Efren

lfigueroa

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
68, undefeated, down to the last three at the Derby.

Win or lose at this point perhaps, particularly when heaped on top of his already incredible record, one of the greatest accomplishments in our sport.

Lou Figueroa

WobblyStroke

I just hope he can hold up with the amount of matches he had to play today. The match against Alex was mentally draining.
Yes, this is the big worry. Dan Harrington, pro poker player, had a fantastic line about the difficulties in playing well in long sessions and how he has to play a style that fits his energy level. His line (as a man in his 60s): "I've got the energy of a 21 year old....for 3 hours a day."

Hopefully Efren doesn't run out of gas.

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha! Thought there was beef brewin for a sec there. Then saw that sometimes ppl have heated exchanges with themselves while dwellin in a basement.
I remember Buddy Hall once saying, while doing commentary, "It's okay to talk to yourself. It's even okay to answer yourself. You just can't answer by saying, huh???"

Words to live by there.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Efren really is the most entertaining, mentally amazing player in my lifetime by a LONG stretch. I've just never seen anything like him and enjoy watching him all through his career on youtube. There is something to learn in his every turn at the table. I wish him the very best.
Back in the mid 80's a real good player(came in 9th one year at the U.S. open)told me that Efren did things with the cue ball he had never seen before.

measureman

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I watched him from tableside about four matches in '07. Some of the shit he put on the cb borders on sorcery.
Put some horns on him and he's the devil

1674866069081.png

dquarasr

Registered
I posted this earlier today on a pool group in Facebook:

If I could take one thing from Efren, just one thing, it wouldn’t be CB control, or shotmaking, or fundamentals, or strategy, or…..

It would be his ability to smile and get over a bad shot. If only I could be as gracious. Sigh.

Ken_4fun

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For you Efren fans, I recommend the Efren verses Jason Miller in the One Pocket Finals video at Accu-Stats. I was there and I couldnt believe and had to buy the DVD.

Jason had been playing incredible all week and several thought he was going to snap the tournament off. In the finals Efren beats Jason 3 straight games in 45 minutes. It was the best one pocket I have ever seen before or after.

People can talk about Tony, Alex or Dennis but NONE of them would have a chance with Efren in his prime. Today, Efren's big handicap is distance. If he is only playing from 1/2 the table he is tough to beat. Smart players make him shoot long shots.

Ken

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Robin Bell, Some Guy Who Looks Like Orcollo, Buddy Hall, Possible K McReady right behind Efren, and don't know his buddy on the right.