FindSnooker.com still running after 12+ years

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Once again, big thanks to everyone who has contributed to FindSnooker.com. It'll be 13 years old in August, if I'm not mistaken.

It's been a busy few years. Years since I last played anything except some half-hearted pool.

And as some of you know, I don't update the website as often as I should. But we're still running!

I think there's a new place in California with twelve footers. There are some new(ish) tables near me, including one I've yet to play on. I'm bad in multiple cue sports, and I can prove it.

Do folks still post here? Did I miss a tech update in which all info about snooker, pool, and billiards is beamed directly into people's brains? It's really been a while since I've posted, so maybe I missed some fun stuff. Family and work keep me busy, so I likely won't be a regular here again, but I'll be a regular irregular.

Any new snooker tables to report?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Do folks still post here? Did I miss a tech update in which all info about snooker, pool, and billiards is beamed directly into people's brains? It's really been a while since I've posted, so maybe I missed some fun stuff. ...
I've been posting most of my snooker stuff to the main forum. I think it gets more viewers there and so far there has been no response like, "Get back in your own group, fool!"

I think there are some pool players who even know who Ronnie O'Sullivan is. (y)o_O

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
With apologies to everyone (including Bob Jewett, of course!), I've finally dug out my old computer, caught up on email, and updated www.FindSnooker.com.

There have been a number of closings, some openings, and some new discoveries, all of which were reported by players out there like y'all. Much obliged!

I've given a warning to the programmer who created the software that generates the software. That programmer is me. I've also started negotiations with a programmer to rewrite the software for the computer and operating system I actually use day to day. That programmer: also me. One of these days maybe I'll generate an app.

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
just sent some updates

i feel there are other changes too but
i report the following

updating nyc

+1 new table
-15 tables gone

made some phone calls today and
my updated update to the webpage
reads a sad

+1 new table
-25 tables gone

Last edited:

Rethunk

Snooker pimp
Silver Member
Got the updates, thanks. Will edit the site again tomorrow night.

Wow, that's a snooker massacre. And I thought we might squeak past 400 known tables!

markjames

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
rest easy, there is a 24/7 snooker cam
on one of the tables in flushing

(oh no it looks like tonight the rain
has closed the table, but the multiple
cameras in the room are always on)

they aren’t open 24/7, but i did catch
a young employee practicing alone at
about 4am

iusedtoberich

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

Bulldogs bar and grill

In Macon, GA has one 10’ snooker table. I was there yesterday.

It’s a new room it opened 1 year ago. The rest of the tables are new pool Diamond 7’. They have lots of tournaments to choose from (for pool).