fake joss on ebay

devorator

Ipoolmyheart@thetable
Silver Member
Rating - 99.2%
127   1   1
Nice catch

Indeed is a fake. The joint is a Fury quick release or similar.
Joss would ever ever ever, I mean never do something like that:)))

Good catch Jef, helpful!!

Chris

worktheknight

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
160   0   0
The answer from Dan Janes himself

" Chuck,
There is nothing about these cues or shafts that are from me.
All Chinese
I would not put a sticker like this on my shaft.
Dan "

Last edited:

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Indeed is a fake. The joint is a Fury quick release or similar.
Joss would ever ever ever, I mean never do something like that:)))

Good catch Jef, helpful!!

Chris

I wonder if its the same company that makes the Fury line cues?

JV

RyanTheImpaler

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Well what would you know....

I thought that the seller's name sounded familiar so I searched the forum and what would you know. If anybody has the number for Joss, call their office and inform them immediately that there is a fake cue with the Joss name on it. They are the only ones that can claim a counterfeit product being sold, even if it is NOW declared as being "fake", it still exhibits a name protected under copyright.

Here is another cue (Schon) that was counterfeit and being sold with the connection of champion9billiard as a seller.
http://forums.azbilliards.com/showthread.php?t=291262&highlight=champion9billiard

Last edited:

jmf041

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
35   0   0
that cue looks like a lucasi hybid.
There was a guy at regionals shooting with a cue that looks identical Im pretty sure it said joss on it but it very well could have been lucasi.

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0
No sir, I don't think so. Fury won't risk a trial with Dan...I guess:)))

I agree it is unlikely Fury, the brand name...but that isn't what was said. It was suggested it was the same factory. I think that is in fact possible.

These have been around for a while and discussed here before. It might seem amazing that anybody falls for it but remember that there are a heck of a lot more people playing pool that know little or nothing about cues than people who play pool and do know much about cues.

JOSS has had an inordinate amount of trouble with counterfeits. I would say that is in line with the extent of their reputation. JOSS is well known and highly regarded. While so many others import, JOSS is a successful exporter! The counterfeit problem is so bad that a local cue dealer was even telling people that JOSS cues are made in China...and he believed it completely. That was a "legitimate" cue dealer. My friend went to him to buy a JOSS and was talked out of it because, as he was told, they are now made in Asia. What did he buy instead? A cue made in Asia! LOL!

The damage done by counterfeits has put some companies out of business. It damages a business. It's a serious problem.

Fake logos and counterfeits are NOT allowed on Ebay. It isn't necessary for Dan Janes or JOSS to be involved nor for any lawyers to be hired as far as getting the ad pulled. Ebay will pull the ad for any known counterfeits or fake logo products. If they don't do it right away bug them until they do. Whenever I see such things I send a message to Ebay immediately. You should all do the same.

classiccues

Don't hashtag your broke friends
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Not only is it possible, but likely probable. Since that would be the case and we know how much other "Chinese" companies and the company that they keep love to knock off items, I would say that if someone was in that factory and turned a blind eye to the counterfeits, then I think that says a lot about who that person really is.

JV

I agree it is unlikely Fury, the brand name...but that isn't what was said. It was suggested it was the same factory. I think that is in fact possible..

GoBilliards

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
61   0   0
Not only is it possible, but likely probable. Since that would be the case and we know how much other "Chinese" companies and the company that they keep love to knock off items, I would say that if someone was in that factory and turned a blind eye to the counterfeits, then I think that says a lot about who that person really is.

JV

IT doesn't natter if you are Chinese or not. Integrity in this business is at an all time low. If you only knew how much of everything is Chinese made now it would make you sick.

Last edited:

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
21   0   0

JV

Indeed. I think it is likely as well. And I also feel that anybody that has firsthand knowledge of it that turns a blind eye is a serious part of the problem.

It's obvious that there is a large enough number of people that think it's OK as evidenced by the booming success of the counterfeit industry.

I don't think it's OK in any way. I think that anybody that knows about it and keeps it under their hat is doing a dastardly thing.

But I tend to be "that guy". I was the one that told on someone in high school. I was the one that turned someone in for cheating in college. I was the one who got someone fired. All while someone thought I should mind my own business while someone committed a crime. Someone was wrong. My character and integrity are unassailable.

I am a very vocal supporter of the cuemakers and their art. I am also a bit of a humanist and tend yo give people the benefit of the doubt and see the good in people first. But if I found out with certainty about somebody that was keeping such a thing as specific knowledge of counterfeit manufacturers and/or their pipeline under their hat it would be my pleasure to publicly and meticulously dismantle their character and integrity with a gusto that I assure you would be impressive. In short, if you are doing something wrong I am one of the last people you would want to know about it.

Last edited: