Fedor over Bergman

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I think Shane and Dennis is hiding, will someone please pull them out from whatever rock they're hiding under hehe

ed2000

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm joking but the way he playing it would be an interesting watch what do you guys think?

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
Fedor has joined the ranks of the most elite. JL Chang, Filler and SVB would still be clear favorites over Fedor in a race to 100. Guys like Shaw, Orcullo, Zheng, and Wu would be ever so slightly favored over Fedor. Aside from those seven, I reckon Fedor can hang with everyone else right now, and he has a chance to beat any player alive when he's on.

Filler, Gorst and Kaci are still in their early 20's. Team Europe at the Mosconi looks awfully strong for the foreseeable future.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Fedor has joined the ranks of the most elite. JL Chang, Filler and SVB would still be clear favorites over Fedor in a race to 100. Guys like Shaw, Orcullo, Zheng, and Wu would be ever so slightly favored over Fedor. Aside from those seven, I reckon Fedor can hang with everyone else right now, and he has a chance to beat any player alive when he's on.

Filler, Gorst and Kaci are still in their early 20's. Team Europe at the Mosconi looks awfully strong for the foreseeable future.
Clear favorites, no. No human is a clear favorite. This guy does everything.

rivercitysledge

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

look me up if shane plays ill take some odds since hes clear favorite

mikeyfrost

Socially Aware
Silver Member
I think he broke and ran over 40 times...I don't think anybody is gonna smoke him playing 9 ball. Let's not forget he's a world champion too. Also let's be honest....he could have beat Justin worse....he didn't play the same speed on day 3

sjm

Older and Wiser
Silver Member
A constant source of amusement for me on AZB is that it is always a assumed that if one has an opinion on a possible matchup, they are interested in betting on it. I have been a member of this forum for eighteen years without making a single bet in the action room.

My hypothetical line in a 10-ball race to 100 against Fedor.

JL Chang -9 games
Filler - 9 games
SVB -5 games
Wu - 4 games
Shaw -3 games
Zheng - 3 games
Orcullo -2 games

The way Fedor is going, though, he could possibly be favored over all of them somewhere down the road. As I've previously noted, he appears to have adopted the Filler blueprint of playing all the games on a regular basis at the top level, so perhaps he'll become a similar all-around superstar of the game. Time will tell. It will be fun to watch.

Last edited:

SBC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Fedor has incredible potential. Hope he continues to evolve and gets out there. So many American pros are wasted talent...though obviously not always their fault with what little the game has to offer here.

Like to see SVB or Shaw vs Fedor. Either would be huge.

ChrisinNC

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My hypothetical line in a 10-ball race to 100 against Filler

JL Chang -9 games
Filler - 9 games
SVB -5 games
Wu - 4 games
Shaw -3 games
Zheng - 3 games
Orcullo -2 games
Stu, I assume you meant against Gorst, not Filler? And you’re saying Gorst is the underdog in matchups against all these other players?

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member

jokrswylde

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
... not always their fault with what little the game has to offer here.
I read this a lot, and it makes me wonder why many of the international players, minus some of the asian players, spend an awful lot of time here playing, and many end up relocating here. I get that they have the Euro tour, but I remember someone on here saying how nobody gets rich playing the Eurotour...certainly not making the money the snooker players are making.

Is it because they receive support from the government? Just seems like if pro pool is dead for American players, it would be just as dead for the international players who spend several months out of the year here, or even move here permanently.

The_JV

'AZB_Combat Certified'
I read this a lot, and it makes me wonder why many of the international players, minus some of the asian players, spend an awful lot of time here playing, and many end up relocating here. I get that they have the Euro tour, but I remember someone on here saying how nobody gets rich playing the Eurotour...certainly not making the money the snooker players are making.

Is it because they receive support from the government? Just seems like if pro pool is dead for American players, it would be just as dead for the international players who spend several months out of the year here, or even move here permanently.
Wondering if it's just the exposure to American style of play. No different than spending time in the Philippines to learn to play 10rail kicks in what we consider horrible conditions.

8cree

Reverse Engineer
Silver Member
Yes, sjm has Gorst as an underdog against those players listed.
... and reading closer he is referring to 10 Ball as well... not sure the same goes for 9 Ball... not sure if even applies to 10 Ball. If he maintains that level of play I watched during this event, he is definitely the favorite.