Fedor Gorst vs Jeff de Luna 10-ball, race to 100 is coming soon...

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I just saw a poster on FB.
Looking forward to some action soon... So as Fedor is coming to USA I believe there might be some more to follow.
Considering how much work Fedor had put in his break ... especially in 10-ball it's gonna be quite a mission for the opponent.
After watching the recent match 10-ball race to 25 at Sharks between Gomez and De Luna ... Jeff's break did not work at all ... so if he does not find a way to make the break working ... well we'll see.
It's very interesting to see how Fedor performs in such a long race and if there will be some next soon).

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1609840069622.jpg
    FB_IMG_1609840069622.jpg
    381.4 KB · Views: 249
Last edited:

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Honestly I'm curious if TS has any interest to use this opportunity... his break in 10-ball is also pretty good and I remember not so long ago some people claimed he's gonna be in top-10 in the world in the next ...some years... So I guess here is a good chance for some test;)...

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Honestly I'm curious if TS has any interest to use this opportunity... his break in 10-ball is also pretty good and I remember not so long ago some people claimed he's gonna be in top-10 in the world in the next ...some years... So I guess here is a good chance for some test;)...
I don't think Tyler is competitive at this level. I'd say he needs about 15 on the wire against Fedor in a race to 100.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
DeLuna's top gear, which we saw at the 2019 US Open 9-ball in which he won bronze in a field of 256, is very high, so he's got a very good chance if he brings his A game. I don't know if Fedor has played any races to 100 before, so stamina could be an issue here., but if it isn't, I think he's a clear favorite in this spot. My line is Fedor Gorst -8 racks.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Sweet early bird price! If you have ordered matches from them before, check your emails for an even better early bird price of $19.95, it only is available for 2 more days though! I'm ready.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't think Tyler is competitive at this level. I'd say he needs about 15 on the wire against Fedor in a race to 100.
That is exactly my perception ... what feeds my curiousity ... both JF and FG when they were not picked by Marcus Chamat for MC team ...after that both of them had their motivation used as the boost to take the most prestigious title immidiately after the cup and their dreams came truth...
So I'm just curious if Tyler had any motivation after finding himself in a similar situation at the last MC cup ...

Reactions: sjm

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
de luna has a super break but also a tendency for both reckless shots and getting out of position. i think fedor should win this with a decent margin

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
DeLuna's top gear, which we saw at the 2019 US Open 9-ball in which he won bronze in a field of 256, is very high, so he's got a very good chance if he brings his A game. I don't know if Fedor has played any races to 100 before, so stamina could be an issue here., but if it isn't, I think he's a clear favorite in this spot. My line is Fedor Gorst -8 racks.
So as they'll play 10-ball after watching Fedor participating in recent tournaments vs 10-ball qhost for points ... well I see his 10-ball break improves a lot, his CB control is amazing and pretty consistent. As I said in the last match vs Gomez ...Jeff's break did not work...who knows may be it just was not his day but it still seems to me in 10-ball Fedor's break might become the biggest advantage ...
In my opinion De Luna has much better chances in 9-ball. In 9-ball for me their chances would be 50-50.
In 10-ball I see Fedor as the favorite but ... one thing to see it on paper and in action is completely another story and yes the most interesting part for me is to see how Fedor with his style of playing performs in such a long race. I have not seen him in such a long race before so now with that amount in the middle it is still gonna be fairly interesting.

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
In my opinion De Luna has much better chances in 9-ball. In 9-ball for me their chances would be 50-50.
I like Fedor even more if the game is nine ball. He won the last European 9ball Championship by beating Josh Filler in the final and won the last WPA World 9-ball Championship by beating JL Chang in the final. Last time he played in the Derby City 9-ball, he came 3rd in a field of over 400.

S.Vaskovskyi

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I like Fedor even more if the game is nine ball. He won the last European 9ball Championship by beating Josh Filler in the final and won the last WPA World 9-ball Championship by beating JL Chang in the final. Last time he played in the Derby City 9-ball, he came 3rd in a field of over 400.
All good points. My sight at De Luna's better chances in 9-ball was based on his better break in that game comparing to 10-ball. I guess it is just not so simple ... of course the break is important but there is much more in the game to consider ... mental strength and so on ... the results at biggest international events with a tough field might be the best way...
There's no doubt Fedor is already one of the best tournament players and it is quite interesting to see how he holds up in such a long race action match which is something different and newer experience. After that who knows what is waiting in the future).

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
All good points. My sight at De Luna's better chances in 9-ball was based on his better break in that game comparing to 10-ball. I guess it is just not so simple ... of course the break is important but there is much more in the game to consider ... mental strength and so on ... the results at biggest international events with a tough field might be the best way...
There's no doubt Fedor is already one of the best tournament players and it is quite interesting to see how he holds up in such a long race action match which is something different and newer experience. After that who knows what is waiting in the future).
Nice post. Whether it's nine ball or ten ball, the race length, to me, is the wild card here. We'll see how the young Russian handles it.

Poolmanis

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Maybe Fedor play daily race to 100 in Russia.. We don´t know.. :ROFLMAO: So he could be used to play races to 100

Reactions: sjm

Dave714

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I've never heard of De Luna racing to 100. I'm thinking he usually plays races to 21 or 22 ect.. I'm sure he has stamina though.

BeiberLvr

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't see either of them playing enough mistake free pool over a long race to gain a huge edge.

Should be close. Winner by 5 at the most.

SurfTopics

Is either person putting up their own money or are they both covered?
If they are both putting up their own cash I would favor DeLuna.
Fedor might break under pressure easier than DeLuna if the loss is real for him.