Ex-NewYorker in the 'Burbs - Help!

JDog_1

Registered
After 10 yrs in NYC, playing in leagues at Amsterdam Billiards and Corner Billiards, my wife and I moved to Greenwich CT.
The pro: I bought a 9 footer for my house; The cons: No one to play with!

I was so spoiled in the city to be walking distance from Broadway and Corner Billiards and 10 min subway ride to Amsterdam. How do I find players to match up with out here? I'm a C-/D+ player, no great shakes but I can only do drills for so long. Are there any online resources to find other players in the area? Closest ph is RackNRoll in Stamford but am not a fan of the crowd. Closest league 40 min away.
Sorry to rant as obviously people have greater problems in life. But any suggestions?

Snapshot9

son of 3 leg 1 eye dog ..
Silver Member
Just make ...

an Open challenge to anyone for a 5K per set match at your house

and give your address ...... good luck in the matches ... lol

Nostroke

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
JDog_1 said:
After 10 yrs in NYC, playing in leagues at Amsterdam Billiards and Corner Billiards, my wife and I moved to Greenwich CT.
The pro: I bought a 9 footer for my house; The cons: No one to play with!

I was so spoiled in the city to be walking distance from Broadway and Corner Billiards and 10 min subway ride to Amsterdam. How do I find players to match up with out here? I'm a C-/D+ player, no great shakes but I can only do drills for so long. Are there any online resources to find other players in the area? Closest ph is RackNRoll in Stamford but am not a fan of the crowd. Closest league 40 min away.
Sorry to rant as obviously people have greater problems in life. But any suggestions?

What type of 9 footer did u buy?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
The solution is so obvious I can't believe you didn't think of it yourself. Move back.

Remember, the only difference between Greenwich and Greenwich Village is the word "Village."

JDog_1

Registered
Nostroke said:
What type of 9 footer did u buy?

Peter Vitalie 9' Worthy . nice table.
Yeah, I know going back to NY makes most sense .

Irony is that you wait 10 yrs to finally have the room for a pool table, then you realize there's no one to shoot with.

boradriver

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Action has a two day event next weekend, you should take the ride and check it out. PM me if you want more information.

Jude Rosenstock

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
sjm said:
The solution is so obvious I can't believe you didn't think of it yourself. Move back.

Remember, the only difference between Greenwich and Greenwich Village is the word "Village."

LOLOL, SJM I was going to say the exact same thing! I know someone who can find this guy an apartment in minutes! What's the problem?

JDog_1

Registered
Jude Rosenstock said:
LOLOL, SJM I was going to say the exact same thing! I know someone who can find this guy an apartment in minutes! What's the problem?

Yeah, my wife would prefer that also but work forced the move. Would rather be in city playing thurs night league at ABC (I actually beat you playing as a D+ a few seasons back; luck of the clueless).

Williebetmore

Member, .25% Club
Silver Member
JDog_1 said:

JDog,
Ignore all that ridiculous advice to move back to NYC. You need to move immediately to Indianapolis - I have a similar problem.