Sold For Sale Original 60s hand made George Balabushka Cue $27,000 (sold)

Sold Item
Status
Not open for further replies.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pete has finished Authenticating the cue and once he has drafted the letter he will send me an image or copy of that letter. At that time I'm happy to provide a copy of the letter to anyone who would is interested in the cue. Please just send me a message and I will include it as an attachment. Once I have the letter in place the cue will be available for one week. By then most who are interested should be able to have seen it and had the opportunity to contact me. At the end of the week I will make my decision as to who I would like it to go to. Pete is going to maintain custody of the cue and has agreed to act as an escrow so when I've made a decision I will inform Pete of whomever the buyer may be and once everything is confirmed Pete will release the cue to that individual. Shipping costs and details will need to be arranged with Pete at that time along with $500 for his services as an escrow. He did polish the cue up a little and took a couple of quick pictures. I unfortunately don't see a way of adding any images to this post, at least not on the mobile version of this page. I'm going to continue trying to do that however and am happy to send attachments upon request. Please let me know if you have any questions and have a wonderful weekend.

Last edited:

Dan White

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Pete has finished Authenticating the cue and once he has drafted the letter he will send me an image or copy of that letter. At that time I'm happy to provide a copy of the letter to anyone who would is interested in the cue. Please just send me a message and I will include it as an attachment. Once I have the letter in place the cue will be available for one week. By then most who are interested should be able to have seen it and had the opportunity to contact me. At the end of the week I will make my decision as to who I would like it to go to. Pete is going to maintain custody of the cue and has agreed to act as an escrow so when I've made a decision I will inform Pete of whomever the buyer may be and once everything is confirmed Pete will release the cue to that individual. Shipping costs and details will need to be arranged with Pete at that time. He did polish the cue up a little and took a couple of quick pictures. I unfortunately don't see a way of adding any images to this post, at least not on the mobile version of this page. I'm going to continue trying to do that however and am happy to send attachments upon request. Please let me know if you have any questions and have a wonderful weekend.
This is the way to sell a cue like that. There is another guy on AZ trying to sell a Szamboti and keeps refusing offers and checking on market prices every six months for a couple of years now, thereby destroying any interest in the cue. Sellers want to sell to a good guy but sometimes buyers want to buy from a good guy, too.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you I believe a cue like this should be handled in a classy way. That is what I'm striving for though have fumbled it a little bit. You have all been quite classy and for anyone who has not dealt with Pete Tascallera, he is about as classy they get. I had heard as much but he is truly top notch and an absolute professional. Based on my interactions with him, though I am an absolute novus player I've concluded that I'm going to buy one of his cues. He has absolutely earned the reputation that paints him as legend.

Attachments

• IMG_8.jpg
    IMG_8.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 216
  • IMG_304.jpg
    IMG_304.jpg
    38.7 KB · Views: 209
  • IMG_328.jpg
    IMG_328.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 213
  • IMG_3024.jpg
    IMG_3024.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 214

thepavlos

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
39   0   0
In your original picture the plastic in the back looks burgundy and in this one grey? Was that just a weird effect from the photo?
Thank you
Paul

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IMG_3024.jpg

In your original picture the plastic in the back looks burgundy and in this one grey? Was that just a weird effect from the photo?
Thank you
Paul
Pete took these pictures and it looks like they were taken under fluorescent lights and he was using his phone so there's certainly room for color gariatinvin these images but it's a wine) burgundy color. My pictures that were the initial ones posted may be a bit dark vs true life but the color is fairly accurate.

Attachments

• IMG_3025.jpg
    IMG_3025.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_3026.jpg
    IMG_3026.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 148
  • IMG_3027.jpg
    IMG_3027.jpg
    88.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_3028.jpg
    IMG_3028.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 155

Kickin' Chicken

Kick Shot Aficionado
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
320   0   0
for those unaware, Pete's letter has been added to post #1.

Stunning Spain blank, bells, whistles, 3 orig 13mm shafts, sure a lot to like about this cue...

I am, however, still confused over the buttsleeve whether gray or burgundy. Small detail.

best,
brian kc

ideologist

I don't never exaggerate
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
176   0   0
for those unaware, Pete's letter has been added to post #1.

Stunning Spain blank, bells, whistles, 3 orig 13mm shafts, sure a lot to like about this cue...

I am, however, still confused over the buttsleeve whether gray or burgundy. Small detail.

best,
brian kc
It's gray

PhilosopherKing

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Rating - 100%
41   0   1
Anyone know how old George Michaels would have been when the cue was made?

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he known for his white/gray hair, and I’m thinking the gray ring could have been a special personal touch... He wasn’t called Tacoma Burgundy.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Uvj know how old George Michaels would have been when the cue was made?

If I’m not mistaken, wasn’t he known for his white/gray hair, and I’m thinking the gray ring could have been a special personal touch... He wasn’t called Tacoma Burgundy.
George was a year older than my dad. George got the cue in may 1968. My dad was so george would have been about 24
Lacquer or acrylic could have discolored? I know that was gray acrylic rod installed in the 1960s, and Pete wrote the same in the letter
That was how it looked to me but after Pete polished it up, apparently it is actually grey.

Last edited:

Pool Hand Luke

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the same cue that's been on CL for many years with a 100K price tag?
I just looked there and it's no longer listed. The text and description sounded very similar.

EyeRonic

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Is this the same cue that's been on CL for many years with a 100K price tag?
I just looked there and it's no longer listed. The text and description sounded very similar.
No, this is the first time I have ever listed the cue. It was my father's and it was passed to me when the cancer he had been battling finally took his life last may.

I'm certainly not well versed in the exchange and commerce of pool cues, but I have enough perspective to know asking $100k is beyond ridiculous unless it was something insanely fancy and belonged to Minnesota Fats or something along those lines. The price I have listed is pushing the limits for a cue that doesn't have celebrity attached to it somehow. The box the cue shipped in from George with postmarks, a completely original cue in great condition with very light use and 3 original shafts with Balabushka tips and pads are likely what has pushed the interest and offers to these heights. The chance of it selling for the listed price or above would leave me flabbergasted. I don't know what the other ad claims but my cue is currently with Pete Tascarella and for any serious prospective buyers and before any payments occur, this can be verified with Pete himself. I suppose it could be legit but a $100k Balabushka on CL sounds very suspicious.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.