Engles Custom Cases

Hunter

The King of Memes
Silver Member
After he left the casemaking business, he worked on a merchant marine ship for a year or so. I guess he left that because the ship he was on was having a lot of trouble with the same pirates off the coast of Somalia that are just now getting some notoriety in the press.

The last I heard, he is selling real estate somewhere in Belize or St. Thomas. I guess he has plans to put in a resort and a golf course, but I haven't heard if that's ever transpired.

He was a pretty colorful and legendary figure in the Pool World. Not many know that he is a chess Grandmaster, or that he was an awesome farm league ball player (shortstop) that just never quite made it to the major league.

I know that some didn't think so highly of Sam, but a lot of folks have problems with some of the people that had problems with Sam. He always treated me real well and was always quite the gentleman. I wish he'd get back to doing cases, but I wish him all the best in his endeavors...

Steve

hangemhigh

Known Sinner
Silver Member
Hunter said:
After he left the casemaking business, he worked on a merchant marine ship for a year or so. I guess he left that because the ship he was on was having a lot of trouble with the same pirates off the coast of Somalia that are just now getting some notoriety in the press.

The last I heard, he is selling real estate somewhere in Belize or St. Thomas. I guess he has plans to put in a resort and a golf course, but I haven't heard if that's ever transpired.

He was a pretty colorful and legendary figure in the Pool World. Not many know that he is a chess Grandmaster, or that he was an awesome farm league ball player (shortstop) that just never quite made it to the major league.

I know that some didn't think so highly of Sam, but a lot of folks have problems with some of the people that had problems with Sam. He always treated me real well and was always quite the gentleman. I wish he'd get back to doing cases, but I wish him all the best in his endeavors...

Steve

I heard he was starting a new poker site, collaborating with Mike Sexton. Supposed to be backed by some guy named Madoff.