Electrostatic Cloths for removing chalk from bed of table.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Does anyone use electrostatic cloth to remove chalk from the table cloth?

Would you mind telling us how successful you were in using it or not and what brand, size, material you were using and where you purchased it.

Thanks,
JoeyA
 
You mean like X1? I think any microfiber cloth becomes naturally statically from the wiping motion.
 
Is X1 an electrostatic/microfiber cloth?
thanks,

It's not a cloth, but yes, it's electrostatic. And it works. I received one as a gift and it is the only way that I will clean my cloth. Just be aware that it only works on worsted cloth. It is a bit pricey @ $90 or so, but having received it as a gift, I have to say I'm damn satisfied with the results.
 
It's not a cloth, but yes, it's electrostatic. And it works. I received one as a gift and it is the only way that I will clean my cloth. Just be aware that it only works on worsted cloth. It is a bit pricey @ $90 or so, but having received it as a gift, I have to say I'm damn satisfied with the results.

Thanks!

JoeyA
 
I use microfiber cloths that were bought at Walmart by my wife. With a tiny bit of water they seem to lift a lot of the chalk off the table. I wouldn't get the expensive ones.
 
On the subject of electrostatics, has anyone ever tried just running an inflated balloon over their table to see if it removes the chalk dust?
 
I use microfiber cloths that were bought at Walmart by my wife. With a tiny bit of water they seem to lift a lot of the chalk off the table. I wouldn't get the expensive ones.

I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't use water on a cloth to wipe your table because it will make a paste of the chalk.
 
I thought I read somewhere that you shouldn't use water on a cloth to wipe your table because it will make a paste of the chalk.

all the rooms out here use a ringed out cloth to clean tables, does not hurt them at all
just make sure its not dripping wet
 
Cleaning with a damp cloth accomplishes the end result, but its a different method (not by electrostatic attraction).

all the rooms out here use a ringed out cloth to clean tables, does not hurt them at all
just make sure its not dripping wet
 
Imagination funning wild......

Cleaning with a damp cloth accomplishes the end result, but its a different method (not by electrostatic attraction).

I know if Black-Balled has anything to say about my imagination, he will point out that it is only going to get me into trouble. :p However, I have to imagine that while using damp cloths is a method of removing chalk from the table cloths, it has to PUSH some of the chalk beneath the cloth and if the chalk gets damp, it has to become cake or paste at least until it dries, then it just becomes a road bump in the path of the balls on the table. I've used damp cloths myself and it seems to work pretty good but my imagination is getting stimulated.
 
You are funning wild, for sure.

I know if Black-Balled has anything to say about my imagination, he will point out that it is only going to get me into trouble. :p However, I have to imagine that while using damp cloths is a method of removing chalk from the table cloths, it has to PUSH some of the chalk beneath the cloth and if the chalk gets damp, it has to become cake or paste at least until it dries, then it just becomes a road bump in the path of the balls on the table. I've used damp cloths myself and it seems to work pretty good but my imagination is getting stimulated.
 
Even Pool Players Can Benefit From An Education

Cloth is wool and perhaps some synthetic. Water won't hurt it.

As for water and chalk, when you were in school (those of you who did go to school), after cleaning the blackboard with brushes you wiped it down with a damp cloth. :D

One of the benefits of the X-1, from my experience, is that the charge is sufficient to eventually get all the chalk out of a poorly maintained table that had never been vacuumed. FWIW
 
From Simonis' website:

The cloth can also be wiped with a damp (not wet) clean towel. This should only be done after the table has been vacuumed otherwise the dampness may cause the chalk dust to clump together (think of it as adding water to dry clay). Once the dampness has evaporated, a quick brushing is all you will need before playing as moisture will cause the fibers in the cloth to stand up and a quick brushing will smooth things out.
 
I usually lightly vaccuum my table and then use the ringed out microfiber cloth to finish the cleaning. After it is done I wait a couple hours to play on it so it can completely dry, I don't use much water on the cloth anyways but better to be safe.
 
Back
Top