exactly 2 months & 23 days later my full table restoration is complete.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disclaimer: I am not a table mechanic, I never claimed to be one. I will not show all my work because I am sure it was done wrong or I already recognize what I did wrong. With this project came a new respect for those who actually are table mechanics, I am not good but I am good enough to know what is hack work looks like and trust me, I have seen my share; and those who do it well, you are gifts from above!

Some called me crazy, some said they started a restoration project years ago and they rarely work on it. But I bought a table on Marketplace for next to nothing and knew I wanted to completely restore it to my liking. And the best part, the table was in my possession for over a month when I realized, it was Pro/oversized 8' which is my dream table size. And I have full stick room even with my long 64" cue. Also, I plan to build a custom light but it may be months before that gets done and I wanted to share my a hard work. So a dim ceiling fan light is what I will play with until that day comes.

Rather than post all the pics individually I uploaded them to an Imgur album.

Constructive criticism allowed.

https://imgur.com/a/jejdliu

1z3XmIz.jpg

tj7F0NJ.jpg

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Beautiful workmanship!

You'll know better than anyone by how the table plays. If the table plays up to your expectations, you did it right.

tjlmbklr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Beautiful workmanship!

You'll know better than anyone by how the table plays. If the table plays up to your expectations, you did it right.
thanks, I'm a little regretting of not purchasing a Simonis cloth but it wasn't really in the budget since the table was already starting to cost me a lot of money and other household projects were taking precedence. in the end based off of many suggestions I went with ProForm by proline. It's a 23 Oz blend unlike 21oz like simonis so it's definitely not as fast. But it was $150 cheaper.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

AlexandruM

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great journey to have your table done. You have skills and table looks great.
How thick are the pocket facings?

One month ago I changed facings on my table (put new 5mm, instead of old 3mm), now my table plays very good, no more rattled balls.

born2push

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Disclaimer: I am not a table mechanic, I never claimed to be one. I will not show all my work because I am sure it was done wrong or I already recognize what I did wrong. With this project came a new respect for those who actually are table mechanics, I am not good but I am good enough to know what is hack work looks like and trust me, I have seen my share; and those who do it well, you are gifts from above!

Some called me crazy, some said they started a restoration project years ago and they rarely work on it. But I bought a table on Marketplace for next to nothing and knew I wanted to completely restore it to my liking. And the best part, the table was in my possession for over a month when I realized, it was Pro/oversized 8' which is my dream table size. And I have full stick room even with my long 64" cue. Also, I plan to build a custom light but it may be months before that gets done and I wanted to share my a hard work. So a dim ceiling fan light is what I will play with until that day comes.

Rather than post all the pics individually I uploaded them to an Imgur album.

Constructive criticism allowed.

https://imgur.com/a/jejdliu

1z3XmIz.jpg

tj7F0NJ.jpg
Did you make any changes to pocket sizes? What brand is this table? Curious as to why you chose black. I like the natural wood grain look. It shows more with a brown stain. I opted for Championship tournament edition cloth. Not as fast as Somonis but close and some say more durable.

Sent from my SM-A205U using Tapatalk