I can finally speak out about my HORRIBLE Jeff Eason experience!!!
I haven't been able to for 5 months because he has been holding my "new" cue hostage. I finally have to say enough is enough and write this as a form of therapy, so bear with me.......
If any of you needed yet another reason NOT to deal with Jeff Eason, here it is.....
I bought an Eason sp off of ebay from our own Jerry S. (dafish). back in Sept.2008. I knew nothing about AZ back then. I am not new to pool, but WAS new to AZ. Once I bought the cue (with 1 shaft) I wanted to get an extra shaft. I looked Jeff up on the internet and contacted him. He seemed great and very willing to help. I asked for the 2nd shaft and paid $100 thru Paypal and shipped him the entire cue. There were a few damages to the ringwork and he offered to fix them, "free of charge". He said I needed to send the whole cue as this was one of his first cues and the joint might not be correct if I didn't, so o.k. I sent it. Phone calls back and forth emails, the whole 9 yards...everything was going great.
He says he mailed the cue. Gave me a tracking #. Great, right? WRONG!!!
The tracking # was bogus....."no record found". 3 days go by, nothing..a week...nothing. He says, " I guess it got lost, I'll have to file a claim, etc. etc." In the meantime he offers to make me another cue. GREAT. Well, that's just good biz. unless you want to pay me $$$ for what was lost, but a cue will be fine. It's at this point I find out about you wonderful folks here on AZ. And Boy oh Boy did I wish I found you guys sooner with what I read about him. EVERYTHING BAD that ANYONE has written about him is absolutley TRUE. He would be nice as could be, but EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE.....LIE AFTER LIE. He finally mailed my cue right before Christmas. I was super excited to get it....especially after that long of a wait for something that should have originally (an extra shaft) taken a couple weeks, anyway, I get it and just like everyone else's cue......it's warped. The joint did not line up and there was a huge lip to the joint. The coco in the joint bled and stained the BEM and he just left it there!!! The ringwork was crap and scratched up. The shafts felt like they were sanded with 60grit. It was as if a 10yr. old put it together!!!
I call him up and explained the issues and as always..."no problem, send it back and I'll fix it free of charge".
That was 1/1/09 and I still don't have it!!
He has been promising me for 2 months that it is boxed up and ready to ship. He even went so far as to say it was shipped and got returned. (he used that excuse once before, too)
Right around the time that Butch (The King) had his falling out, there was a thread showing Jeff's porch/workshop. The cue in that picture was my first cue that got "lost". That made me think, so I went into Jeff's photobucket of work and looked around.
Well, damn if he didn't have a picture of my joint from the 1st cue in his photobucket with a date stamp of 12/11/08. Didn't he say it was "lost" in the mail around 10/10/08???
HMMMMM????
There was no evidence that my cue ever existed as he deleted those picctures from his photobucket. Why would someone do that if they had an active claim with the post office? What if they needed a picture of what was lost? HMMMMM? So I called his post office and found out that NO CLAIM had EVER been filed, but yet he kept telling me a story about being short on $$$ because the post office was giving him the run-around about his claim.
I tried calling Jeff and emailing him about when I would get my cue. He kept telling me he would send it out "tomorrow". But, to date, tomorrow has never come. He finally stopped answering his phone when he saw my # and doesn't answer his emails, unless you get nasty. I sent a versionof this thread to him to see if he could explain any of this and he said that he knew the truth and that was good enough for him and he didn't have to explain anything to me.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU LOSE MY CUE AND DON'T OWE ME AN EXPLAINATION?!
I am sorry about the length of this thread, but I HAD to get this off my chest!!! It's been driving me nuts!!!!!!
I have several other cues that I LOVE to play with, I never needed this one, but it was a great looking piece of coco and the auction price was more than fair. But you know, that's not the point.
If ANYONE EVER NEEDED ANOTHER REASON NOT TO DEAL WITH HIM, WELL HERE IT IS.
HE IS A LIAR AND A THIEF. PERIOD.
Thanks for letting me vent. WHEW!!!
I haven't been able to for 5 months because he has been holding my "new" cue hostage. I finally have to say enough is enough and write this as a form of therapy, so bear with me.......
If any of you needed yet another reason NOT to deal with Jeff Eason, here it is.....
I bought an Eason sp off of ebay from our own Jerry S. (dafish). back in Sept.2008. I knew nothing about AZ back then. I am not new to pool, but WAS new to AZ. Once I bought the cue (with 1 shaft) I wanted to get an extra shaft. I looked Jeff up on the internet and contacted him. He seemed great and very willing to help. I asked for the 2nd shaft and paid $100 thru Paypal and shipped him the entire cue. There were a few damages to the ringwork and he offered to fix them, "free of charge". He said I needed to send the whole cue as this was one of his first cues and the joint might not be correct if I didn't, so o.k. I sent it. Phone calls back and forth emails, the whole 9 yards...everything was going great.
He says he mailed the cue. Gave me a tracking #. Great, right? WRONG!!!
The tracking # was bogus....."no record found". 3 days go by, nothing..a week...nothing. He says, " I guess it got lost, I'll have to file a claim, etc. etc." In the meantime he offers to make me another cue. GREAT. Well, that's just good biz. unless you want to pay me $$$ for what was lost, but a cue will be fine. It's at this point I find out about you wonderful folks here on AZ. And Boy oh Boy did I wish I found you guys sooner with what I read about him. EVERYTHING BAD that ANYONE has written about him is absolutley TRUE. He would be nice as could be, but EXCUSE AFTER EXCUSE.....LIE AFTER LIE. He finally mailed my cue right before Christmas. I was super excited to get it....especially after that long of a wait for something that should have originally (an extra shaft) taken a couple weeks, anyway, I get it and just like everyone else's cue......it's warped. The joint did not line up and there was a huge lip to the joint. The coco in the joint bled and stained the BEM and he just left it there!!! The ringwork was crap and scratched up. The shafts felt like they were sanded with 60grit. It was as if a 10yr. old put it together!!!
I call him up and explained the issues and as always..."no problem, send it back and I'll fix it free of charge".
That was 1/1/09 and I still don't have it!!
He has been promising me for 2 months that it is boxed up and ready to ship. He even went so far as to say it was shipped and got returned. (he used that excuse once before, too)
Right around the time that Butch (The King) had his falling out, there was a thread showing Jeff's porch/workshop. The cue in that picture was my first cue that got "lost". That made me think, so I went into Jeff's photobucket of work and looked around.
Well, damn if he didn't have a picture of my joint from the 1st cue in his photobucket with a date stamp of 12/11/08. Didn't he say it was "lost" in the mail around 10/10/08???
HMMMMM????
There was no evidence that my cue ever existed as he deleted those picctures from his photobucket. Why would someone do that if they had an active claim with the post office? What if they needed a picture of what was lost? HMMMMM? So I called his post office and found out that NO CLAIM had EVER been filed, but yet he kept telling me a story about being short on $$$ because the post office was giving him the run-around about his claim.
I tried calling Jeff and emailing him about when I would get my cue. He kept telling me he would send it out "tomorrow". But, to date, tomorrow has never come. He finally stopped answering his phone when he saw my # and doesn't answer his emails, unless you get nasty. I sent a versionof this thread to him to see if he could explain any of this and he said that he knew the truth and that was good enough for him and he didn't have to explain anything to me.
ARE YOU SERIOUS? YOU LOSE MY CUE AND DON'T OWE ME AN EXPLAINATION?!
I am sorry about the length of this thread, but I HAD to get this off my chest!!! It's been driving me nuts!!!!!!
I have several other cues that I LOVE to play with, I never needed this one, but it was a great looking piece of coco and the auction price was more than fair. But you know, that's not the point.
If ANYONE EVER NEEDED ANOTHER REASON NOT TO DEAL WITH HIM, WELL HERE IT IS.
HE IS A LIAR AND A THIEF. PERIOD.
Thanks for letting me vent. WHEW!!!