A few years ago I was downstairs at the SBE pit sometime around four in the morning. There was a sea of recently consumed beer cans and bottles, food wrappers, plates, whisky bottles and ugly people stacked six or seven-deep in a circle around the hundred-dollar table. Various pros and hustlers were all taking their turns at each other and the side bets in the unruly crowd were rampant. It was like cockfight night at Valley Forge.
There had been two near fist fights between two different sets of bettors due to either drunken miscommunication or just plain miscommunication. So then the ring boss tells everybody to clarify their bets twice with each other saying, then acknowledging, "I have the breaker for $
fill in the blank, you have the racker", or visa-versa. You get what I mean.
Next up is pro player Warren Kiamco and I want to bet against him so I'm yelling out into the crowd, "I want the breaker who wants the racker" and nobody seems to want the racker, Kiamco. So after two or three unsuccessful atempts at matching up with a Kiamco bettor, Kiamco himself turns to me and takes my $100 action.
In the spirit of avoiding any miscommunication between us (and wanting to mess with his head a little) I said "okay Warren, I got the breaker for $100 and who do you have?" He looks at me and at the top of his high pitched voice he says
"MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.....I GOT ME TO WIN!!!!" Everybody was howling over that one including myself.
Oh yeah, it was a dry break and Warren ran out, then with the biggest smile he came to collect his c-note from me.
Regards,
KC