Foul or not, YMTK.

BC21

https://www.playpoolbetter.com
Gold Member
Silver Member
I contacted a team of scientist at Berkeley and I have watched the video at various speeds, angles, body positions and speculated some and with all of that I can definitively say we don't know.............. Real answer no rail, close but I think it was a foul.

Damn! Lol! :eek: Then it's official.

pt109

WO double hemlock
Silver Member
I contacted a team of scientist at Berkeley and I have watched the video at various speeds, angles, body positions and speculated some and with all of that I can definitively say we don't know.............. Real answer no rail, close but I think it was a foul.

Damn! Lol! :eek: Then it's official.

You know that Berkeley is Mr Jewitt’s Alma Mater.
They don’t actually examine any billiard problems there....
...they just call Bob

Bob Jewett

AZB Osmium Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Silver Member
I contacted a team of scientists at Berkeley and I have watched the video at various speeds, angles, body positions and speculated some and with all of that I can definitively say we don't know.............. Real answer no rail, close but I think it was a foul.
Actually the study was farmed out to Lawrence Livermore Labs since they had a lot of spare compute cycles and they concluded that the shot was at the quantum mechanical limit for position determination because the ball was moving so slowly -- Heisenberg uncertainty principle at work.

No cat was certainly harmed during this investigation. Or maybe it was.

But is that a Ranger letting the cat out of the bag?

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
2/75 was my unit in the service seems like I was much younger back than, I got out in 94. Upon further review answering the foul no foul question may never happen, it's impossible really, kind of like infinity, some things are hard to get a solid answer on. However I'm not sure that one can rest until the final ruling is made and I expect we will see some heated debates after the ruling. This whole situation is big, it's big and growing.

alstl

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Just before it stopped it appeared to touch the rail and move slightly away from the rail. Good hit.

2rgrbn

"Sua Sponte"
Silver Member
Simimg had a different angle than the camera and she called it a foul, the majority here see it as no rail after contact, it was a foul