

Hey Guys, you don't get hit by the tomatoes until you stand up. No one wants to see you get better, have more, or be happy. You know who and what you are. Just keep doing the best you can. The cream always rised to the top. Keith, you are a dam wild man, so am I. If we can't have fun doing it, we will go do something else. Who gives a crap what the " Better Than Thou" freaking do gooders have to say. I like being the prodical son, I know the man loves me. He really don't mind. Don't bury your talents in the sand till daddy gets home. Let that light shine baby.
Your friend, Don P. :cool:

cueball1950

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Donald A. Purdy said:
Hey Guys, you don't get hit by the tomatoes until you stand up. No one wants to see you get better, have more, or be happy. You know who and what you are. Just keep doing the best you can. The cream always rised to the top. Keith, you are a dam wild man, so am I. If we can't have fun doing it, we will go do something else. Who gives a crap what the " Better Than Thou" freaking do gooders have to say. I like being the prodical son, I know the man loves me. He really don't mind. Don't bury your talents in the sand till daddy gets home. Let that light shine baby.
Your friend, Don P. :cool:
well Don, it is just to bad some morons have to even throw the tomatoes. I have known keith since i first met him at the old Bc Open a few years back. Yes he is wild. Yes he is out spoken, but to be asked to be a poster on here and to let peple throw tomatoes at him like they did. Well i for 1 like his posts and wil definately read his book. gotta be more enjoyable than clintons book. see, even i threw a small tomatoes. I guess this is what this free speech thing is all about. but to attack someone you hardly know...not in my life time..................always a friend to keith and jenny......mike

lunchmoney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Keith McCready said:
I've been working on my book and haven't had a lot of extra time to post. To be quite frank, I read some posts of last month and was very disappointed. So I thought it was for my best interest to go ahead and give it a little breather, and hopefully, the posts will get better.

I don't like to read stuff about me, or any pool player, that is not the truth. Some people have a tendency to take things way out of proportion at times, and rather than respond, I just like to let the fire go out. It's a shame there's a few rotten apples in every barrel, and it makes it bad for the good ones.

I haven't stopped reading the posts, and I do enjoy hearing from folks around the globe, especially my AzBilliards friends.

Keith,

Do you have a working title for your book? A projected release date? Sign me up for an autographed copy. I am really looking forward to reading it.

Regards,

Lunchmoney

Bluewolf

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
lunchmoney said:
Keith,

Do you have a working title for your book? A projected release date? Sign me up for an autographed copy. I am really looking forward to reading it.

Regards,

Lunchmoney

So glad you are finding the time to work on your book, keith. I can't wait to buy it.:cool:

Laura

occhaos1

"Chaos"
Hey Keith....

Keith McCready said:

Hey Keith!
Walk down memory lane?

Remember Me? I'm the one who Tused to hang out in Bobs Billiards, in the white '92 camaro who used to follow you and all the pro players players and card players , around Bobs Billiards just to watch you guys play? It's been so long hasn't it? Congrats on all the great things I have heard of late. It takes a real strong person to overcome obstacles and that is what they are, merely obstacles. I myself have battled some demons, done my time and payed my debts to society. WHAT DOESN'T KILL US WILL ONLY MAKE US STRONGER! Thinking back to those days, I was heading in a downward spiral living on the edge and trying to grow up too fast playing with the BIG DOGS! I'll never forget those times (Good and Bad) you and Jeff P. (ugh!) or Steve (lived in orange) would give me lessons. The trip to Vegas, with Jeff and you for that Teams tourney. That was something else! Well the news that you made such a fantastic turn around is awesome. I, myself hit a wrong turn there for a minute and what I missed most was the game. But I am working now and doing things the right way. I guess we all go through a "phase" its just great to see people who have wonderful gifts, such as yourself and your game, find their way back. That whole Jeff-Monty phase for me was a learning experience. Boy was it! Anyway, I have wasted a few too manypool playing years on stupid crazy shitand I want it back now. I am in my second season in the APA. First league I have ever been on. The first 2 game sets of 1st season I lost. It was the pressure I think of competition. After all, in the old days I watched you guys play the stakes at bobs & aloha and never got into playing myself except for recreational reasons. But I am in the 4th game of my second season and after those 1st 2 sets, I haven't lost a match yet. Pretty soon I'll be a "6" Anyway I really wanted to say Hi and congrats and let you know that you were an icon then for me, and even more so now, with your great return to where you have always belonged. If you and your lady ever hit OC for a Tourney or simply to hit the table, I'd love some pointers, and maybe some critique'. I do have 2 small requests... I have a Billiard collection and would love an autographed photo, cue ball, or anything to put in my collection. And a copy of the book or when and where I can purchase it and if you will sign it?

Take Care!
Tara V.

Attachments

• tara1.jpg
    tara1.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 746
Last edited:

occhaos1

"Chaos"
twiztid_cue said:
Keith,

I have had the pleasure watching you play at valley fordge in march and from what i heard about you wasnt good things. But i never base my opinion on other peoples thoughts. You are a top notch pool player and are a riot to watch on the table. I am looking forward to your book and even more to see see you play again.

Twiztid_cue
(Tweak!) :eek:

I met Keith about 13 yrs ago. I was 19 yrs old and I have never seen or known anyone who loved this game more then he does. I am 31 , today, as a matter of fact, and watching him play is something I can only hope to see again. Not everyone is perfect. I am sure you yourself, as do I, have some skeletons. Respectfully I can only speak for myself, I made some wrong choices inmy life, as we all do , we are after all, only human. And its a growing and learning excperience. But the past is the past! And it should stay there. The only real authority and judge of Keith is Keith himself. Its great that you say that you don't base your opinion on others. Make your own INFORMED decision about a person is what I always say. If I had a choice, to learn, watch, or play with any of these players in this game, Keith would be the one. His game and skill are unsurpassable, his love for the game is admirable and his energy is unbelievable. I learned alot from him in my beginner days. I owe my ability to break and run to him with the english lessons he gave me so very long ago. Anyway, just thought I'd add my 2 cents...LOL hope it wasn't out of line.

Rack Em'
Tara

jkjerry

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Here, Here Tara,

Keith thanks for the update. Sorry some folks just have to spoil such a good thing as having you on this board more regularly.

Good Luck with the book. I will be getting a copy when it comes out.

See ya, Jerry

Keith McCready

Pro Player
occhaos1 said:
Remember Me? I'm the one who Tused to hang out in Bobs Billiards ... around Bobs Billiards just to watch you guys play? ... I'll never forget those times (Good and Bad) you and Jeff P. (ugh!) or Steve (lived in orange) would give me lessons ... I have a Billiard collection and would love an autographed photo, cue ball, or anything to put in my collection. And a copy of the book or when and where I can purchase it and if you will sign it?

Tara, Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you are doing well on the league. Keep on practicing, find your "feels" and work with your stroke with the "feels."

I haven't seen Jeff since our era. It doesn't seem like it's been 17 years since I was over there. As you know, I have been traveling off and on since then. You know how the gambling is. I'm sure you saw enough of it when you were around me.

I sure miss Bob's Billiards. That was my favorite hangout. It seemed ilke there was always action there. I wish they had a pool room like that in every State. I might be rich by now. ;)

I miss all of our scotch double games. They don't play much scotch doubles out here, but I've introduced it to them a little bit and they sort of seem to like it.

Tara, please e-mail me your address. It would my pleasure to give you an autographed picture. I'm hoping to make it out to Orange County soon to see everybody again. I really do appreciate your kind words and taking me back on memory lane. Those sure were the good old days.

Keep on doing well with your game, and when I get out that way, I'll let you know I'm coming. It would be great to cut up and remember some of the old times.

Your friend,
Keith

occhaos1

"Chaos"
Keith McCready said:
Tara, Happy Birthday to you! Sounds like you are doing well on the league. Keep on practicing, find your "feels" and work with your stroke with the "feels."

I haven't seen Jeff since our era. It doesn't seem like it's been 17 years since I was over there. As you know, I have been traveling off and on since then. You know how the gambling is. I'm sure you saw enough of it when you were around me.

I sure miss Bob's Billiards. That was my favorite hangout. It seemed ilke there was always action there. I wish they had a pool room like that in every State. I might be rich by now. ;)

I miss all of our scotch double games. They don't play much scotch doubles out here, but I've introduced it to them a little bit and they sort of seem to like it.

Tara, please e-mail me your address. It would my pleasure to give you an autographed picture. I'm hoping to make it out to Orange County soon to see everybody again. I really do appreciate your kind words and taking me back on memory lane. Those sure were the good old days.

Keep on doing well with your game, and when I get out that way, I'll let you know I'm coming. It would be great to cut up and remember some of the old times.

Your friend,
Keith

:cool: Keith
I tried to email you but you have email options turned off. Anyway, I am so glad you remember! I'll never forget those days. I don't think any of you really knew how much I enjoyed learning the game from all of you. I was young but with a mean ass stroke. I look back now and say to myself, " I played Scotch doubles with Keith McCre4ady! Whoa!" Its amazing isn't it? I was down for 2 yrs mixed myself up in an even more worse crowd then the one I ran with in Anaheim. Got into some things that I am not so proud of but I did my time and its been a clean,straight,and sober 2 yrs. After the Monty/ Jeff, use the cute girl with the nice car and the money era (haha), I strayed to a lifestyle that was headed for disaster. Years went by, I played here and there mostly small local bars in between business deals, but I missed it so very much. I was simply STUCK! It has been at least since 1992 that I actually took the game and my playing seriously. Luckily for me, I was oung when I picked up that first cue. Remember right before Bob passed, He gave me a custom cue case with my name on it? I held onto that for so long. I was devastated when I lost it. All those nights that I escaped form the disfunction of my young home life, to hang out and watch some of the best at their best was a huge part in my Love for this game. The way all of you, much older then me, took me under your wings and taught me so much. Every day I went there (19yrs old) Just a Pup, hung out with Toby and Bob, and his youngest son. The fun trips to HardTimes, Watching Efren play. Watching you and trying to figure out the Hustle, and exactly when the switch up happened, paying close attention and just amazed at your ability to play the game and make the bank. Oh and the guy in the white Fiero, I couldn't wait for him to pick up a cue. And then big Mark, the one who opened the place in Lake Forest? I never really made friends with reyes or parica when you guys played and they would never remember me, but I knew you would. After Bob passed and Little Bobby took over, it just collapsed. Aside from the Anaheim slime that Pool Hall is a historical place for me. I have so many memories of that place oh and the Race Track. Nothing like hanging with the BIG DOGS!!! Anyway, Please look me up when you get into town. I need some lessons and tips!! If you pull up[ my profile in here all my Instant messages are listed and I work M-F 7-4pm PST (of course) So hit me up and I will try and Private message you from this forum and send my address and info.

Take Care and I look forward to trying to whoop your ass on the table!!
Just In Case: occhaos1@yahoo.com :D

Attachments

• MVC-685crop.jpg
    MVC-685crop.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 676
Last edited:
C

chokenstroke

Keith McCready said:

We all have our faults, Keith, but some (like you) are blessed with a talent. You have paid your dues twice and accomplished more than 90% of what most pool players can only dream of. I bet if they could only walk a few miles in your shoes they would gain instant respect for who you are and what you have done. I think there is still some damm good pro level pool left in you so dont lose direction just because of the jelious ones that like to throw tomatoes. Follow your dream and listen to your heart. Now go teach that Kid Delicious how a real pro plays pool.

Keith McCready

Pro Player
chokenstroke said:
We all have our faults, Keith, but some (like you) are blessed with a talent. You have paid your dues twice and accomplished more than 90% of what most pool players can only dream of. I bet if they could only walk a few miles in your shoes they would gain instant respect for who you are and what you have done. I think there is still some damm good pro level pool left in you so dont lose direction just because of the jelious ones that like to throw tomatoes. Follow your dream and listen to your heart. Now go teach that Kid Delicious how a real pro plays pool.

Thanks for the your kind thoughts, Cokenstroke. It seems like when I do get up there and play good, I usually win. The consistency is the hardest part nowadays. I guess if I got to play a little bit more, things would get better.

Danny's got a unique style, and he is very hard to beat for the money. I'm wishing him the very best over there in Taiwan. Let's hope he brings that cup back to the U.S.

yobagua

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Hey Keith your significant other Jenny is posting great stuff over at the one pocket website. Please come over and join us. There is a great interview with your old buddy RA. Just good people interested in the great game of one pocket.