Filler and TRex. Tue -Wed at Roys

skogstokig

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy moly. filler is now a serious threat in one pocket. i for one think this covid quarantine has done wonders for his game. too bad he is in the same stable as dennis and alex, would like to see him take on either of them

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
holy moly. filler is now a serious threat in one pocket. i for one think this covid quarantine has done wonders for his game. too bad he is in the same stable as dennis and alex, would like to see him take on either of them

He needs management. The USA players would mess with his head if he hit the road with just the wife.

Tony is a gentleman. Many are not.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
of course. but i still want to see filler vs dennis

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL. maybe if we ask Roy nicely, he will put together a little something.

I think dennis is a better competitor than Tony. Perhaps he will fare better?

That said, Tony said he will play Josh another set in the future. Hope he wins it, so we get a #3.

Johnny Rosato

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I bet on Tony. Filler is unbelievable, and he's supposed to be new at 1 hole? His ball making is just too good.

Scrunge19

Registered
I'd be interested to see Josh play someone more defensive in their style of play. There were certainly times when his game seemed very 'feast or famine.' Which is fine when those shots are dropping but you can get yourself in trouble if you're playing on tighter pockets and those balls aren't dropping. Tony's advantage coming into the match was his experience and knowledge of the game. He should have played more conservatively in spots to try and turn the match into a moving contest. That may have neutralized some of Josh's advantage in shotmaking and ability to run out from the slightest of opening.

Black-Balled

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd be interested to see Josh play someone more defensive in their style of play. There were certainly times when his game seemed very 'feast or famine.' Which is fine when those shots are dropping but you can get yourself in trouble if you're playing on tighter pockets and those balls aren't dropping. Tony's advantage coming into the match was his experience and knowledge of the game. He should have played more conservatively in spots to try and turn the match into a moving contest. That may have neutralized some of Josh's advantage in shotmaking and ability to run out from the slightest of opening.

Yes. My earlier comment about the hole in Josh's game had to do with the fact that he does not seem to be able to go 3 innings in a row without shooting at his hole.

I say we sick Artie on him.:grin-square: See how he feels about 1p after that?!

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'm a banger, but IMO, this is the way one hole should be played when you can execute to Filler's level. Efren changed the game in the 80's. Tony last decade. Filler today. If you can control the rock like them, and make the balls like them, you absolutely should play the game like them.

Playing up table all day long, wedge, slow role every shot, is for bangers like me that are liable to miss any and every shot.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Listening to Tony is great. He tells it like it is. The commentator asked if Tony thought that Filler's one hole action is now gone with USA players. Tony says "he never had any action to begin with". Frost said he will play Filler, and Tony said Frost won't even play me! He gave props to Justin saying he is the only one who could actually get money behind him and show up to play. Someone in another thread mentioned Dee Atkins wanted to play. Come on, he when is the last time he played a killer? 20 years ago?

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Some of the talk about playing on tighter equipment is fine, but the arguing of whose table is tighter and sub 4" pockets is ridiculous.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'd love to see Shane and Filler in ANY game! 10 ball, one hole, banks. Would be a great match. Maybe an all around.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
My all time one pocket favorite matches for excitement:

Efren vs Daulton at Galveston and this one tied for first!

overlord

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler is such a superb shot maker, banker and straight pool player and when you add in the 4.5 inch pockets, I thought he would have a chance of winning.

Filler wears his opponent down with all that firepower. Filler shoots with total confidence and once his mind is made up, he commits to the shot. He shoots jacked up like it's nothing.

This may have been another kind of match on tighter pockets. Filler is one of the fastest studies in the history of One Pocket.

What a great match.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
For the elite pros, I don't think 4" vs 4.5" vs 5" pockets would make an ounce of difference. One quote from Buddy Hall is something like "it doesn't matter how small the pocket is when you always hit it in the center".

TWOFORPOOL

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Filler vs Trex

Filler's firepower ran over Trex knowledge of the game. When Filler gains a little more experience in one pocket he will be extremely tough to beat. Filler's no fear firepower is really something to watch.

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
IMO, Filler, Alex, Busty, Dennis, Shane, Tony, are the top 5 one hole players in the world, in no particular order. I don't think anyone else today is close to them at all.