FEEL IN AIMING

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
No comment on this diagram but if I had that shit going through my head every shot, I'd take up golf.
Would this qualify as an accurate definition? The first one, the second one, or both? (it is in the dictionary) (urban)

WHAT DOES CIRCLE JERK MEAN?​

A circle jerk is when a group of men sit or stand in a circle and masturbate.

Figuratively, a circle jerk is group of people who are “getting themselves off” in the echo chamber of their own opinions or activities.

Last edited:

Patrick Johnson

Fish of the Day
Silver Member
No comment on this diagram but if I had that shit going through my head every shot, I'd take up golf.
Then I guess it’s a good thing that considering the details in a discussion forum (or even while practicing/learning) doesn’t = having them all in your head while playing.

You know that, right?

pj
chgo

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
56.48 1/8s around a pool ball and 14.12 per 90 degrees.
1.26 64ths per degree on the ball
Rounding up

I don't understand.

A pool ball has a 2.25 inch diameter, or 57.15 mm. The circumference is 179.6 mm.

What are you calling an eighth? 1/8 of the visible part of the ball's circumference? 1/8 of the diameter of the ball?

Update....NEVERMIND.... I see you used a 2 inch ball to get your numbers.

Anyhow, the number of 1/8s around the circumference of a ball is irrelevant, because we only see one perspective of the ball at a time, and it's the 2D visible width/diameter of the ball that we split into 1/8s, not the fat circumference. So there are only eight 1/8s to reference for any given shot.

Last edited:

stumpie71

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I don't understand.

A pool ball has a 2.25 inch diameter, or 57.15 mm. The circumference is 179.6 mm.

What are you calling an eighth? 1/8 of the visible part of the ball's circumference? 1/8 of the diameter of the ball?

Update....NEVERMIND.... I see you used a 2 inch ball to get your numbers.

Anyhow, the number of 1/8s around the circumference of a ball is irrelevant, because we only see one perspective of the ball at a time, and it's the 2D visible width/diameter of the ball that we split into 1/8s, not the fat circumference. So there are only eight 1/8s to reference for any given shot.
I just skimmed through a lot of the comments and mistakenly thought the 8ths mentioned were 8ths of an inch (1/8" ).

So to clarify if a ball had 8th inch marks encircling it there would 56.5 marks for a 2 1/4" ball, doesn't work as well as mm.

phreaticus

<… mindless, useless drivel snipped…>

Well man, thanks for the nice things you said, but I have zero interest in anything you wrote about above.

I’m not in anyone’s “camp” and not interested in helping you on whatever bizarre butt hurt mission you feel you’re on. IMO CTE is a handy & elegantly simple visual referencing tool, derived from basic 1/4b fractions - I got 90% of what I needed about it via Hal’s simple old 3-angle doc which can still be found on Dr. Dave’s website. The rest of CTE is mostly ill presented, self contrived ramblings & mysticism which has attracted a rather bizarre flock that border on being religious fanatics. How’s that for helping?

In one post, you have demonstrated all the reasons why folks can’t stand you, and why CTE as a whole is looked at with skepticism & disdain by so many. Obviously your only purpose in these discussions is to continue the stupid, immature, obsessive, feud with the guys who have offended you and your heros. I guess 99.99% of anyone with any real interest in high level pool, aiming systems etc - could also care less about any of that old stuff.

IMO any/all folks that scream at each other on the Internet are idiots. That includes you, and all the well known characters on both sides, along with all the nutters who rant about politics & social issues endlessly in the NPR section. Folks like you that perpetuate such conflicts for decades are a special breed and need therapy IMO.

The reason I enjoy poking at you nutter CTE types on here more than guys like Pat & Dan is that they are essentially correct in their core criticisms and questions about it, and while I’m not a fan of how they communicate on these topics either, they appear to be able to participate in intelligent discussions, ask reasonable questions and not have emotional melt downs when someone doesn’t agree with them.

This is the aiming forum. You started a thread about whether feel is a part of aiming, which you are well known to have an extremely strong position against. Clearly a troll post, but by your own words you got more well researched content in response than you ever imagined. You failed to address any of the answers, questions, or key points in the discussion at hand, and once again only want to ramble on about old flame wars. And its YOUR thread…? You apparently are either totally incapable or unwilling to participate in anything even vaguely resembling an actual technical discussion of pool, unless it agrees with your own firmly held ideas - yet you admonish the non CTE crowd for having closed minds. Unbelievable.

As I told your other whiny bitch pal Cookie in the other thread, honestly - the best thing you could possibly do for CTE is stop posting about it.

You can put me back on ignore now.

Last edited:

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I just skimmed through a lot of the comments and mistakenly thought the 8ths mentioned were 8ths of an inch (1/8" ).

So to clarify if a ball had 8th inch marks encircling it there would 56.5 marks for a 2 1/4" ball, doesn't work as well as mm.

Ok. That makes more sense. Typically, 1/8 means 1/8 of the visible width of the ball.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Well man, thanks for the nice things you said, but I have zero interest in anything you wrote about above.

I’m not in anyone’s “camp” and not interested in helping you on whatever bizarre butt hurt mission you feel you’re on. IMO CTE is a handy & elegantly simple visual referencing tool, derived from basic 1/4b fractions - I got 90% of what I needed about it via Hal’s simple old 3-angle doc which can still be found on Dr. Dave’s website. The rest of CTE is mostly ill presented, self contrived ramblings & mysticism which has attracted a rather bizarre flock that border on being religious fanatics. How’s that for helping?

In one post, you have demonstrated all the reasons why folks can’t stand you, and why CTE as a whole is looked at with skepticism & disdain by so many. Obviously your only purpose in these discussions is to continue the stupid, immature, obsessive, feud with the guys who have offended you and your heros. I guess 99.99% of anyone with any real interest in high level pool, aiming systems etc - could also care less about any of that old stuff.

IMO any/all folks that scream at each other on the Internet are idiots. That includes you, and all the well known characters on both sides, along with all the nutters who rant about politics & social issues endlessly in the NPR section. Folks like you that perpetuate such conflicts for decades are a special breed and need therapy IMO.

The reason I enjoy poking at you nutter CTE types on here more than guys like Pat & Dan is that they are essentially correct in their core criticisms and questions about it, and while I’m not a fan of how they communicate on these topics either, they appear to be able to participate in intelligent discussions, ask reasonable questions and not have emotional melt downs when someone doesn’t agree with them.

This is the aiming forum. You started a thread about whether feel is a part of aiming, which you are well known to have an extremely strong position against. Clearly a troll post, but by your own words you got more well researched content in response than you ever imagined. You failed to address any of the answers, questions, or key points in the discussion at hand, and once again only want to ramble on about old flame wars. And its YOUR thread…? You apparently are either totally incapable or unwilling to participate in anything even vaguely resembling an actual technical discussion of pool, unless it agrees with your own firmly held ideas - yet you admonish the non CTE crowd for having closed minds. Unbelievable.

As I told your other whiny bitch pal Cookie in the other thread, honestly - the best thing you could possibly do for CTE is stop posting about it.

You are the one that’s doing all the whining because nobody really cares about your proprioception. It might be useful stuff but still no one but you cares about it here. You’ve brought it up several times now and still no one cares. That seems to really bother you.

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
You are the one that’s doing all the whining because nobody really cares about your proprioception. It might be useful stuff but still no one but you cares about it here. You’ve brought it up several times now and still no one cares. That seems to really bother you.
Stan's Shuffle breaks through to audience mind control.

phreaticus

I hope that makes you feel better. I think its pretty clear you don’t care about it, rock on.

Your buddy started this thread about feel in aiming. At least I’m on topic and contributing actual information & facts that directly relates to it. WTF exactly are you doing here, except being your predictably rabid whiny usual self?

I hear you’re a pretty decent pool player. Thats encouraging, at least we know some of you guys actually do play the game.

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I hope that makes you feel better. I think its pretty clear you don’t care about it, rock on.

Your buddy started this thread about feel in aiming. At least I’m on topic and contributing actual information & facts that directly relates to it. WTF exactly are you doing here, except being your predictably rabid whiny usual self?

I hear you’re a pretty decent pool player. Thats encouraging, at least we know some of you guys actually do play the game.
Yea I play ok I guess. How about you? Do you play anywhere but at your house. That seems to be the only place most of these guys play lol

phreaticus

Yea I play ok I guess. How about you? Do you play anywhere but at your house. That seems to be the only place most of these guys play lol
I play at about every place with a pool table in south SF Bay area, and frequently roam far & wide. Actually, just about to leave the house now to go torture some folks at a local dive bar.

Look, I genuinely have no interest in participating in yet another CTE/aiming related thread that just degrades to petty personal attacks & nonsense. I like to joke around and can be as snarky and crude as anyone else, but the last thing any of us need is more assholes in our lives. I try to actually just stay off here as much as possible, and I think you’ll find most of my “real” posts to be pretty peaceful and genuinely seeking to exchange info about pool, thats it.

It looks like I made a mistake by thinking that Spiderman might actually be interested in the topic of his own thread. I’ll happily bow out with apologies to anyone who feels offended by anything I’ve written. I personally have thick skin and have no trouble poking fun and being poked at, but clearly not everyone has a sense of humor about such things.

Peace & love ✌️

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I play at about every place with a pool table in south SF Bay area, and frequently roam far & wide. Actually, just about to leave the house now to go torture some folks at a local dive bar.

Look, I genuinely have no interest in participating in yet another CTE/aiming related thread that just degrades to petty personal attacks & nonsense. I like to joke around and can be as snarky and crude as anyone else, but the last thing any of us need is more assholes in our lives. I try to actually just stay off here as much as possible, and I think you’ll find most of my “real” posts to be pretty peaceful and genuinely seeking to exchange info about pool, thats it.

It looks like I made a mistake by thinking that Spiderman might actually be interested in the topic of his own thread. I’ll happily bow out with apologies to anyone who feels offended by anything I’ve written. I personally have thick skin and have no trouble poking fun and being poked at, but clearly not everyone has a sense of humor about such things.

Peace & love ✌️
That’s good to hear. You me and Brian are probably the only ones who get out and play lol. There never was any exchange of real info in this aiming forum. The general stuff, some of it very good doesn’t make it more then a few posts. CTE stuff goes on forever, with no real exchange of info because of the bickering back and forth. Don’t expect that to ever change.
Hell, CJ was ran out of hear because a certain someone didn’t think TOI was useful information.
I got a friend working at hard times. He moved out from florida a while ago. Plays pretty good. Chris Gentile is his name

Last edited:

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member

Yep, you will be going back on IGNORE for good. I never thought it could be possible to have someone turn up on here with
a bigger ego and know it all self-image than Pat Johnson, but by damn you've done it!
The two of you should make a lovely couple together on AZ.

With that...GFY AHOLE!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
There never was any exchange of real info in this aiming forum. The general stuff, some of it very good doesn’t make it more then a few posts. CTE stuff goes on forever, with no real exchange of info because of the bickering back and forth. Don’t expect that to ever change.
Is this an admission of stupidity?
Yep, you will be going back on IGNORE for good. I never thought it could be possible to have someone turn up on here with
a bigger ego and know it all self-image than Pat Johnson, but by damn you've done it!
The two of you should make a lovely couple together on AZ.

With that...GFY AHOLE!
Or this?

You guys are morons.

garczar

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the EXTEMELY UNLIKELY chance that any snooker pros frequent AZ i'm betting that this topic would have them laughing their asses off. These are THE BEST ball makers on the planet and they all use ghostball with huge doses of feel. The way some of these CTE zealots defend their position is borderline disturbing. We're talking about putting balls in holes with a stick folks not warfare.

SpiderWebComm

HelpImBeingOppressed
Silver Member
On the EXTEMELY UNLIKELY chance that any snooker pros frequent AZ i'm betting that this topic would have them laughing their asses off. These are THE BEST ball makers on the planet and they all use ghostball with huge doses of feel.
Do you play snooker to know enough about anything? Fyi, AZB is a pool forum, not snooker. Different size tables, different size pockets, different type cues, different cloth, different size balls, different rules, different way of scoring and entirely different GAME. Snooker players even DRESS differently than pool players when they play in tournaments. Who cares?
The way some of these CTE zealots defend their position is borderline disturbing.
Defend their/our position? This all started out 25 years ago with an Anti-CTE ZEALOT attacking a pool aiming system called CTE along with the man that created it and everyone who ever used it. The system not only survived but is now THRIVING worldwide. But the same ZEALOT is still around with you being one of the lemming sycophants who also knows zero about it and more than likely can't play worth a crap. I know one thing for sure, like all the other knockers you also have no clue how to set up and visualize what is seen with CTE or Shishkabob to make even the simplest cut shot on the table. If you did, you wouldn't be using anything else. Although in your case, there isn't very much gray matter to begin with to make smart decisions.
We're talking about putting balls in holes with a stick folks not warfare.
Yeah, but here you are prolonging and instigating warfare. Hypocrite? That AND more! (You gotta be kidding me with this post. What BALLS!)

Last edited:

cookie man

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
On the EXTEMELY UNLIKELY chance that any snooker pros frequent AZ i'm betting that this topic would have them laughing their asses off. These are THE BEST ball makers on the planet and they all use ghostball with huge doses of feel. The way some of these CTE zealots defend their position is borderline disturbing. We're talking about putting balls in holes with a stick folks not warfare.
Is the act of lining up to ghost ball done by feel or does the feel part kick in when you actually shoot the shot?
Why would any snooker player frequent AZ? Every pro that has come on here has been run off by the likes of your kind.