Fast Larry

Jerry

Registered
APA7 said:
Give Larry enough rope, he'll hang himself in his lies. The more he says, the more he gets exposed for the fraud that he is. Shame on you, Larry!!
Brian

Hey APA7... This is a typical post by you. Just to satisfy my curiousity (I'm bored), I did a little analysis of your posts. You have made 22 posts so far, of those 4 or 82% have been directed at Larry, challenging his credentials, personality, or knowledge. You made 2 posts the first day you posted. The first one was an idle one sentence response and the second one, the same day, went right at Larry. If I disregard the first 3 posts you made on December 13 and December 14, you are 17 of 19 negative posts directed at Larry (although even one of those was in Larry's thread), very close to 90% negative at Larry. You have made 0 posts directed at any other individual, good or bad (0.0%). It can be stated with certainty that you live your life by running down the lives of others. You are one sad individual.

Now I have an answer for the question you posed earlier (directed at Larry as usual), "Is it me, or is it just everybody else?"

IT"S YOU DUDE, APA7 !!!!!

Jerry said:
Hey APA7... This is a typical post by you. Just to satisfy my curiousity (I'm bored), I did a little analysis of your posts. You have made 22 posts so far, of those 4 or 82% have been directed at Larry, challenging his credentials, personality, or knowledge. You made 2 posts the first day you posted. The first one was an idle one sentence response and the second one, the same day, went right at Larry. If I disregard the first 3 posts you made on December 13 and December 14, you are 17 of 19 negative posts directed at Larry (although even one of those was in Larry's thread), very close to 90% negative at Larry. You have made 0 posts directed at any other individual, good or bad (0.0%). It can be stated with certainty that you live your life by running down the lives of others. You are one sad individual.

Now I have an answer for the question you posed earlier (directed at Larry as usual), "Is it me, or is it just everybody else?"

IT"S YOU DUDE, APA7 !!!!!

Thank you Jerry for confirming what I have been saying for some time here. It's the same two bozos who were on my case before. They invent a name, come in hiding under their rock and just put in a couple of nothing posts to get rolling and then it's non stop tee off on me. I would love to run into this guy in a dark alley to have a chat with him. You blow his cover and his attack gets attacked, he drops the ruse, invents a new name and comes back over and over. It is nothing but stalking and harrasment. I have a real good idea who this is, I just won't post this because even if you suspect it, you really do never know for absolute sure.

Let's all give this a rest, try and get along, just have a big f**kin armistice and go back to talking pool and having some fun, can we do that or what?
I know I can and will if you all will. Just do what Jerry just did, don't let these stalkers get by with doing this to me or any body else. Call their hand, refuse to let them have this board to run their vendetta. Make them be a positive contributor or run their butts out of here. Let's make this board a happy experience to go into. Every single time I go into this board there is some post calling me this or that and insulting me, no wonder I have such a lousy attitude on here. A saint after a while would get his back up and begin to come after people. People, it dont matta no how if I never did or have a single record. People, It dont matta no how if I cant run 3 friggin balls.

Here is all that does matter, I can teach the game really well. I can do a really nice trick shot show.
Teaching, my credentials are posted and accepted. Trick shot shows, if I was not qualified how do I keep showing up at the Hopkins, BCA show and super show year after year, there is a very small and select group that does those shows.

So there it is, here I am, so let the rest of this crap ride. I am never going to argure or fight another person ever again if I can play or if I ever did a damn thing of merit. It is not worth arguing over. Here it is, you can believe it, or not. Choice A, you can believe. Choice B, you cannot. I really don't give a damn which one you choose any more./

Thanks Jerry for your seeing this and pointing this out. I don't know who you are but I do owe you a drink for this post my friend.

Rickw

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jerry,

I don't mean to be argumentative but your math doesn't quite compute. I think you got your numbers a little off.

You said, "You have made 22 posts so far, of those 4 or 82% have been directed at Larry, challenging his credentials, personality, or knowledge. You made 2 posts the first day you posted."

4 out of 22 is not 82%, at least not according to the school I went to. I do understand your point though. Someone should have something positive to say once in a while, at least we would hope so.

Rickw said:
Jerry,

I don't mean to be argumentative but your math doesn't quite compute. I think you got your numbers a little off.

You said, "You have made 22 posts so far, of those 4 or 82% have been directed at Larry, challenging his credentials, personality, or knowledge. You made 2 posts the first day you posted."

4 out of 22 is not 82%, at least not according to the school I went to. I do understand your point though. Someone should have something positive to say once in a while, at least we would hope so.

That is what I love about this board, you always have the math or the english police on duty 24/7, nothing slips by, that's good, but rick you must agree the math does show there is a serious stalker at work here and that is not good. How would you like this guy on your ass on every post you make, you would go nuts after about 15 of these also I bet. :)

Jerry

Registered
Rickw said:
Jerry,

Thank you for pointing this out Rick. Should have proof read it, but, hey, I'm kinda lazy in that department. What I should have said is: "You have made 22 posts so far, of those, 4, or 18%, were idle chit chat and the rest, 18, or 82%, were directed at Larry." I usually know what I mean, you just have to read my mind to fill in the blanks...

I respect people's right to voice their opinion. But, when someone is being picked on, whether I like them or not, or even know them, it's just not right. It's malicious. Maybe it's just sick fun for them. I hate it when that happens, especially if they're chicken enough to hide and do it. I don't agree with the way Larry handles things. That's his problem, his life, not mine. I just ignore it. As far as strictly pool is concerned, he does have many valid points. At least he's not hiding and I respect him for that and for speaking his mind. I try to learn something from everyone I meet. I see each encounter as a learning experience. If it's a bad player, I can learn from him too... what NOT to do. I also think the nay sayers would be an easy hustle, if they can get this upset by what a stranger says on a computer! Just think how upset they would get if you started bragging in person.

APA7

STRAIGHT POOL SUPERMAN
Silver Member
Jerry said:
Thank you for pointing this out Rick. Should have proof read it, but, hey, I'm kinda lazy in that department. What I should have said is: "You have made 22 posts so far, of those, 4, or 18%, were idle chit chat and the rest, 18, or 82%, were directed at Larry." I usually know what I mean, you just have to read my mind to fill in the blanks...

I respect people's right to voice their opinion. But, when someone is being picked on, whether I like them or not, or even know them, it's just not right. It's malicious. Maybe it's just sick fun for them. I hate it when that happens, especially if they're chicken enough to hide and do it. I don't agree with the way Larry handles things. That's his problem, his life, not mine. I just ignore it. As far as strictly pool is concerned, he does have many valid points. At least he's not hiding and I respect him for that and for speaking his mind. I try to learn something from everyone I meet. I see each encounter as a learning experience. If it's a bad player, I can learn from him too... what NOT to do. I also think the nay sayers would be an easy hustle, if they can get this upset by what a stranger says on a computer! Just think how upset they would get if you started bragging in person.

Jerry, I dont have any bones to pick with you but since you are putting me under the microscope, let me educate you on whats going on between Fast Liar and me. First of all, he started jumping on me by calling me names and insulting me with a bunch of different handles which are all really him. He sends me a private message from 'Jacko' which is really him again--
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Do Do head She yit for brains

fl is on vacation and has no cpu, he asked me to pass on message to you, forgot part of it. He said, the eyes don't lie, view my video tapes, you will then see I am what I am and you will see shots you cannot make in a thousand years, then you will know. Do not slander people you know nothing about please was his message.

Thank you.

Fast Liar always has himself as the victim when he is the one causing all the crap. So Jerry, mind your own bizness and know the story before you make judgements, o.k.?

Brian

K

King Cueball

What are you guys talking about? I don"t feel like reading the rest of the threads, Larry You"re not starting anything anymore are ya? I thought we were done with all that :D

Andy Segal

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I have met Larry once and we did a group show together with Steve Lillis (Chairman of WPA), Tom Rossman, Mike Massey, and Belinda Campos. It was at the BCA Trade Show in July of 2003 at the Billiard Capital booth. That was the first and only time I met Larry in person. I can't say that I am good friends with him since we only met once, but we are on friendly terms. He is a nice guy once you get to know him. Maybe he doesn't always come off that way in his posts, but what can you do. If you can read between the lines and pick and choose some of his posts, you can learn a lot. I am not one to take sides and I never like to talk badly about someone. Larry is finally coming out of retirement and will be playing in a couple of Artistic Pool events in March. The NE Open in Connecticut March 19-21 and The Masters at Valley Forge March 25-28. Why don't you all stop by and see how he does. I for one think he will do quite well and I am hoping he finishes high up in the field.

Andy

King Cueball said:
What are you guys talking about? I don"t feel like reading the rest of the threads, Larry You"re not starting anything anymore are ya? I thought we were done with all that :D

No I am not and yes you are correct, we are through with this, I consider it settled and over. These people gettin on apa7 are not me, I do not know who they are. Every time somebody posts in my defense, every one jumps up and says Ok that's on of FL'S aliases. These people usually out smart and out guess them selves. They think they know and they usually don't, they just guess and hope to get lucky.

Cue ball, if you go back and study these closely, you will find I don't start any of them. On every one somebody attacks me and I respond in kind and it's off to the races.
I seek peace here. I seek friends, not enemies. I seek to be able to come in to teach and help people who want my advice. I do not want to stir trouble and conflict. If they get off my back and stop attacking me, all of that occurs, I can and will be quite pleasant. They do not have to show me even respect, they just must stop calling me a fraud/phony/liar and things like that. That, I will never let ride. That, I will never turn the other cheek over.

I am leaving the board to come in now and then when asked. I am trying to withdraw, there are many who don't want me to, they keep attacking me because it is they who want to stir up this she yet, not me sir. May there be peace unto you cue ball and peace now between you and I and all bad things each of us said forgetten and never ever brough up again. I will promise you this from me, you, you play your end any way you choose to sir. However you play it I will try to understand. You seem to be a resonable person and not one of the stalkers. I apparently badly mis judged you and your intentions. When you get backed into a corner, you snap the heads off of every one who peeks in your door. :D

I was out on tour, got a call, hear about the attacks by apa7, had no access to a cpu. I called a friend to send a pm to the guy and to quote what I said which was posted, which was back off jack, get off my back. I could not send the guy a PM, I turned mine off. I want only be be contacted via emails, no pms so I can trace and track down any one who gets out of line, I do have that cpu ability to do that.
I stand by that, I did that. That is what PM's should be used for. If you want to have a strong message, put it on a pm and keep it off of the main board. Take it personal on the Pm, don't let the world see your argument or your personal dispute.

A pm means it is a personal message, not for public view. Therefore it should never be published on the main forum as apa 7 did. The fact he did do that means several things people, never trust this guy, never share anything with him, any thing you say to him he will burn you with. He is a stalker and a person with no rules or honor. He cannot be trusted. He is best dealth with by now understanding what you have on your hands here, and just ignorning everything he says and no longer responding to any thing he posts. Just ignore and isolate him. I turned off my pm because he was the third scum bucket to violate that service and post what I had said privately. If this service is not held private, why should I then use it, using it only conceals their identity.

May God bless and peace be with you. May the wind be always on your back and all 9 balls fall. VENI VIDI VICI, OMNIA VINCIT AMOR. Latin for “I came, I saw, I conquered, love conquerors all. Yes I really did do it all and you can believe it, or not. If you don’t believe it, C’est La Vie. A prophet is not recognized in his own land. Rack em sausage, Go play fast and loose. In time, it’s all dust in the wind anyway

Sometimes

Larry,
One thing caught my attention in one of your posts. You said you grew up in KC Mo at Troost and 31St. in the 60's. What kind of stories can you tell about Ice's Pool Hall and their players: One armed John, Stinson, Chet and Joe,Bennie Conway,King, Don MCcoy,Larry Mayo, Jack Norris, Bogus, George Welch, Hallmark Red, Sheilds, Bill Lawson, Rags, and the Wonder Boy.
Ice's was run by a guy named Reno Forrest in that time by the stories I've been told. Tell me what you remember, because I love to hear of old pool stories.
Toddbow
I worked at the Isis two days a week while going to college. It was located at 3133 Troost. I never had any safety issues. Bill Larson spent several months there in the late sixties. He is best I ever saw, but he had a drinking problem. George Welch was a good player, but not in the class with Lawson and McCoy. I saw Larson play Craig Stevens out of Witchta downtown at Sam’s. Larson destroyed him. Benny Conway played McCoy at the Isis. Benny could make a ball from anywhere, but did not handle the cue ball as well as Don. Don won the match. The riots of 1968 business. There were not notch players from around the country coming through all the time. That place was a real pool hall.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Funny that people still take about Fast Larry even year after his death.

Fast Larry was a unique person, leaned to right, but was consistent in his beliefs.

sure if Larry could have voted in 2016 it would be a Trump Vote.

Reactions: Pin

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I've been reading a lot of pool books in the last couple of years, and Larry's name keeps coming up unexpectedly.
(Massey's World of Trickshots, Pierre Moran's book, Byrne's Wonderful World, and Ripley's Believe it Or Not annual (some time after 2000) are some that spring to mind.)

The last one was in Kevin Cook's biography of Titanic Thompson, Fast appeared a couple of times talking about some of Titanic's hustles.

The link seems to go Hubert Cokes knew Titanic when Cokes was a youth - he helped with a con where Titanic would toss cards under a closed hotel room door and into a hat on the floor in the next room. Titanic threw each of the cards through the gap under the door (impressive in itself) and Cokes ensured they all found their way into the hat - before slipping out the window.
Fast seems to have known Cokes, and through him, Titanic.

I wish I'd read these books while Fast was alive. I'd have loved to ask him about Hubert Cokes and the other old timers. I didn't know anything about them when Fast was alive.

From the fact that he never mentioned any of the books (and let's be honest, he wasn't shy about boasting), I don't even know how many of them he knew he was mentioned in.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Well I use to talk on the telephone to Fast Larry, he was consistent in his think about Pool, Pro Pool Player, and the people who pretend to be sheep, but are the wolves who have destroyed the sport.

Larry wife and Larry dies within hours of each other. They were both IMHO good people.

Larry told the truth as he saw it, never need the good memory of a low life liver who need the memory to recall, what story, to what person.

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
... I wish I'd read these books while Fast was alive. I'd have loved to ask him about Hubert Cokes and the other old timers. ...
Fast Larry is Larry Grindinger. Very different from Fats, whether from New York or Minnesota. Fast Larry was banned from this and other sites for many good reasons. Fast Larry relatively recently committed suicide.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Fast Larry is Larry Grindinger. Very different from Fats, whether from New York or Minnesota. Fast Larry was banned from this and other sites for many good reasons. Fast Larry relatively recently committed suicide.

Think Lary's banning was because he did not march to beat of the politically correct party drum. He took being banned as a badge of honor, laughing about it.

Larry did not died by sucide Bob, he died in a hospital bed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Pin

Pin

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
I'm not mixing him up with Rudolph Wanderone, Larry Gunninger (Grindinger) was in the books I mentioned (albeit very small parts). I was probably more surprised than you! If you're curious, most will probably list him in the index, but I don't mind checking specifics.

I used to use his site pool chat (as did someone else!). I didn't see what got him banned on here, but it was clear he had his running feuds with people. I disagreed with him about a lot of things, but I liked him and as CC said, I think he was a good person.

There's a reference in one of Robert Byrne's books, I think Wonderful World of Billiards, along the lines of "Every week a new video arrives from Larry Gunninger showing himself hitting 11 rails on different types of equipment." There is an implication of mild but persistent nuisance! Yeah, I can kind of see that :D

tom haney

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm not mixing him up with Rudolph Wanderone, Larry Gunninger (Grindinger) was in the books I mentioned (albeit very small parts). I was probably more surprised than you! If you're curious, most will probably list him in the index, but I don't mind checking specifics.

I used to use his site pool chat (as did someone else!). I didn't see what got him banned on here, but it was clear he had his running feuds with people. I disagreed with him about a lot of things, but I liked him and as CC said, I think he was a good person.

There's a reference in one of Robert Byrne's books, I think Wonderful World of Billiards, along the lines of "Every week a new video arrives from Larry Gunninger showing himself hitting 11 rails on different types of equipment." There is an implication of mild but persistent nuisance! Yeah, I can kind of see that :D
FL and I used to go round and round on the old PlayPool forum but we made up and ended up getting along as well as one could with Larry. I liked him.

CocoboloCowboy

Cowboys are my hero's
Silver Member
Fast Larry marched to the beat of his own drum.

Remember when Kamui came out with their super chalk.

let just say Fast Larry trout it was earful, other love the stuff. Believe the Kamui was $25.00/cube.👎

DaveK

Still crazy after all these years
Silver Member
FL and I used to go round and round on the old PlayPool forum but we made up and ended up getting along as well as one could with Larry. I liked him.
I had the misfortune of participating in RSB when FL was there ... can't say I ever leaned towards liking him.

Dave