Foul, or just rude? Or am I a nit?

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I imagine the OP is not a fan of when they take the end off their jump/break cue and stick it in a pocket while they jump either.
There's a video of a snooker player changing his mind about using his cue extension and putting it down on the bed while he shot. Of course the cue ball came around and hit it.

justadub

Rattling corners nightly
Silver Member
Unless he clarified it in a later post, there is nothing in the original posting about it being an extremely easy unmissable shot, only that he had decent shape, whatever that means to him.

We have players in our weekly handicap tournament and in our open tournaments for stronger players that never give their opponent a 9 ball shot, regardless of how easy it is. I’ve learned to accept that, even though I may continue to give those same shots to those same opponents, but only if they are 99+% unmissable.
I've seen better players than me miscue on an easy shot before....one night I saw a match between two better players than me, one miscued right after the other.

DeadStick

i like turtles
Gold Member
Silver Member
No. That wouldn't be any kind of foul hazard.
No? It could easily block the CB from dropping in the pocket. Since jumps are hit at a pretty good speed, it could feasibly be tough to move the butt from the pocket in time.

u12armresl

One Pocket back cutter
Silver Member
Your opponent gets decent shape shot on his last shot, but has to roll the cue ball over the template to get to the object ball. Instead of moving the template to the rail, he moves it over just enough to be out of his shot.

Something about that rankled me. You could just as easily set your phone, or your chalk, or drink or whatever on the playing surface and be cocky about knowing that you won't hit it. It's like touching the cue ball before it stops rolling because you "know it's not going to hit anything".
If you have to post, you already know.

Mensabum

AzB Gold Member
Gold Member
ran·kle
verb

past tense: rankled; past participle: rankled
  1. (of a comment, event, or fact) cause annoyance or resentment that persists."the casual manner of his dismissal still rankles"
  2. (of a pool player) cause undue annoyance with an innocent, common, and neutral action that bothers only one or maybe two players in the world (see loggerhead12)
Ouch!!!👍🏻😂

Kobachi

Scarred but Smarter
I like to rack the remaining balls for my opponent before I shoot in my winning ball.

I also hold the chalk between my feet on the floor and spin my cue like I’m trying to start a fire.