Entry/mid level low deflection cue

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The tip placement is not correct. They shouldn't arrive at the same spot. The middle cue might miscue and the left cue for sure will. I see the point but if Identical tip contact is requisite, you are wrong.
Wrong again (you’re batting 1,000). You’re making the common mistake of measuring tip offset from the perspective of the cue’s angle - it’s really always measured from the perspective of the cue's force vector including squirt (parallel with the CB’s direction of travel).

If you actually want to learn something you should probably ask questions rather than making uninformed pronouncements (and then stubbornly denying reality when corrected).

pj
chgo

Last edited:

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wrong again (you’re batting 1,000). You’re making the common mistake of measuring tip offset from the perspective of the cue’s angle - it’s really always measured from the perspective of the CB’s direction of travel (parallel with.the tip’s force vector).

If you actually want to learn something you should probably ask questions rather than making uninformed pronouncements (and then stubbornly denying reality when corrected).

pj
chgo

Now you're inventing reality. You don't like being wrong do you? I realize it's just a diagram and not perfectly scaled but right off the bat, the shooters are in three distinctly different positions, all aiming at the same point on the ball. The two to the left are looking at miscues.

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
The two to the left are looking at miscues.
Still wrong. The CB's center for purposes of measuring miscue limit is the same for all three cues - because of their identical force vectors, as I said before (and you didn't try to understand).

When you stop stubbornly defending your errors and start actually thinking about what's said to you, maybe you'll learn something.

pj <- not holding my breath
chgo

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Blah blah. The diagram of your contention is unshootable. You do realize this shot requires a fair amount of cue speed right?

iusedtoberich

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Again as the OP I'm thinking I may just start with a discoutinued mid/low end Pechauer cue with an SD shaft, then buy an LD shaft as my game progresses.

Any time a question about a low squirt shaft is asked, the thread will always transform to low squirt vs normal squirt shafts. Welcome:)

Pechauer has a good rep. Cheapest new custom cue is from Schmelke.

If you ever buy a used low squirt shaft, ask the seller directly if it has the original ferrule. That's the main part of the low squirt, and sometimes they are replaced and then not as low squirt.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Any time a question about a low squirt shaft is asked, the thread will always transform to low squirt vs normal squirt shafts. Welcome:)

Pechauer has a good rep. Cheapest new custom cue is from Schmelke.

If you ever buy a used low squirt shaft, ask the seller directly if it has the original ferrule. That's the main part of the low squirt, and sometimes they are replaced and then not as low squirt.

I had the ferrule effect explained to me as I tested a custom LD. It's still a vague spec. I get as far as the cue deflects instead of the ball facilitated by half the plastic at the front. :D