First Janes

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Finally bit the bullet and talked to Dan. Ordered my first custom. Be about 3 months he said ...

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Stitch rings or black?

I dig the stitch rings.

Last edited:

TATE

AzB Gold Mensch
Silver Member
Finally bit the bullet and talked to Dan. Ordered my first custom. Be about 3 months he said ...

There is no biting this bullet, these are great choices all the way around. Dan is often overlooked for custom cues but he has great prices and an excellent track record. Bravo on the sharp point selection and discussion with him - absolutely the way to go!

Last edited:

cuesblues

cue accumulator
Silver Member
Nice looking design basis.
Good choice and congrats on your first custom.

Anything special in the construction or special with the shafts, LD?

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member

That's a good question. I would love to hear more about the Joss High Performance shafts.

Any chance that is part of the package?

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member
Just spent a good hour on the phone with him. He told me some great stories ... and promised to do something special with the cue. It's gonna cost me big time bucks ... but I'm guessing that's ok.. He said about 3 or 4 months.

Ched

"Hey ... I'm back"!
Silver Member

yes .. a 12.25 on the original ... and 12.2 with 14-16 taper

Chopdoc

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Dan sait he would do something special ... no idea what that means

Janes likes to make what he likes at this stage of life. It will be interesting to see what special touches he ads.

philly

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
A production Joss is my player and I love it. A couple of years ago I called Joss to order an extra shaft. Dan answered the phone and we talked for a while. Very nice guy. Saw him at the expo in 2015 and we talked some more. Last year I toyed with the idea of having Dan make a cue for me and decided to talk to him at the 2016 Expo. He never showed. His son worked the booth the entire Expo. Hope he is there this year.

Ched. I am curious what dollar range the cue you ordered is in. Please PM me, if it behooves you, as to the cost of the new cue.

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
Here is some news!

IMG_4494.PNG

tduncan

Bet something...
Silver Member
I'm sure you will be pleased with the outcome. They have been making some very cool cues as of late. Not all Custom Joss Cues make it to AZ or are seen by the public.

Last edited:

JAMSGOLF

Golf & Pool-I'm addicted!
Silver Member
A while back, there was a Jane custom on eBay...it was a green colored theme. Regret not getting it!