Father & Son Fun

BasementDweller

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Running out with my boy.

He lost interest for a while and I could barely get him on the table but lately he's been asking me to play. That's something I pretty much will never say no to.

This took a few tries and I'm not sure who was more excited him or me. A few funny things happened during the run. The best was when I smashed his hand under the bridge while telling him to hold it down on the table.

http://youtu.be/HhWzu_r7EAg

Kimmo H.

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
This is great, good shooting by the both of you :smile:

It is always nice to see a father and his son having such a great time working together to accomplish something.
Keep it up, he is going to be great when he gets older and starts to reach the table better. Luckily he seems to have a pretty good instructor that is willing to put in the time at the table with him ;)

SilverCue

Sir Raksalot
Silver Member
Running out with my boy.

He lost interest for a while and I could barely get him on the table but lately he's been asking me to play. That's something I pretty much will never say no to.

This took a few tries and I'm not sure who was more excited him or me. A few funny things happened during the run. The best was when I smashed his hand under the bridge while telling him to hold it down on the table.

Great!!!!!!

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Love it!

Running out with my boy.

What if there was pool in school?
Send a suggestion and send them your link!
http://xqsuperschool.org/

Shawn Armstrong

AZB deceased - stopped posting 5/13/2022
Silver Member
Teach that kid to draw the rock!!

That's awesome. My kids never got the bug to play when they were little, and I live in a house that's a little smaller now, so my table is in pieces in my garage. Perhaps one day I've have it set up again.

j_zippel

Big Tuna
Silver Member
Running out with my boy.

Green to you man! :).
I love seeing this stuff.

The start of the run when you left him with a suspect leave.. Try the two in the side, he's like what?? I gotta hit that perfect! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chicagoplayer

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Fathers and Sons

You'll know this pair:thumbup:

Attachments

• Oscar and Ernesto and Cleiton.jpg
    Oscar and Ernesto and Cleiton.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 522

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
Scotch double practice is an excellent way of improving.
...and I love the wood bench

jaetee

rack master ;)
Silver Member
Looks to me like you and him have a great relationship. Right on!

I'm going to show your video to my 6-year old... He shows sparks of interest, but it's sporadic and I want it to come from him. He is not as tall as your son, so I got him a little mini table-top-table from ebay and made some appropriately sized legs for it. He does play on it from time to time and when he leaves it alone for a while I take it apart and put it away until he tells me he wants to practice... He still uses it from time to time and sometimes comes to sidearm a few shots on the big table when I'm playing.

I don't want to be a pushy Dad, if you know what I mean...

ElLeon

Headshot
Silver Member
I can't wait to get my table in the girlfriends house once we move in together. Her son is 8 and could use some fine motor skill type activities.

This is immediately what I thought of when the thread popped up, because it's funny as hell.
FmRBF.jpg

Colonel

Raised by Wolves in a Pool Hall
Silver Member
1st off, nice setup you have, secondly this is a great thing. It bonds you and your son, he has someone to help him and fuel his interest & getting started at the age he is now the sky's the limit for the growth of his potential, especially with a sweet GC in the basement. My hats off to you sir.

kbooks3

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
The pride of Stevensville!

Very nice video, Chris...I haven't seen him play since 5 o'clock closed..where you playing league now?

Is the glove a new thing? or just for basement play?

Take care,

Jeremy

Pidge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Great video. The little man can definitely play and he already has better fundamentals than his dad... Kidding :)
I loved the part when he was using the rest. Nearly crushed his hand. No better way to stop doing a bad habit than when a little pain is involved. I used to get a whack around the head when I didn't take my time and really think about the shot. I still do actually when ever I play my dad.

JoeyA

Efren's Mini-Tourn BACKER
Silver Member
Always nice to play pool with your son.

You have to leave him better shape than you did on that last ball.

JoeyA

Running out with my boy.

Gary G

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
family time

One of the first things i remember when i started playing was 3 generations
of father son & grandkids playing together, the ole man said "the family that
plays together stays together" . I never forgot that. :thumbup: