eBay seller caution!

mrparks

Registered
Beware of this person on eBay. He sold me a cue that turned out to be a very convincing fake. He won't answer any messages after several attempts made.
1639523653456.png

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beware of this person on eBay. He sold me a cue that turned out to be a very convincing fake. He won't answer any messages after several attempts made.
View attachment 619921
How did you pay for it? you have recourse at Ebay if its a fake. you didn't use ppal f&f did you? one tip: when most of a person's stuff is cheap sunglasses i wouldn't even think of buying an expensive cue from him. i looked him up and all saw was cheap glasses and other asst'd crap.

mrparks

Registered
How did you pay for it? you have recourse at Ebay if its a fake. you didn't use ppal f&f did you?
It's already past the deadline to file a complaint with them. Since he's ignoring my messages I'm just going to put him on blast and make everyone else aware. Thanks.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
It's already past the deadline to file a complaint with them. Since he's ignoring my messages I'm just going to put him on blast and make everyone else aware. Thanks.
How long did have it? When did you learn it was fake? Sounds kinda weird.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not a Bludworth guy. What makes this a fake? Did you add the wrap? Never seen one with leather.

mrparks

Registered
What is it alleged to be?

After 3 months, what convinced you that it’s fake?
It was advertised as an Ebony Leonard Bludworth cue. Upon closer inspection by another individual, it appears that it’s possibly Maple or another type of wood that’s been painted black and clearcoated. In the butt There are some very faint lines underneath that looks like it had some sort of inlays and they were covered up with the paint and clearcoat. The joint collar also appears to have been replaced. The wood inside the joint collar is not Ebony. I thought it was just wood material inside the joint collar. If anyone has any helpful information on this I’d greatly appreciate it.

Duane Remick

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
It was advertised as an Ebony Leonard Bludworth cue. Upon closer inspection by another individual, it appears that it’s possibly Maple or another type of wood that’s been painted black and clearcoated. In the butt There are some very faint lines underneath that looks like it had some sort of inlays and they were covered up with the paint and clearcoat. The joint collar also appears to have been replaced. The wood inside the joint collar is not Ebony. I thought it was just wood material inside the joint collar. If anyone has any helpful information on this I’d greatly appreciate it.
THE RED DOT CUES-
WERE MADE BY LEONARD'S SON DONALD
THE LEONARD BLUDWORTH CUES
BLUDWORTH ORIGINALS
HAVE A FANCY "B" INSIDE OF AN O
BLUDWORTH ORIGINALS IN THE BUTT CAP

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
It could be cored, and it could be ebonized. The shaft wood looks like very fine quality maple

mrparks

Registered
THE RED DOT CUES-
WERE MADE BY LEONARD'S SON DONALD
THE LEONARD BLUDWORTH CUES
BLUDWORTH ORIGINALS
HAVE A FANCY "B" INSIDE OF AN O
BLUDWORTH ORIGINALS IN THE BUTT CAP
Not true. Red dot cues were made by Leonard from the beginning up until early 2000’s. The circle “B” logo was on cues Leonard made just before he retired.

TheBasics

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
mrparks, Howdy;

You might want to find one of the folks that Leonard 'helped'/mentored while they were
coming up. On of them may decied to help you authenticate it. One would be his son
Donald. Like what some folks do with their Gus cues. Might cost a few bucks or not. They
know what it is they are looking at. I was able to get Leonard to authenticate mine for me
a few years before he passed.

hank

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few points:

Ebony has grain and often times light streaks.

An inlay cue would have more value than a plain Ebony.

Could be Brazilian rosewood which I think is just as valuable.

As suggested above, it could be cored.

They did a lot of hidden points and inlays, like floating ebony points into an ebony forear.

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A few points:

Ebony has grain and often times light streaks.

An inlay cue would have more value than a plain Ebony.

Could be Brazilian rosewood which I think is just as valuable.

As suggested above, it could be cored.

They did a lot of hidden points and inlays, like floating ebony points into an ebony forear.

Correct. Macassar ebony has grain in it. There is also white ebony(which this isn’t) that has a marbled look. Many people hear “ebony” and think jet black. Gabon ebony is the black ebony. I am not saying the cue is legit, but it seems to me that if someone was gonna try to counterfeit a cue, they would do it for something more expensive than a Bludworth. From what I see it looks like a Bludworth.

mrparks

Registered
More pics. You be the judge.

Attachments

• 78E44581-3597-419B-8B51-3D99BE9DF7EB.jpeg
    78E44581-3597-419B-8B51-3D99BE9DF7EB.jpeg
    108.3 KB · Views: 160
  • 549A7144-1597-4A16-B29B-74B7E0D23DB1.jpeg
    549A7144-1597-4A16-B29B-74B7E0D23DB1.jpeg
    77.3 KB · Views: 157
  • 6A2DB754-B6E8-4023-B736-93CC6DC5AC7C.jpeg
    6A2DB754-B6E8-4023-B736-93CC6DC5AC7C.jpeg
    127.6 KB · Views: 159

subdude1974

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yea, that doesn’t look like it is ebony. Can’t see the inlay aspect of your claim. Not busting your balls, but how did you not see that at the joint? How is your PayPal setup? Was it paid with a debit or credit card? If credit card, then file a claim with the credit card company and bypass PayPal. If debit, I would contact your bank and see if they can do something.

mrparks

Registered
Yea, that doesn’t look like it is ebony. Can’t see the inlay aspect of your claim. Not busting your balls, but how did you not see that at the joint? How is your PayPal setup? Was it paid with a debit or credit card? If credit card, then file a claim with the credit card company and bypass PayPal. If debit, I would contact your bank and see if they can do something.
In normal lighting, even on a pool table, it wasn't noticeable. The lines on the butt are very faint and hard to photograph. It looks like there were rings around it and windows in the center that have been covered up.