Found pool table, had hatchback.

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wife and I were out celebrating our anniversary with a nice brunch in the cities, decided to check out a nearby savers thrift store that recently opened opened in the area, walked in and I immediately noticed a rack with pool cues, and laughed at the terrible condition of them. Then the wife pointed out the POOL TABLE stacked in the bin, and that it had slate.... Looking closer I saw it was all of real wood construction and looked pretty good quality, started digging through it and found that it was a Vitalie 8ft pool table + all accessories for $99.99...and we had a 20% off coupon haha We were 1.5 hrs away from home and had my wife's Toyota Corolla hatchback. Did what it took.... Had some scratches and marks from it being handled this way but few minutes with a wood marker has already made a huge difference. Having simonis felt and new rubbers put on soon.
Compress_20230320_210938_8489.jpg
Compress_20230320_210708_8512.jpg

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Ha, that’s awesome. Is it now assembled? Were any pieces missing
Just a few pieces of basic hardware were missing, easily replaced. all the actual table components where there as well as full set of balls, racks, and super nice table cover. Base is all set up and slate set on top, going to have it professionally finished with new felt and bumpers from there.

Cuebuddy

Mini cues
Silver Member
Just a few pieces of basic hardware were missing, easily replaced. all the actual table components where there as well as full set of balls, racks, and super nice table cover. Base is all set up and slate set on top, going to have it professionally finished with new felt and bumpers from there.
Very cool. The pic of your car should be blown up and framed and placed close to the table!

I have played on a few Peter Vitalie tables and they are nice. The woodwork and finish were great. It’s good to have the rail rubber replaced, I have seen the rubber go bad on certain rails but fine on others. The shelf depth on the tables that I had played on made them play tough.

Great story, thanks for the pics. H

Dead Money

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Wife and I were out celebrating our anniversary with a nice brunch in the cities, decided to check out a nearby savers thrift store that recently opened opened in the area, walked in and I immediately noticed a rack with pool cues, and laughed at the terrible condition of them. Then the wife pointed out the POOL TABLE stacked in the bin, and that it had slate.... Looking closer I saw it was all of real wood construction and looked pretty good quality, started digging through it and found that it was a Vitalie 8ft pool table + all accessories for $99.99...and we had a 20% off coupon haha We were 1.5 hrs away from home and had my wife's Toyota Corolla hatchback. Did what it took.... Had some scratches and marks from it being handled this way but few minutes with a wood marker has already made a huge difference. Having simonis felt and new rubbers put on soon. View attachment 693214View attachment 693215
Nice find. I am amazed you got all of that in that car-wow!

poolguppy

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Nice find, I take it's a 3 piece slate?
Yep 3 piece slate nice slate base layer. Was impressed with the build of it, stouter than the Golden West or olhausen I have previously had.

Will post some finished pictures for sure, I intended to take more pics but was so excited to unload forgot to get anymore. Car handled it fine suspension had room to go, stopping distance was noticeably decreased though!

straightline

AzB Silver Member
Silver Member
Yep 3 piece slate nice slate base layer. Was impressed with the build of it, stouter than the Golden West or olhausen I have previously had.

Will post some finished pictures for sure, I intended to take more pics but was so excited to unload forgot to get anymore. Car handled it fine suspension had room to go, stopping distance was noticeably decreased though!
Increased I hope. Shoulda asked for the tub and cues too.