Ever skunked a while tournament?

center pocket

It's just a hobby, but a fun one.
Silver Member
So I played at a local bar table 9 ball tournament and won big. It was race to 3 double elimination with 24 players. I skunked the whole tournament including a couple of good local players. I consider it a pretty decent achievement because it is nine ball and a short race too. My final score was 15 games to 0.

cbaf0753b2ac4fd820cb15f08964aa4e.jpg

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
Congratulations! That is quite a good feat. Keep up the hard work, it must be paying off.

center pocket

Silver Member
Thank you, I credit my win to practicing a lot more safety play. It was amazing how many more games I won by not giving up the table due to weak safeties or risky shots.

Ty-Tanic

Ty-Tanic Makes U Panic
Silver Member
That is one thing I have been practicing more myself as well. Unless I know the speed of the player and what he is capable of, its safe play all the way. Slow and steady wins the race.

center pocket

Silver Member
I made several break n runs too, but if I didn't have a shot I was not risking ANYTHING

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have done it a couple times, but I really had no business playing with those people. It was like a running race against a toddler.

Cornerman

Cue Author...Sometimes
Gold Member
Silver Member
So I played at a local bar table 9 ball tournament and won big. It was race to 3 double elimination with 24 players. I skunked the whole tournament including a couple of good local players. I consider it a pretty decent achievement because it is nine ball and a short race too. My final score was 15 games to 0.

I'm going to guess that a whole bunch of us have.

Really. (I should note that any single-game DE 8-ball bar tourney that are prevalent across the U.S. has about a 50% chance that the winner doesn't lose a game).

Freddie <~~~ skunker of dozens of whole tournaments

P.s. - your accomplishment is amazing. Mine - not so amazing

Last edited:

ShortBusRuss

Short Bus Russ - C Player
Silver Member
Eh..... I'll take the 5 and the breaks, sir..

No, Seriously... I will take the 5 and the breaks.

Short Bus Russ - C Player

ShootingArts

Smorg is giving St Peter the 7!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Nice!

Congratulations! Always nice.

Hu

alphadog

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
congrats to you.I once had beaten 4 players 3-0 in barbox 8ball.loser breaks!3 of the 4 were good players. I commented that I hadnt lost a game:eek:Wrong thing to say. I got beat 0-3 for the hill and 0-3 for 3rd.:frown:

DRW

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Skunk

Thank you, I credit my win to practicing a lot more safety play. It was amazing how many more games I won by not giving up the table due to weak safeties or risky shots.
Way to go Evan. Is that Paul's Pub? Where is the Rippel kid these days?

macguy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

I think I have done that a few times in places I slipped in.
I usually was not welcome back though.