For JAM and Keith

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Happy Holidays. Here's what's left of Bob's Billiards....Keith's original home room. Bob's was Vehicle Registration and the Collectible Toys building. Picture was just taken yesterday.

Keith, care to share a story that happened at Bob's?

8281523367_6aa1508849_c.jpg

Pushout

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I'll email JAM but I think she and Keith may be staying away for a bit. I've thought about it myself, all things considered.

Last edited:

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
A lot of incredible memories in that building. Plenty of characters came in and out of that place. Regulars I remember were Keith, Mark McCready, Jan Cane, Dean, Jeremiah, "Spider", Isaac, Little Jeff and many more. Those passing through included Jimmy Mataya, "Waterdog", Efren Reyes, "Big Sam", Mike LeBron - far too many to list here.

Great room.

ghost ball

justnum survivor
Silver Member
Thank you Pushout and I know what you mean.....

I used to bend tacos and fold burritos right across the street at Tito's Tacos when I was 15-16 (around 1984-85??). At the time, I was not a "pool player" but enjoyed the game. I remember hearing all kinds of tall tales about pool, most of them were about Keith....

jay helfert

Shoot Pool, not people
Gold Member
Silver Member
A lot of incredible memories in that building. Plenty of characters came in and out of that place. Regulars I remember were Keith, Mark McCready, Jan Cane, Dean, Jeremiah, "Spider", Isaac, Little Jeff and many more. Those passing through included Jimmy Mataya, "Waterdog", Efren Reyes, "Big Sam", Mike LeBron - far too many to list here.

Great room.

Bob Wallace and I share the exact same birthday; month, day and year. What a great guy he was. I haven't seen Audie in years. He was not a bad little player.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I came across this by accident...
..it made me realize how well AZB is run...the moderators do a great job
without being Nazis about it....but it is essential to have moderators.
http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...R8pMbxbFmBfh2FM1o_vFw&bvm=bv.1355325884,d.dmQ

The toy collectibles that replaces the pool hall just may have some of
Keith's toys in there....afterall, he was a prodigy...probably busted a few
road players before he was old enough to say 'goo'.:smile:

I would love to see JAM and Keith posting on here again.
They are much loved by many....Keith has a way with words...
...and JAM invented the darn things.

Good thread, Ghostball, but I'm not going for your math about when you
were a 15 year-old.:smile:

magix

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
iwant to wish a MERRY CHRISTMAS to all.esp jay,jam and keith from dago and tommy baker.

jazznpool

Superior Cues--Unchalked!
Gold Member
Silver Member
Anaheim California, at the corner of Beach and Ball.

Actually just West on ball from the corner, across the street from ToMs TaCos. Someone should also take a photo of the Orange County Sports Arena on Lincoln near Brookhurst (which is now a thrist store). Ronnie Allen was the house man. I had a lot of fun there as well as Bob's. I sweated (along with Keith and Little Man Jeff) Efren playing Little Sergio one handed 9 ball there around 1984. Had no clue who Efren was and he did not get the best of it with his matchup with Little Sergio!

Martin

8ballEinstein

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Thank you Pushout and I know what you mean.....

I used to bend tacos and fold burritos right across the street at Tito's Tacos when I was 15-16 (around 1984-85??). At the time, I was not a "pool player" but enjoyed the game. I remember hearing all kinds of tall tales about pool, most of them were about Keith....

Yes, I remember Tito's. I never went there because I really like the Mexican food place kitty-corner from Bob's. But this reminded me of a funny story.

"Little" Jeff was about to leave the pool room and noticed some young folks hanging out behind his car. He asked them to move so he could back out. They told him to take a hike. Well Jeff gets in the car, starts it up and throws it in reverse. The kids scatter and Jeff is now chasing them around the lot. Unfortunately, the cops were just finishing a taco break at Tito's and saw the whole thing. Needless to say, Jeff got in a bit of trouble.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
I started going there about 1987. Didn't know anybody. Still have a Dufferin Bob sold me.

JohnnyP

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Jay:

"Audie" rings a bell. I was trying to think of the name of one regular Shirley and I met, but I think his name was "Auggy". Little guy guy that played barefoot.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
To Jen and Keith
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

..and at some point I hope you start posting again.
Look at it this way...
...y'all live in DC
.....lotta politicians there...and lobbyists....and power brokers

Now doesn't that make us'ns on AZ look like a breath of fresh air?
:smile:

rjb1168

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
To Jen and Keith
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

..and at some point I hope you start posting again.
Look at it this way...
...y'all live in DC
.....lotta politicians there...and lobbyists....and power brokers

Now doesn't that make us'ns on AZ look like a breath of fresh air?
:smile:

Plus we MISS ya :smile:
Happy Holidays