For real? $500 for cloth

.... I was just posting the number for the OP to get in touch with us and explore his possibilities. Of course if the $500 price tag for Imperial's stuff is too high then we are probably not in range with our ArtScape on SuperPro worsted cloth so he's probably better off looking for a cheaper solution.

You've gone kind of far beyond just posting a tel number in this thread but whatever, LOL. :grin:

You're right tho, if $500 is too high for a stock print on cheapo cloth then there is little likelihood to move into a higher priced worsted cloth print. There really are no cheaper solutions unless one wants to play bumpity-ball.
 
You've gone kind of far beyond just posting a tel number in this thread but whatever, LOL. :grin:

You're right tho, if $500 is too high for a stock print on cheapo cloth then there is little likelihood to move into a higher priced worsted cloth print. There really are no cheaper solutions unless one wants to play bumpity-ball.

Well you know how it is can't let opportunity slip by. :-)

At least everyone on here who might be a little interested knows that they have two good choices now.
 
... I should also mention that as far as I know we are the only ones who extend the printing onto the rails.

We offered the same option with prints we had done thru D&R.
With digital printing the design possibilities are extensive.

One of the proofs for the design below had the splotchy blue extend to the
rails but they opted to go with matching the stripe on the bed.
This table is at the location printed on the bed. They actually have 2.

I did miss a nice vacation opportunity on this since the company offered
to fly me round trip to do the installs. Next time I won't have better things to do
then fly to Mexico to install cloth. :grin:

LG_lucky_goldstar_custom_pool_table_felt.jpg
 
I second the motion.
The photo print stuff is kind of interesting as well.
I just did a log table with a full landscape with a whitetail running across, and outside of the fact that I could never shoot on that, it looks alot different, and there are much worse companies to go with out there for designs. (Here's where I agree with Dartman:wink:)

Please call CueSight at 877-283-7444

There is simply not a better cloth on the market with printing on it than the ArtScape by Milliken.

We have made many designs with the customer's personal design on it.

Our cloth is not cheap but it lasts up to 30% longer than Simonis.

As Steve mentioned the cloth is digitally dyed as it goes through the machine. It's white just like paper and the fibers are infused with color so the color becomes a permanent part of the cloth. Others print on top of the cloth so that the color is sitting on top of pre-dyed cloth and that is just like painting a piece of wood or screen printing a T-shirt.

If you are the kind of person who wants the best possible playing surface, combined with your personal design then Milliken's ArtScape should be your ONLY consideration.

And I will echo Dartman's sentiment about the "cloth" being sold by Imperial. Let's just say that you can theoretically use any "fabric" to cover a pool table, but should you?

877-283-7444 and ask for a quote, that part is free.
 
If anyone happens to be on Madison Ave in Midtown Manhattan you can stop in
Brooks Brothers to see what top shelf printed cloth looks. This cloth was
just installed by Jay (a-1billiards).

brooks1.jpg


brooks3.jpg
 
Last edited:
I reckon it's different strokes for different folks.

Personally I don't like playing on other then standard cloth
but if I had to I'd rather play on the Notre Dame print
compared to something like this -
ASO081_sm.jpg

this is what the cloth looks like in pool hell i assume


seriously tho....those colors and pics might look cool, but I would probably have a massive seizure playing on that.
 
Well regardless of how you feel about it that's how it is. When you go to Kinkos and you want to print 1000 flyers that advertise your tournament with a big Coca Cola logo on it then Kinkos is supposed to make you fill out a form that frees them from liability for your use of the Coca Cola logo. Kinkos can't be the ones who start calling around to find out if you have permission to use use Coke's logo or not.

Try checking things out BEFORE you go accusing people.

Where do you people get off thinking you know how the world works.

If you owned any sort of business that was in the business of printing things like T-Shirts, mugs, posters, etc.... then you would know this.

It's called indemification or holding harmless those who can't know.

Let me put it another way so it's simpler for you to understand.

Let's say that someone calls a painter and tells him to paint a wall in a private house. The painter does so without checking to see if the person directing the work to be done is the owner of the house. Later the owner comes home and finds a purple wall. He cannot sue the painter because the painter has a REASONABLE expectation that the person who has full access to the house also has the right to direct work to be done.

In the case of IP such as trademarks the printer has no reasonable expectation to think that anyone who is not affiliated directly with the trademark holder has permission to use it. Thus the affidavit which indemnifies the printer from prosecution. Of course it's not always this simple and sometimes the printer may require more documentation to cover their ass.

There is a BIG difference between having someone fill out a form and "making them swear" :rolleyes:
 
I was looking at cloths, seems there have been a few additions to the market since I last looked. And I saw this
http://cgi.ebay.com/Imperial-Detroi...ewItemQQptZUS_SM_Fan_Shop?hash=item518ecabb64

I would like Notre Dame cloth, but not $500


I agree, Snooker cloth can run that much for the stuff they use in the professional events and it dosent last very long. Higgens a year or two ago wanted them to change the cloth every night at the world championships that runs about 14 days, I think the first 10 days its 2 tables.



Dartman,


The package arrived today and its perfect as usual. Dartman is THE man for cloth-period!!!! He is the best in the biz, on time, fair, and a hell of a nice guy too. Thank you very much, I'm glad it arrived in time, I'll explain why in a post later. It is real important. America thanks you too ;) .

best
eric
 
Last edited:
I agree, Snooker cloth can run that much for the stuff they use in the professional events and it dosent last very long. Higgens a year or two ago wanted them to change the cloth every night at the world championships that runs about 14 days, I think the first 10 days its 2 tables.

Dartman,

The package arrived today and its perfect as usual. Dartman is THE man for cloth-period!!!! He is the best in the biz, on time, fair, and a hell of a nice guy too. Thank you very much, I'm glad it arrived in time, I'll explain why in a post later. It is real important. America thanks you too ;) .

best
eric

Yep - tournament snooker cloth at 100% wool is seriously expensive.
I wont steal your thunder on why the cloth had a deadline - I'm sure you'll post on that later. :wink:
Thanks for the compliment btw.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top